Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we’ve all had differing issues with comms leading to differing threads on this.

As with others my WiFi has been off, then on and now is completely messed up again even after work at the garage to fix.

I have not had 4G for days now and have the hollow triangle that others have got. Even though this triangle completely disappeared today!

After leaving the car for a couple of days following a proper shutdown, I now have the following:

• no 4G at all (tried all to get it back)
  • no WiFi - same as others
  • no SOS illumination or function it seems
  • no Connect illumination or function at all

Cannot help but think are all linked in some way to the same software controllers. It seems they have started to fail one by one and I wonder what’s next?

I am not going to piss about disconnecting the battery which appears to be the Cyril-Alt-Del for this car. Think I’m going to demand it goes in and gets all of this sorted, probably by new software update.

They haven’t fixed my steering wheel alignment anyway which has been off since day 1.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Definitely time for it to go in. It does sound like others have had definite replacements of some modules so maybe this can be done to yours too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
People have also reported needing to have the rechargeable battery in the comms module charged up - it has it's own battery so that it works in the event of a crash/total power failure and some people with 4G issues needed theirs recharging.

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
WiFi is software. I'm certain of that. My WiFi was 100% reliable until the last software update and hasn't worked since. It never once didn't work before the update and hasn't worked since. They knackered that for sure.

The rest of it, not so sure - I still think a lot of it is external to the car. Mine stopped working again the other week and I was in dialogue with CS. Then one morning it came back on. I e-mailed CS to let them know and they replied back straight away with a message saying they were about to e-mail me because they'd heard from their technical folks that it should start working now.

I still think they're mucking around with the back end stuff.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I know we’ve all had differing issues with comms leading to differing threads on this.

As with others my WiFi has been off, then on and now is completely messed up again even after work at the garage to fix.

I have not had 4G for days now and have the hollow triangle that others have got. Even though this triangle completely disappeared today!

After leaving the car for a couple of days following a proper shutdown, I now have the following:

• no 4G at all (tried all to get it back)
  • no WiFi - same as others
  • no SOS illumination or function it seems
  • no Connect illumination or function at all

Cannot help but think are all linked in some way to the same software controllers. It seems they have started to fail one by one and I wonder what’s next?

I am not going to piss about disconnecting the battery which appears to be the Cyril-Alt-Del for this car. Think I’m going to demand it goes in and gets all of this sorted, probably by new software update.

They haven’t fixed my steering wheel alignment anyway which has been off since day 1.
Exactly the same as mine as all the above things are connected with the same module.
It is software and needs the battery disconnecting overnight for complete discharge of the smaller battery.
Definitely needs to go in to be sorted. If your local dealer doesn't know tell him to talk to Gareth at Marshall Volvo Leeds who did mine. In fact if you are anywhere near book it in there as they have done it before! ;)
Latest update has sorted everything + more including the manual.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So please can someone explain this?

I drive to work today which was a good opportunity to drive the car...and yes I’m allowed to do this.

Leave car for day to return around 6pm. Magically with no intervention from me 4G back up and working. In addition WiFi fully working via hotspot and also connecting to home when I get back. Overhead illumination on SOS button but not on Connect....so intermittent, so buggy!!!

Still going in on a while you wait tomorrow to see if an update possible.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well car has been in on a while you wait appointment.

• CV boots done after asking MT
  • software updated and no issues connecting to car which I thought would be an issue.

Others have already indicated the differences but all the things that were intermittently working are now back on. Too early to say if all rectified but have certainly noticed the range reading difference on the dash. Will need to run for a few days now to understand what the ‘extra range’ actually is.

so far so good though and I’ve now got the foam insert for the jack...finally.

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Thanks! When did you or your dealer order the foam insert? Supposedly mine's been on order since 19th December...

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! When did you or your dealer order the foam insert? Supposedly mine's been on order since 19th December...
Rich, I think about the same timeframe and know it was coming from Sweden. I would suggest it should be there by now! Looks great now finally installed.

Not tempting fate here but I’ve got far less things to moan about now!

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
I know. How dare they sort things out, bit by bit :)

Thanks, I'll give them a prod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts