Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the Polestar shares a lot parts with Volvo, it will be fun to see which parts can we use on our cars.
I owned a VW Passat ages ago and had fun customizing my car by swapping parts from Audis and Porsches (which also shares a lot of parts). I like that it’s subtly different while still looking factory OEM.

So far, I learned that the aluminum pedals from the XC40 (and aftermarket versions) fits our P2s.
Also, the interior grab handle above the door could be replaced with a sunglass holder from the 2009-2021 XC60 (P/N: 31403479). It’s not very big so wraparound sunglasses and oversized designer sunglasses won’t fit, but could be used to store small items.
I already bought the pedals from eBay and will order the sunglass holder from my local Volvo dealership.

Anyone else know of other Volvo parts that we can use?

·
Registered
770 Posts
So far, I learned that the aluminum pedals from the XC40 (and aftermarket versions) fits our P2s.
Also, the interior grab handle above the door could be replaced with a sunglass holder from the 2009-2021 XC60 (P/N: 31403479). It’s not very big so wraparound sunglasses and oversized designer sunglasses won’t fit, but could be used to store small items.
I have already installed the sunglass holder in my Polestar. Note that the Volvo part is not a perfect fit for the Polestar in the sense that Volvo part is intended to go into a deeper recessed hole in the roof, whereas the hole in the Polestar roof is very shallow. However, it works just fine and you can't really tell the difference once it is installed. And yes, the holder is very shallow itself and does not close fully with my normal-sized sunglasses in it. But I like it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have already installed the sunglass holder in my Polestar. Note that the Volvo part is not a perfect fit for the Polestar in the sense that Volvo part is intended to go into a deeper recessed hole in the roof, whereas the hole in the Polestar roof is very shallow. However, it works just fine and you can't really tell the difference once it is installed. And yes, the holder is very shallow itself and does not close fully with my normal-sized sunglasses in it. But I like it!
Any chance for a picture?

·
Registered
770 Posts
BTW the flash made the charcoal interior like much lighter than the charcoal sunglass holder. In reality, they are fairly close in color. If anyone is interested I can try to take a picture in daylight.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I want mudflaps. 🙁

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I kept my cargo net from my Mercedes. I don’t remember seeing any tie downs in the trunk to secure it to, but I will see if it fits.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I kept my cargo net from my Mercedes. I don’t remember seeing any tie downs in the trunk to secure it to, but I will see if it fits.
There are two polished steel die downs at the front corners and two body paint coloured tie downs at the rear corners of the boot/trunk

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
167 Posts
The above part is now available in UK from a Volvo main dealer for £9.95 + £4.49 postage & packing per item via the following link :
N.B I have no relationship to this seller, but have purchased 2 x off for my P*2 and the service was excellent

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Looks good - does it actually fit properly as I'd heard that the holes don't go deep enough in the Polestar?

Terrible ebay listing though. The English looks like it's been written by a dyslexic 5 year old! A dealer should at least take some pride in their listings...

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
167 Posts
Like the XC40 Sports Pedals, already sourced, I shall advise once the elusive P*2 arrives ! 😉

According to the earlier advice, it may be possible to remove the “tangs” protecting the mounting points and make it fit more snugly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts