Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I'm on again to shout about the fact I'm that TINY bit further along in the process. Vehicle has arrived in Volvo Glasgow! However delivery is scheduled for a week on Friday!!! Oh how I wish we could just collect them lol. Truly like a child in a sweet shop with their parents credit card.

So my question...

Has anyone attempted to wrap the piano black yet? It's literally the main thing that's bothering me about the car and I'm trying to weigh up the difficulty (expected to be high) as to whether I should attempt myself or pay someone.

·
Registered
207 Posts
there is a thread on it - I would call it "for the brave" but
Any practical solution for scratches on piano-black gloss panel around the gear selector?

Reactions: Jeff_in_SF

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
There are about 5 threads on it - the search bar at the top is pretty good for finding things like that (no sarcasm intended as the search box is a bit hidden!):

Lots of useful info in various threads :).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, if you could figure out what is required to break it, and then report back to the rest of us so we'll know not what to do, it would be awesome. ;)

I'm definitely a little scared.
I'll 100% do that.
Sat up last night and ordered the vinyl so will see how long before the smudgey scratchfest takes to be pulled off. Honestly don't understand why car companies think it's a viable material.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'll 100% do that.
Sat up last night and ordered the vinyl so will see how long before the smudgey scratchfest takes to be pulled off. Honestly don't understand why car companies think it's a viable material.
It doesn't take too long to remove. The main thing is to start with the clips at the highest point (i.e. where the piano black meets the rubbery bit for the wireless charger). Once you get those out, the others come fairly easily. Removing the USB-C charge ports is a bit tricky - need some good poking tools to release the latches. Seems to be easier to remove the whole block rather than to try and disconnect the cable.

Reactions: Macbrief

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It doesn't take too long to remove. The main thing is to start with the clips at the highest point (i.e. where the piano black meets the rubbery bit for the wireless charger). Once you get those out, the others come fairly easily. Removing the USB-C charge ports is a bit tricky - need some good poking tools to release the latches. Seems to be easier to remove the whole block rather than to try and disconnect the cable.
Absolutely fantastic thank you. Does the block just unscrew?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Absolutely fantastic thank you. Does the block just unscrew?
No, it's held on by little black plastic retention clips either side of the block:

Just need a small screwdriver or something to release each side by gentling lifting the plastic away from the block.

Once you've got that off, you can unclip the cable for the volume knob assembly and it comes free from the car. The volume knob assembly is screwed into the plastic. You can also easily unclip the rubbery bit once it's out.

Reactions: Macbrief

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, it's held on by little black plastic retention clips either side of the block:
View attachment 2169

Just need a small screwdriver or something to release each side by gentling lifting the plastic away from the block.

Once you've got that off, you can unclip the cable for the volume knob assembly and it comes free from the car. The volume knob assembly is screwed into the plastic. You can also easily unclip the rubbery bit once it's out.
That seems pretty simple then. Really appreciate your help. Thought getting this prepared would help with my impatience but seems to only be making me worse haha.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
I didn’t touch the USB charging module at all. Disconnected the green plug for volume control only. As @misterspam says when you pull on each side from the top end it does seem to come away. I have posted pics elsewhere but have the whole series of my job on this. You just need to separate the charging pad via clips and then it comes away. As I’ve stated elsewhere you need a T20 torx driver to remove the unit from the plastic piece. You can then wrap away.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it's here! What a car.

But nothing I do will get the connectivity working. Feel the car is SUPER hamstrung without it. I've been through as many threads as I can and none of the fixes work. Anyone got any fresh tricks?

·
Registered
260 Posts
So it's here! What a car.
But nothing I do will get the connectivity working. Feel the car is SUPER hamstrung without it. I've been through as many threads as I can and none of the fixes work. Anyone got any fresh tricks?
Great, you've got it, congratulations! But you do know, without pics it didn't happen ;) By the time you've taken the pics, your car will have linked up with the interweb and started talking to Google, for sure.👍

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
These cars seem to have a delicate nature. Like a new house cat, they need some time to explore their surroundings, settle, decide whether or not they like their new world and whether or not they're going to accept you as their new owner.

Scrap that analogy... I'm a dog person and don't like to think about the cars as cats.

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
This may sound silly, but do you have reasonable mobile reception where the car is, as that will hamper it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This may sound silly, but do you have reasonable mobile reception where the car is, as that will hamper it?
Not silly at all, it has full signal.
The guy who dropped the car off said its a network wide issue and will be rectified but I would've thought this forum would've been littered with threads if this were the case.

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
Certainly there were network issues a few weeks back but most people's came back on again a day or two later, so generally network access should be fine by now...

Congratulations on getting the car by the way :)

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
I agree with the logic and with @rgledhill here. The only time I get the connection issue is when I first get in the car. The module seems to go to sleep and then wake up. This maybe a setting I’ve got on but overall no bad experiences with connection issues.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I know I advocated for cessation of delivery pictures. BUT, I don't understand why you are all giving him assistance, clearly he doesn't have the car or else he would have already supplied the goods. 😁

@Macbrief Pics or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
866 Posts
they need some time to explore their surroundings, settle, decide whether or not they like their new world and whether or not they're going to accept you as their new owner.
The feeling of rejection and loss just keeps building and building... thanks Prof!:cry:
Think i'm going to hand in my resignation..... this site is doing a 'Hotel California' on me!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts