Polestar Forum banner
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I didn't realize that the car is trucked to the service center (even if it isn't disabled). What types of issues did your P* have?
Well that is an option (up to 150 miles from service center I believe). If you want to drive it to Denver and wait, that is also an option...no guarantee that you'll get a loaner tho.

My car had connection issues when I took delivery, which resulted in them holding the car for a couple of weeks and replacing the TCAM module before I had it in hand. 2 follow up trips back to the shop for related issues, but ended up getting things worked out in the end. They held on to my car for a couple of weeks each time, but I wouldn't expect general service to take more than a hour or two.

With all that said, I wouldn't let the distance to the service center be a major decision point, the car is well worth a little bit of headache if/when service is needed (again, my opinion).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. Looking forward to driving it tomorrow.
Of course! We'll actually be in Denver tomorrow, maybe you'll see us driving around 😂

Enjoy the test!

·
Registered
22 P2 Pilot/Perf Thunder
12 Posts
I've started seeing a few between Longmont and Louisville (I'm in Erie). Mine should be pretty easy to spot. Should be the only Thunder Performance without plus for now in the area. Running X-Ice on mine. Home charger install finishes today so won't be at the EA chargers nearly as much. Got the ceramic coating last week since this won't be a garage queen.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks nice! I wanted to get my ceramic coated when I got it, but couldn't make the time. I hope to do it this summer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined the forum and placed our order for a P2 (void / Plus / Pilot)!

We’re in SE Aurora and very excited to join the club! We already have a Model Y but wanted to dip our toes into non-Tesla waters as well. Any tips/tricks for the first couple weeks of ownership?

Glad to be here

·
Registered
2021 Swedish Blue/Leather/Tow/19"
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Confirm frisco walmart ea is running. I am here. Xc40 recharge and a kona all running.

new homewood suites in dillon a CP buy llbby entrance.Was not online yesterday, manager said will be online this afternoon. The property is awesome by the way. Not the usual crummy business homewood suites.

the fast charging CP in the area is in Vail in the lionshead parking structure. The free short term parking area. If you oull a ticket you are in the wrong place.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Just joined the forum and placed our order for a P2 (void / Plus / Pilot)!

We’re in SE Aurora and very excited to join the club! We already have a Model Y but wanted to dip our toes into non-Tesla waters as well. Any tips/tricks for the first couple weeks of ownership?

Glad to be here
Drive and enjoy!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Hey CO peeps.
Finally got my physical plates.
The go carbon neutral plate goes really well with Midnight. I didnt plan it that way, but it is nearly a perfect match ;)

Just FYI, if you havent received your “title complete notice” in the. denver area. They often forget to click one check box at DMV causing it to never get processed. Online check will keep saying in process. Call DMV to check if it is ready or just go there. I bough early Aug, showed up at DMV in mid-december, and they said been ready for a few months, but someone new didnt check the complete box. Paid and rags arrived about 3-4wks after.
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
22 P2 Pilot/Perf Thunder
12 Posts
Did my first successful mountain trip today for some snowboarding (Erie to Copper)
. Currently running Michelin X-Ice XL on performance pack wheels and temp was always set to 70f in standard mode.

Started out the trip at 100% and preconditioned battery. GM estimated 38% at arrival and actual was 37% so not a bad estimate. Trip was 97.4 miles, temp average of 23f, elevation change of around 5000ft. Came out to 49.1KWH/100miles.

Got to EA charger with 30% on the way home. Got 43% in 30 minutes. Way home averaged 29KWH/100miles. Not a bad day for testing it out.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Sky Cloud Snow Mountain Slope
Automotive design Gadget Font Communication Device Display device

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Wow, that was some slow EA charging - did you navigate to it so it would pre-heat the battery? Glad you had a successful test and a fun trip! :)

·
Registered
22 P2 Pilot/Perf Thunder
12 Posts
Wow, that was some slow EA charging - did you navigate to it so it would pre-heat the battery? Glad you had a successful test and a fun trip! :)
I did preheat, but only 6-7 miles worth. Rate was fine for what I needed thankfully. And to be clear it was an additional 43%.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I did preheat, but only 6-7 miles worth. Rate was fine for what I needed thankfully. And to be clear it was an additional 43%.
Aha, got it. I think I mentally inserted a "to" in there when I read it. Thanks for the clarification!

·
Registered
22 Posts
We took our first overnight trip to the mountains. Wheat Ridge to Devil’s Thumb Ranch (74 miles) took us down from 100% to 54% percent, usage that showed up as 46 kwhr/100miles. They had free Level 2 charging there, so we took it back up to 85%. On the way home we went from 85% down to 53% or 31 kwhr/100 miles. The road was pretty icy and snowy for good sections, so I was pleased with the consumption. Plus we had a roofbox, and temps were below freezing. I’m encouraged!

Attachments

121 - 134 of 134 Posts