Polestar Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
What a fright I got!
Reversing into a space in an underground car park. All looked clear but on the turn in sudden jolt and stop! Thought I’d hit an invisible barrier but got out and...nothing.
my only deduction was maybe I was going to fast and the car reacted to the nearby adjacent car. Anyway definitely scared the hell out of me as I thought of the insurance claim🤨.
At least I know what this is like now. I tested it while backing up into a toy and it is incredibly abrupt and scary even at very low speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Set to late standard Polestar 2, had the same issue but in different locations, currently driving loan Polestar 2 performance, had no issues with this one.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I had it happen to me for the first time two days ago. I was in a lane where there was a 2 foot snowbank left by the plows, partially in the lane so it was extra narrow. I guess I got a bit close to the dirty snow because I felt it pull to the left and the collision avoidance message popped up on the driver display. But it wasn't especially violent, and only moved me about a foot over. I guess mine worked pretty well. I have it set to Late.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yesterday I had the ACC on and approached an intersection with cars in the left turn lane sticking out slightly into my through lane. I felt the ACC begin to slow me down until I moved to the right edge of the lane at which point the ACC was no longer able to "see" the cars turning left. Otherwise no drama.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts