Polestar Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
23 Posts
Went skiing at Copper today and drove the back way from Manitou Springs through South Park and then over Hoosier Pass. First time driving with the roof rack and the winter tires. It was extremely cold driving through South Park -22F.

A couple of weeks ago three of us drove the same route during warmer weather (10-20F) and with the skis inside the car and the factory all season tires. It took about 60% of the battery to get to Copper. Today with 5 people in the car (two adults, and three kids) with the colder temperatures, roof rack, and winter tires, it took 75% of the battery.

The P2 is amazing in the snow with winter tires. The roof rack is quite loud. I wish the glass was better insulated. It also fogs up like crazy with five people in really cold temps. I needed to run the max defroster the majority of the time. Otherwise the car performed beautifully.

Wheel Sky Tire Snow Vehicle

·
Registered
31 Posts
Went skiing at Copper today and drove the back way from Manitou Springs through South Park and then over Hoosier Pass. First time driving with the roof rack and the winter tires. It was extremely cold driving through South Park -22F.

A couple of weeks ago three of us drove the same route during warmer weather (10-20F) and with the skis inside the car and the factory all season tires. It took about 60% of the battery to get to Copper. Today with 5 people in the car (two adults, and three kids) with the colder temperatures, roof rack, and winter tires, it took 75% of the battery.

View attachment 10268
How many miles is that? We see temps like that in the mountains in the northeast occasionally - trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
23 Posts
How many miles is that? We see temps like that in the mountains in the northeast occasionally - trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's 125 miles one way but a lot of elevation gain. The start is 6200ft and the finish is 9700ft plus several mountain passes along the way. The roads were snow covered in several areas as well. On the way back home I only used about 45% of the battery.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The skiing is good. Pretty typical for this time of year. The snow over the past two weeks has made a huge difference.
Looks great! Hoping to take ours up to Breck or Keystone later this week. Which winter tires are you running? Hoping to get some Pirelli's put on at McDonald tomorrow.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Looks great! Hoping to take ours up to Breck or Keystone later this week. Which winter tires are you running? Hoping to get some Pirelli's put on at McDonald tomorrow.
FWIW I have the Michelin X-Ice on mine, and love them. But I've been an X-Ice fanboy for years...

·
Registered
2021 Swedish Blue/Leather/Tow/19"
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Beautiful setup! What model Thule roof box do you have on there? Looking at the Vector M.
Mine is a Vector M. The two tone one, there is an all black one as well, but I liked the 2 tone.
Wife says takes away from the car, but I figure, thats good for the time I use it, then the car can shine the warm months... :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m not sure if any of you are headed up to Summit County for the long weekend, but I wanted to share that the Frisco EA chargers are still down. It’s absolutely wild that there’s only the one set of non-Tesla chargers servicing such a heavily visited area.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I’m not sure if any of you are headed up to Summit County for the long weekend, but I wanted to share that the Frisco EA chargers are still down. It’s absolutely wild that there’s only the one set of non-Tesla chargers servicing such a heavily visited area.
Thanks for the heads-up. I thought there were also ChargePoint chargers there as well. No?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I’m not aware of any. They don’t show up on PlugShare or Chargepoint. Are there new ones?
Looks like the EA chargers are in the same spot that the CP chargers used to be. So maybe EA took over this location.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Chargepoint is in the Whole Foods parking lot in Frisco. They are very small and barely marked and the snow banks come up to the bottom of the charger. It’s only 5KW, so it took me 5.5 hours to get to %35, last Saturday during a snow squall Haahaa. Just got a text this morning from EA that they are working now @ Walmart Frisco.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Prospective owner that is glad to see CO owners of this rare vehicle. When you've never seen one on the road, it feels a bit risky to take the plunge!

Live in Colorado Springs and will do a test drive on Saturday. The P* seems to lease well, as a similarly configured XC40 Recharge Ultimate had 20% higher rates.

Sure wish I could service the vehicle at a local Volvo dealer (McDonald's Volvo is 60 miles from me), but could decide the pros of Polestar outweighs the cons!

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
23 Posts
There are two ChargePoint 62.5kW chargers in FairPlay. I used those two weeks ago. Doesn't help if you are driving between Frisco and Denver, unless you go the back route. It's perfect if coming from Colorado Springs.

PlugShare shows 4 new ChargePoint stations coming soon in Georgetown.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Prospective owner that is glad to see CO owners of this rare vehicle. When you've never seen one on the road, it feels a bit risky to take the plunge!

Live in Colorado Springs and will do a test drive on Saturday. The P* seems to lease well, as a similarly configured XC40 Recharge Ultimate had 20% higher rates.

Sure wish I could service the vehicle at a local Volvo dealer (McDonald's Volvo is 60 miles from me), but could decide the pros of Polestar outweighs the cons!
I'm in Fort Collins, so about the same distance to the Denver space. Servicing hasn't been too difficult, but it is a pain to have to have it trucked to Denver...definitely not a deal breaker for me tho. That said I do hope that they open servicing up to all Volvo service points like our European friends. Hope you enjoy your test drive!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
Just got my P*2 last week. I am in Lafayette. First thing I did was check out the local EA charger at walmart and ironically saw a perfect twin of the new polestar charging up. So far just has been trips around town but looking forward to longer journeys

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are two ChargePoint 62.5kW chargers in FairPlay. I used those two weeks ago. Doesn't help if you are driving between Frisco and Denver, unless you go the back route. It's perfect if coming from Colorado Springs.

PlugShare shows 4 new ChargePoint stations coming soon in Georgetown.
I saw those Georgetown Chargepoints coming soon! That’s good placement. Update on the Frisco chargers, it looks like they’re online again and someone charged an ID.4 there. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in Fort Collins, so about the same distance to the Denver space. Servicing hasn't been too difficult, but it is a pain to have to have it trucked to Denver...definitely not a deal breaker for me tho. That said I do hope that they open servicing up to all Volvo service points like our European friends. Hope you enjoy your test drive!
I didn't realize that the car is trucked to the service center (even if it isn't disabled). What types of issues did your P* have?

101 - 120 of 129 Posts