Polestar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Thunder, no PP
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this happened this morning (while the car was parked along the street). Panels dented, mirror off, details cracked and big scratch on the rim. After crying a little from a broken heart, and receiving insurance information from the very apologetic driver of the other car, I called Polestar San Jose, asking for advice on how to handle it.

They’re usually very helpful, but this time around they kept pointing out they don’t do body work, and could give the number to body shops, etc. I pointed out that there’s also electronics involved, i.e. the mirror, and they agreed to take a look at it in about a month, but that they don’t work with insurance companies, so I’ll have to pay upfront and work with My insurance later.

I’ve never dealt with this type of thing in the US before. When I lived in Sweden, Volvo would have handled it, worked with insurance etc, and taken full ownership into restoring it to pristine condition.

My question to people who have experience with this — will a body shop be able to fix this, order the necessary parts from Polestar, deal with e.g. the mirror?

·
Registered
674 Posts
So this happened this morning (while the car was parked along the street). Panels dented, mirror off, details cracked and big scratch on the rim. After crying a little from a broken heart, and receiving insurance information from the very apologetic driver of the other car, I called Polestar San Jose, asking for advice on how to handle it.

They’re usually very helpful, but this time around they kept pointing out they don’t do body work, and could give the number to body shops, etc. I pointed out that there’s also electronics involved, i.e. the mirror, and they agreed to take a look at it in about a month, but that they don’t work with insurance companies, so I’ll have to pay upfront and work with My insurance later.

I’ve never dealt with this type of thing in the US before. When I lived in Sweden, Volvo would have handled it, worked with insurance etc, and taken full ownership into restoring it to pristine condition.

My question to people who have experience with this — will a body shop be able to fix this, order the necessary parts from Polestar, deal with e.g. the mirror?

View attachment 6038 View attachment 6037
Try calling your local Volvo dealership.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
Try calling your local Volvo dealership.
agreed with this. Might call Volvo San Jose or Volvo Marin directly. Most of the parts are standard Volvo parts and all the service is done through those shops anyway.
Have you tried the main customer service number? They may be able to pull strings the individual Spaces cant as they’re more sales/distribution focused.

man that really sucks….

·
Registered
2021 Thunder, no PP
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help! I called Polestar San Jose (Volvo Palo Alto) back, and they recommended a body shop that can work directly with the insurance company. The car was picked up a few minutes ago. My heart is still breaking though, I miss it already. Hopefully they’ll be able to patch it back together nicely :)

·
Registered
California
604 Posts
The couple of times I’ve had to have real body repair work done, B2 Perfection has been great to deal with. They worked with Alfa Romeo to acquire things when that was too difficult for the dealer service centers to bother with.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ugh, I’m so sorry. When I took delivery back in November, the team at Marin noted that the only authorized body shop for repairs in the U.S. (at the time, anyway) was super close. Highly recommend giving them a call if you’re having any trouble.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wow that is awful, and really highlights a big gap. You would kind of think that Polestar CS would have this as a known potential issue and how to deal with it?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ooff. I can't even imagine how gutting this must be. I put a tiny scratch in my car while removing my bike rack, and it took me weeks (and $300) to get over it. So losing the whole side of the car is just next level. I'm sure you'll find someone to make it look and operate like new again, so hang in there!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts