Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Current: 2018 Mini Countryman All4 S; Ordered: Midnight Polestar 2
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed my order yesterday and will hopefully have something in 4-8 weeks. I’ve been a Ford Mach E order holder since July of 2020 (reservation in December of 2019). It was built 1/22/21 but has never left Mexico. Changed ETA twice with the most recent changed to N/A.

The P2 and the Mach S were close for me from the start but with better range, bigger vehicle (trying to have kids), and I loved the design just a tad bit more. But Ford has been atrocious with communication. It’s been a rough roll out to put it politely.

Im excited to join this community and learn from you all. Hopefully this all works out and I’ll be owning my first BEV soon. Something I’ve been looking forward to for a long time.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Welcome, @Wareagle1440! there is at least one other Colorado owner active here so good to have another soon. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just placed my order yesterday and will hopefully have something in 4-8 weeks. I’ve been a Ford Mach E order holder since July of 2020 (reservation in December of 2019). It was built 1/22/21 but has never left Mexico. Changed ETA twice with the most recent changed to N/A.

The P2 and the Mach S were close for me from the start but with better range, bigger vehicle (trying to have kids), and I loved the design just a tad bit more. But Ford has been atrocious with communication. It’s been a rough roll out to put it politely.

Im excited to join this community and learn from you all. Hopefully this all works out and I’ll be owning my first BEV soon. Something I’ve been looking forward to for a long time.
Roll tide!

As you will read here, Polestar has had its share of growing pains.

But it’s a great car!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Congratulations on the order! I'm sure there will be a bunch of cars coming to Colorado with the upcoming opening of the Denver Space. I keep wondering how long it will be before I see another one! (Note that I had 3 in my driveway at one point, but the other 2 were Polestar company cars so that doesn't quite count).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another member from Colorado here - but not an owner yet.

My wife and I are definitely jumping into the EV world soon enough, but just haven’t quite decided on which way to go yet.

We have a deposit on a Rivian, an open order for a Model Y, and have looked closely at the Mach E and the Polestar 2.

My wife had a 2017 V60 Polestar wagon and I more recently had a V90 CC, so we really appreciate Volvo’s design approach. But it’s hard to beat the room and range in the Tesla (or the Mach E for that matter).

We shall see.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,081 Posts
Another member from Colorado here - but not an owner yet.

My wife and I are definitely jumping into the EV world soon enough, but just haven’t quite decided on which way to go yet.

We have a deposit on a Rivian, an open order for a Model Y, and have looked closely at the Mach E and the Polestar 2.

My wife had a 2017 V60 Polestar wagon and I more recently had a V90 CC, so we really appreciate Volvo’s design approach. But it’s hard to beat the room and range in the Tesla (or the Mach E for that matter).

We shall see.
welcome!

My 2 cents:
Use the Rivian for when you definitely need the space and range, going camping or to trails out of the way.
Use the Polestar when you’d rather have the nice handling and it’s design - going to the city, the windy hilly roads, etc.
we (really I, pending spousal approval) are looking at switching our second car to the R1S for a bunch of “reasons” that mainly come down to “I want it”, which would enable that same set of solutions.

@JPC can opine more specifically but I think Polestar’s cargo and range are enough for the vast majority of cases. Tesla definitely has the range advantage and charging network too. But so far polestar has been fine on both regards for us. And I think it’s an overall better car, while Tesla may be a better EV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good advice.

Wife and I generally have one “utility” car that’s good for Home Depot trips and when all the kids are home and then we each have our own “personal” fun car. With our kids getting older (the youngest is 16) we’re quickly finding we don’t need the large SUV anymore, so we now have an X3 for our utility car and my winter driver. And I just sold my “fun” car so that’s an open slot.

So...to your point, while the Polestar2 may be a bit on the small side for our shared utility car, it’d be more than adequate as my fun car :).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quick update - I visited the Denver Space today. It was their first day of a “soft” opening.

And...went ahead and placed the order. They were all excited as it was their first order there, and apparently there were two more later in the afternoon.

So, Thunder, Charcoal, non-PP 20” wheels. 😀

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awesome news, @Brystal - did you get to test drive one?
I did - not at the Space as they're not offering that quite yet, but I actually scheduled a total of 3 test drives over the past month or so. So I got to experience the 19" wheels vs 20" (no PP) as well as see and feel the leather option. Based on that, I was able to make a relatively informed decision.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts