Polestar Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just to keep the problem interesting, I have the added complication that $2000 of Colorado State Tax incentive evaporates on on December 31st. So, if I take delivery after January 1st, the car costs $2000 more. Under my current plan, I'm spending a little more than $1000 (?) in shipping expenses to get the car to me from the west coast in time to get the $2000 incentive. Once January rolls around, it would be cheaper for me to wait for the Denver space to open, which would save the delivery fee. But I'm likely too impatient to wait that long.

See, you can make a full-time job over obsessing about this stuff if you want.
If {Prob_brick*$_tow + $_delivery + $_xanax_prilosec_60d < $2000} then buy_now

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm wondering if any folks who have already taken delivery in Europe can point to language in the warranty there. Of course, it may be different in the (much larger) US.
I'm not a lawyer either, but if this helps these are extracts from my UK sales contract:

6. WARRANTY FOR HIDDEN DEFECTS
6.1 Your Vehicle comes with a Polestar Warranty. The Polestar Warranty can be found in the attached Polestar Warranty documentation and on www.polestar.com, which shall form an integral part of the Sales Contract.
6.2 The Polestar Warranty is a manufacturer’s warranty that supplements and does not affect your legal rights under the Sales Contract or under applicable national legislation governing the sale of consumer goods.
6.3 The Polestar Warranty covers all parts of the Vehicle which require repair or replacement as a result of a manufacturing defect (subject to certain exclusions). A Polestar Authorised Service Point will repair or replace the part free of charge regardless of any change of Vehicle ownership during the period of warranty.
6.4 The Polestar Warranty starts on the day your Vehicle is delivered to you, and continues for three (3) years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The Polestar Warranty also provides for a warranty for Polestar accessories, paint, corrosion protection, carbon fiber and the hybrid battery. The duration and the scope of these additional warranties under the Polestar Warranty varies.
6.5 If you are a consumer, your Vehicle also comes with a legal warranty (the “Legal Warranty”). Under this law, we are liable to you for any non-conformity of the Vehicle that exists at the time of delivery of the Vehicle and that manifests itself within a period of three (3) years from the said delivery. Any non-conformity that occurs during the first six (6) months after delivery shall be deemed to have existed at the time of delivery. Any non-conformity must be notified to us by registered letter within a period of two (2) months from the moment you have discovered the non-conformity by contacting Polestar Support using the instructions on www.polestar.com. In the absence of such notification within two (2) months of its discovery, you lose your right to make a claim against us for lack of conformity on the basis of the Legal Warranty.
6.6 The Polestar Warranty is without prejudice to the Legal Warranty. Please note that the Legal Warranty remains applicable at all times even if your Vehicle has not been maintained or repaired by a Polestar Authorised Service Point.

Warranty in general
Because of the national legislation of certain countries, the Polestar importer/general agent will sometimes give special warranty provisions. These national warranty provisions are only applicable in the country where the car is delivered. You will receive information about any national warranty provisions when you purchase your car.
In most countries the national warranty provisions are identical to Polestar's international warranty provisions.
However, if national legislation provides special terms to the person to whom the car was delivered, Polestar will comply with these provided there are no restrictions.
For further information about the contents of this Status and Warranty booklet, please contact Polestar Support.
Related information
• Polestar warranty and consumer law
• Polestar warranty limitations
• Service and maintenance in general

Polestar warranty and consumer law
This Polestar warranty is a manufacturer’s warranty that supplements and does not affect your legal rights under the vehicle purchase agreement with your selling retailer or under applicable national legislation governing the sale of consumer goods.
Related information
• Warranty in general

Vehicle warranty
Warranty coverage
Should any part of the vehicle require repair or replacement as a result of a manufacturing defect, the part will be repaired or replaced free of charge by any Polestar Authorised Service Point regardless of any change of vehicle ownership during the period of warranty.
Warranty period
The vehicle warranty starts on the day the new car is delivered to the first retail customer and continues for 3 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
The warranty period for demonstrator vehicles or company cars starts on the day the vehicle is put into service (not the day the vehicle is first sold retail).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just phoned customer support today and the attendant was struggling to answer my questions. It was like they were being bombarded and they had lost confidence or they were just new. Probably high turnaround.
What I am struggling to understand is.
Dont they check headlight alignment before leaving the factory, or dont they have a jig for this. Would have thought this was standard practice.
I remember my last car when I was making the choice to purchase. I,m sure that during testing they advertised over a million miles. It sounds like polestar forgot this bit, seeing the issues with batteries and other electrical issues.

Oh well maybe the delay is a good.

·
Registered
507 Posts
When you have a real dealer delivering cars, rather than direct home delivery, they actually spend time making sure the car passes local inspection laws. In my state that includes ensuring the headlights are properly adjusted to a specific height.

If the prep and delivery is rushed (maybe because we are anxious??? 😮), they may not do/check things that need to be done. Who knows, maybe Polestar delivery points don't even have a full delivery checklist yet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's confusing in Europe. Our RHD cars were prepped in Belgium (LHD) before being shipped into the UK for final prep and delivery, and many have been checked and one, both, or neither! Or maybe some were just set up the wrong way round!

·
Registered
507 Posts
On FB someone, I think from UK, posted about his bricked car. Turns out it wasn't the 12v battery but some other issue that requires a part that they'll not get for 3 weeks. 😳

·
Registered
409 Posts
On FB someone, I think from UK, posted about his bricked car. Turns out it wasn't the 12v battery but some other issue that requires a part that they'll not get for 3 weeks. 😳
That coheres with the guy on Reddit from Norway who says that ~20 cars (out of the ~1000 delivered) seem to have a similar thing and their replacement parts aren't coming for a few weeks.
That issue was described as the controller for the battery heater.

Pure speculation:
I wonder if this is secondary effects of the pandemic in that all supply chains run through China, and I'm sure Polestar in particular has mainly Chinese suppliers, especially for electronic components. For our stuff we have already seen some variation of what we're getting (a semiconductor thing) from China post-pandemic vs pre-pandemic, even across batches post-pandemic. There's always going to be some variation of components, with some being duds and others being fine, but I'm thinking that is further exacerbated after everyone tried to accelerate back to normal after reopening.

What this implies is that cars with later production dates should be more free of these issues, as is always the case for new model cars but particularly so now. I guess time will tell for sure.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That coheres with the guy on Reddit from Norway who says that ~20 cars (out of the ~1000 delivered) seem to have a similar thing and their replacement parts aren't coming for a few weeks.
That issue was described as the controller for the battery heater.

Pure speculation:
I wonder if this is secondary effects of the pandemic in that all supply chains run through China, and I'm sure Polestar in particular has mainly Chinese suppliers, especially for electronic components. For our stuff we have already seen some variation of what we're getting (a semiconductor thing) from China post-pandemic vs pre-pandemic, even across batches post-pandemic. There's always going to be some variation of components, with some being duds and others being fine, but I'm thinking that is further exacerbated after everyone tried to accelerate back to normal after reopening.

What this implies is that cars with later production dates should be more free of these issues, as is always the case for new model cars but particularly so now. I guess time will tell for sure.
What ever happened to six sigma?

·
Registered
110 Posts
By the way remember that a "Space" is not a service centre(/center), it's just a place to go and look at the cars. At least in Europe, anyway, it's just like a Tesla pop-up showroom only semi-permanent.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
507 Posts
Correction, it was in Belgium.

·
Registered
507 Posts
By the way remember that a "Space" is not a service centre(/center), it's just a place to go and look at the cars. At least in Europe, anyway, it's just like a Tesla pop-up showroom only semi-permanent.
Well it would be nice if they announced where the service centers might be in the US. My understanding is that in NY for instance, the pop-up store is on 59th street, while the service center is Manhattan Motors which is down on 51st on the west side. So they are not in the same place exactly, but in the same vicinity.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Correction, it was in Belgium.
There was also a chap from the UK who got stuck on holiday a few days after receiving the car; he's waiting for a replacement part (a battery coolant temperature sensor, I think) to arrive from China. Seems like there have been a couple of isolated incidents but nothing too widespread (it seems).

61 - 73 of 73 Posts