Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Swedish Blue/Leather/Tow/19"
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would start a chain for the owners in Colorado, since there is quite a few of us in the greater Denver area.
To Share range/ driving/ charging/ whatever experiences since our terrain is a little different than most US owners.

Did my 2nd drive from Stapleton/Central Park to Summit county. Takes about 48% westbound/up-hill to sun & ski at Dillon.
east bound it takes 10% just to reach the tunnel. Then another 10% for the rest of the way home. 50F in the mountain

Started at 75% so went for a 5.5min/10kW charge before headed home (technically could have made it. But map said 0%! So i figured go check out the EA DC charger in Frisco. There are 6 units there and works great.
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Gadget Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Moon/Non-PP/20"/Charcoal/Tow VIN XX6XXX
52 Posts
I have not yet taken a trip up to Summit County. I am curious to see how much further that 48% consumption increases as the weather cools off. Seems like still could easily make it to Frisco to those EA chargers.

Wondering when we'll get an email about the free EA charging x 2 yrs...still haven't gotten mine.

The streak continues of me not seeing another PS2 while driving mine, but I saw a Thunder in my area around 29th and Central Park the other day while walking...

Did you register your car yet? In CO, it says "date of manufacture" determines the specific ownership tax. So with my car being built 7/2020, this tax should be decreased to [(85% x MSRP) x 1.5%] instead of 2.1%. That's about a $300 difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was in mine near 28th and Central Park the other day... Could've been me. I only saw one other in the wild, but it was nice to see.

I drove mine from Denver to Glenwood Springs on a single charge on my way to Aspen for a camping trip. It was super easy... No range anxiety at all. The charge point fast charge in Carbondale worked really well.

I m still waiting for the paper work to come to register. Polestar extended the temp for me, which was nice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I m still waiting for the paper work to come to register. Polestar extended the temp for me, which was nice.
I see so many cars around here with temp plates that expired around 5 months ago, presumably not getting pulled over or anything. But still feels odd.

They closed the DMV for 2 days last week to "catch up" on paperwork...what a mess.

Who did you reach out to at the Denver Space for an extension?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Monica does the extensions. You can reach out to Danny or her.
i had to extend. Still dont have my paperwork yet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You wont see mine ard central park for a while. Finally in the shop to fix the year end damage. They paid out for bumper and labor. Had to disassemble before they would supplement the tow hitch and a few other parts.
Now waiting for the adjuster to approve.
i suspect out for a month. Already been a week.
And i hate paying $50 a tank of gas. 😅

·
Registered
52 Posts
Now waiting for the adjuster to approve.
Good luck with that! Is the uninsured motorist going to cover your deductible?

Hope you get it back ASAP. My wife and I are taking the P2 almost everywhere, haven't gotten gas in her car for a while now!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Getting my Polestar on Tuesday, excited to see it. Good to see there are some Colorado Owners here. Anyone want to buy my Saab wagon?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does a Colorado resident who no longer lives there cause the military moves me around count?
I did just order a Polestar 2 last week from the Denver Space. I did ask them to register my car in Colorado. Hopefully it’s not an issue for them. Nearest Polestar Space was about 300 miles, until recently they opened up the DC Space.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does a Colorado resident who no longer lives there cause the military moves me around count?
I did just order a Polestar 2 last week from the Denver Space. I did ask them to register my car in Colorado. Hopefully it’s not an issue for them. Nearest Polestar Space was about 300 miles, until recently they opened up the DC Space.
Hey you bought from Denver space, so why not count? ;)
We are not so exclusive a club. hahaha. Welcome!
Curious, Is DC car property tax higher than CO? Or other operating taxes higher?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck with that! Is the uninsured motorist going to cover your deductible?

Hope you get it back ASAP. My wife and I are taking the P2 almost everywhere, haven't gotten gas in her car for a while now!
Hey Al,
I have 4 yrs of good driving deductible rebate or whatever you call it. So $600 instead of $1000.
I gave up chasing the other driver. "I am poor, unemployment, dialysis 4 days a week, etc". But he drives a BMW 745i...
Will see if collision center gives a discount, they have avoided the question everytime I ask. But so far max out of pocket $600.
Looks like no further damage, just the tow hitch and a few extra parts/nuts/bolts they needed to get supplement approval for. Hope to get it back soon.

·
Registered
TBD
45 Posts
Hey you bought from Denver space, so why not count? ;)
We are not so exclusive a club. hahaha. Welcome!
Curious, Is DC car property tax higher than CO? Or other operating taxes higher?
As a retired military member who moved a lot, sometimes you want to maintain a different state of residence than where you are stationed (tax purposes, etc) - and Colorado still gives more on the state tax credit than most other locales on top of the $7500 federal credit.

the dealership should have no problem registering the car in Colorado, but it's what DC police will do if they get a bug up their asses and stop you with expired temp tags that would be my concern.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a retired military member who moved a lot, sometimes you want to maintain a different state of residence than where you are stationed (tax purposes, etc) - and Colorado still gives more on the state tax credit than most other locales on top of the $7500 federal credit.

the dealership should have no problem registering the car in Colorado, but it's what DC police will do if they get a bug up their asses and stop you with expired temp tags that would be my concern.
DC does not require service members to register their car in DC, they do allow to keep my home of record plates (CO). I've learned it was easier and cheaper to just keep Colorado tags; registration, title, and anything else associated fees, do rack up every 1-3 years.
When I bought my Bolt EV in Virginia, I did the research, VA has no incentive for EV's other than HOV access in Northern VA, which at the time I was stationed Southern VA, so had the dealer do the paperwork for Colorado to take advantage of the Colorado EV tax credit. Granted it woulda been much much cheaper to have VA plates, since military is exempt from property tax. It did take a long time to get my plates, about 5 months, I did have to bug the Chevy dealer each month for a new temp tag. Big name dealers in VA issue out plates right away during a new car purchase. Hopefully Colorado doesn't take to long for plates....

Plus Colorado plates just look better! And working with other Colorado service members, we all tend to park next to each other!

When I spoke to the Denver space, they seemed somewhat hesitant, since my residence is on the East coast, then I mentioned, my other car is currently registered in CO and hasn't been an issue for the past 8 years, they proceeded to say then it should be okay. I'm still a bit hesitant on their response.

·
Registered
TBD
45 Posts
DC does not require service members to register their car in DC, they do allow to keep my home of record plates (CO). I've learned it was easier and cheaper to just keep Colorado tags; registration, title, and anything else associated fees, do rack up every 1-3 years.
When I bought my Bolt EV in Virginia, I did the research, VA has no incentive for EV's other than HOV access in Northern VA, which at the time I was stationed Southern VA, so had the dealer do the paperwork for Colorado to take advantage of the Colorado EV tax credit. Granted it woulda been much much cheaper to have VA plates, since military is exempt from property tax. It did take a long time to get my plates, about 5 months, I did have to bug the Chevy dealer each month for a new temp tag. Big name dealers in VA issue out plates right away during a new car purchase. Hopefully Colorado doesn't take to long for plates....

Plus Colorado plates just look better! And working with other Colorado service members, we all tend to park next to each other!

When I spoke to the Denver space, they seemed somewhat hesitant, since my residence is on the East coast, then I mentioned, my other car is currently registered in CO and hasn't been an issue for the past 8 years, they proceeded to say then it should be okay. I'm still a bit hesitant on their response.
If you already have plates from a previous car, you can walk in to the CO DMV with the purchase documents and do it all much faster. Colorado is "plate to owner" meaning you own them and can move them between cars.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
but it's what DC police will do if they get a bug up their asses and stop you with expired temp tags that would be my concern.
Before expiration just email Danny at Denver Space, they will email you a new tag.
I printed mine out, enlarged it 30% I think, and used clear packing tape to tape it to the existing temp tags.
They send it same day.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
23 Posts
New Colorado owner here. We took delivery last week and so far love it! I have owned several EV's in the past and also currently own an Audi E-tron. So this isn't our first EV.

We are planning our first road trip this weekend driving from Manitou Springs to Grand Junction. We are going the back route over Hoosier pass, charging at Frisco, and then I-70 all the way to Grand Junction. I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have had my Magnesium for several months and enjoying it. I had the “cricket sound” in the back reported elsewhere and dealer repaired by replacing rear belt tensioner - all good. Wash Park to Winter Park and back takes ~60% charge (since you are climbing more going up than coming back :)).

Also just put on winter tires (car comes with summer tires which I recently realized). Went with Michelin X-Ice which are a little louder / harder (but to be expected). Havent tried in snow yet but I am sure CO will give us that opportunity soon :).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey all! Thinking of getting my side windows tinted. Denver area. Any recommendations for shops?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts