Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I pick mine up on Tue and have been promised the $2500 CO tax credit as well as the $7500 federal credit. I'll confirm on Tue.

·
Registered
2021 Swedish Blue/Leather/Tow/19"
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
All of the vehicles I've owned with advanced driving assist features fail in snowy conditions. Our Model X used to have the same issue. Until they have a way of cleaning the sensors, this will always be a problem.
yeah tonight backing out of a store parking spot, the reverse sensor was beeping at me, then slammed on the brakes by itself. Scared the shit out of me for a second, I thought I actually hit something. I need to get used to the fact I cannot back into something inthis car, and the bump is the auto brake. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
How many miles was the drive, and do you know rough elevation gain?
I pick up my P*2 next week in NYC and hope to use it for ski trips to Vermont. I fully understand that it is not possible w/o a stop, but I’m ok with one stop midway (there’s conveniently EA chargers very close to dead-mid point). I’m looking at ~250 mi each way, but very loaded. 4 people plus dog, but no roof box, but we’re talking 800lb of mammals total, and it can get VERY cold at times. I’m sure I’m being paranoid, but is there any conceivable circumstance that I don’t get 130mi? We get a couple of days a year in Vermont below -10F.

But I can take another car, worst case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Was 90 miles and roughly 4500-5000ft elevation change. 5280' to 9740' but there were a few ups and downs.
you will get 130 miles for sure up hill. P1.8 definitely helped. I swear the first time i drove the route in mild flurries 30's F, on update 2132, i would not have made it back and forth, that was 400lbs of humans and no roof box.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
believe JPC got his.
I will let you know after upcoming tax time.
But I dont see why we wouldnt get it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah tonight backing out of a store parking spot, the reverse sensor was beeping at me, then slammed on the brakes by itself. Scared the shit out of me for a second, I thought I actually hit something. I need to get used to the fact I cannot back into something inthis car, and the bump is the auto brake. :ROFLMAO:
I put my bike rack on for the first time. I parked it with my son in the passenger’s seat while I got a last minute Christmas gift. I didn’t wait to re-deactivate the sensors. We started to back out and both about crapped our pants when the breaks punched hard to stop us. We swore we hit a cement wall 😂

·
Registered
22 P2 Pilot/Perf Thunder
12 Posts
Any of you other CO folks looking to get a set of mudflaps? The shipping cost looks to be the same for 1 set or multiple. Anyone want to do an order together?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Any of you other CO folks looking to get a set of mudflaps? The shipping cost looks to be the same for 1 set or multiple. Anyone want to do an order together?
I was interested but now it’s not clear that they make that much difference (?)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I was interested but now it’s not clear that they make that much difference (?)
I think all it will do is accumulate more ice. I drove to Copper in the ice and slush on Friday. They to and fro Silverthorne Saturday. The ice pretty much was wheel well to tire. I cannot see what mud flaps would do except add more ice…

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Aaaargh!
17°F and a flat tire.
Just for Silverthorne exit, so pulled into Silverthorne.

Learned on the fly how the sealant and pump works…
I jacked it up to let it air up first, and minimize work on the pump.
Lowered the jack down about mid-way at 5mins.
Having lunch and will check pressure again.
75 miles to hime🙄

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I can tell y’all this: driving this car <50mph down the mountain suuucks.
Just pulled into costco arvada to have them take a look at it.
But the sealant and pump works well!
I even followed instructions and pulled over to check pressure after 10mins drive (well was 20mins for me). Remember to reset tpms after sealing and airing the tire up.

·
Registered
22 P2 Pilot/Perf Thunder
12 Posts
That had to be quite obnoxious. Is the 50mph the recommended limit after sealing? I already purchased patch kits in case that fix is more available. I read somewhere the sealant makes the tire not able to be mounted later. Did the tire crew say anything about that?

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, today was first trip in snow and since P1.8 upgrade.
Central Park neighborhood of Denver to copper mtn.

3 teenagers and me, 500lbs of human. Loaded thule vector m cargo box. Fully loaded trunk.

Departed 100% soc with pre heating while plugged in. Arrived with 39% soc and 90mi on the dash range. Means i can definitely make it home on one charge.

28°F snow/slush conditions, which meant not going uphill doing 75-80mph. In fact there was a wreck on I-70 that caused the trip to take 2hr 30min. 2000mi old Michelin cross climate 2 19” tires.

Very happy to see the P2 can go to and back on same day. I charged in Frisco Walmart as i will drive around between silverthorne and avon next 4 days.

1 big surprise.
How well the car drives in snow. very very stable.
Tried to break the tail loose, had to turn teaction off, and it is back under control very easil.

1 big disappointment.
Within 30 mins of wonrer weather, all driver assists stopped working. Too much snow and slush covering sensors. Sensor blocked error, clean sensor error. Again and again. Parking sensors also stopped working and front camera was a blank.

View attachment 10057
View attachment 10055
Thanks for the post! We are picking ours up tomorrow and can't wait to get the snow tires put on, so we can hit Keystone and Breck in the next few weeks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
That had to be quite obnoxious. Is the 50mph the recommended limit after sealing? I already purchased patch kits in case that fix is more available. I read somewhere the sealant makes the tire not able to be mounted later. Did the tire crew say anything about that?
Yes. The pump even has a removable 50mph/80kmh sticker for us to out on our windshield to remind us. 😅
I just set cruise control and pilot assist on turn on emergency blinkers on when someone got close to me.

costco arvada could not get me in, they were too busy. So i went home. Have an appt on Froday and will let them know. Will post the end result once it is fixed.

·
Registered
22 P2 Pilot/Perf Thunder
12 Posts
I was told they email the link to get both federal and state tax credits. We'll see....
If you signed the papers in 2021 you should be fine. They'll email you the copy of your signed docs in a couple days which should be l you need to claim the credits.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
Yes. The pump even has a removable 50mph/80kmh sticker for us to out on our windshield to remind us. 😅
I just set cruise control and pilot assist on turn on emergency blinkers on when someone got close to me.

costco arvada could not get me in, they were too busy. So i went home. Have an appt on Froday and will let them know. Will post the end result once it is fixed.
well, the tire is shot. And putting tire seal gunk voids pretty much all hazard warranties.
costco is doing a 1 time coverage for me. But i have to pay $50 ($10 install + $40 price difference between my sale price vs todays full price).
So next time call road side asst or tow to repair. Try to air it up with the pump. The gunk is last resort.
Now waiting for delivery of the tire wednesday then back to costco for install. I told the guy, why not keep 2 in stock since at least 3 of us bought a set there.

oh and mcdonald volvo parts doesnt have replacement parts. But said it costs $76 and suggested i try the internet 😳

·
Registered
22 P2 Pilot/Perf Thunder
12 Posts
well, the tire is shot. And putting tire seal gunk voids pretty much all hazard warranties.
costco is doing a 1 time coverage for me. But i have to pay $50 ($10 install + $40 price difference between my sale price vs todays full price).
So next time call road side asst or tow to repair. Try to air it up with the pump. The gunk is last resort.
Now waiting for delivery of the tire wednesday then back to costco for install. I told the guy, why not keep 2 in stock since at least 3 of us bought a set there.

oh and mcdonald volvo parts doesnt have replacement parts. But said it costs $76 and suggested i try the internet 😳
I was paranoid about this so I bought a bunch of tire patches.

Option 1 - patches
Option 2 - gunk and/or tow

Do you have to replace the compressor and the gunk?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What do you think of buying an extra tire and rim? 90% of the flats likely to happen close to home. Call someone or go home and get it. Is that dumb? Sure don't like the gunk and no warranty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, today was first trip in snow and since P1.8 upgrade.
Central Park neighborhood of Denver to copper mtn.

3 teenagers and me, 500lbs of human. Loaded thule vector m cargo box. Fully loaded trunk.

Departed 100% soc with pre heating while plugged in. Arrived with 39% soc and 90mi on the dash range. Means i can definitely make it home on one charge.

28°F snow/slush conditions, which meant not going uphill doing 75-80mph. In fact there was a wreck on I-70 that caused the trip to take 2hr 30min. 2000mi old Michelin cross climate 2 19” tires.

Very happy to see the P2 can go to and back on same day. I charged in Frisco Walmart as i will drive around between silverthorne and avon next 4 days.

1 big surprise.
How well the car drives in snow. very very stable.
Tried to break the tail loose, had to turn teaction off, and it is back under control very easil.

1 big disappointment.
Within 30 mins of wonrer weather, all driver assists stopped working. Too much snow and slush covering sensors. Sensor blocked error, clean sensor error. Again and again. Parking sensors also stopped working and front camera was a blank.

View attachment 10057
View attachment 10055
Beautiful setup! What model Thule roof box do you have on there? Looking at the Vector M.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts