Polestar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firstly I know there are separate threads about each of these individually but bear with me.

Due to Xmas and self isolation car has not moved and was sat in freezing temps and not connected to the home charger. Experts and gurus on here will have an opinion but the car appeared to go into a low power mode.

The reason I say the above is that went out today to thaw the car as I needed to take a COVID test. I tried to set a scheduled pre-conditioning but no matter how many times I tried the time and day would not store. In the end I resorted to a manual pre-condition early this morning and plugged in.

About an hour later I went back and was then able to set a scheduled departure time before I needed to set off....did the car need to ‘turn on’ properly and also connect to make this work?

Whilst at the test centre I was playing was the WiFi and noticed that the service centre SSID’s had gone and I could now connect my phone as a hotspot. This has not worked since the Nov 1st update done at Volvo.

Lastly and one for @rgledhill, the connect button is once again illuminated as was intended.

So the above seem to be linked to the power state of the car and very much aligned to @stevelup’s post about battery disconnect and WiFi. How long this lasts remains to be seen but some progress at least.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
That’s almost exactly how I found my 4G and WiFi working again after the Nov 1 update, down to not driving it a while only to leave for a covid test.

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
The car does indeed go into a very deep sleep after a certain number of days and some stuff does get powered down completely - not sure exactly what the criteria is. But it looks like that deep sleep state is enough to reset everything.

You can spot this has happened because the infotainment screen briefly shows the word Polestar whilst booting up. It doesn't do this if it has just woken from sleep.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly @stevelup, this is the behaviour I observed. I just wonder how long this takes. From usual work pattern 24hrs isn’t enough so perhaps it’s 48hrs plus. Going to check that all still works later now that’s it’s sat back in the car port for most of the day.

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
I think it'll be a really extended time - many days. My last couple of cars did this - the only ever time I saw it was when picking the car up from extended parking at an airport or similar!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Interesting indeed! Mine will probably go a few days without being used now (Zoe is sitting at 100% charge since yesterday so we ought to use that one for a day or two now). The 4G was working this morning, and then stopped working after the car had been parked for about 15 minutes. CONNECT light is still off. I shall leave it for a couple of days then and see if things come back to life again...

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Magnesium, Slate WeaveTech, 19", no PP, Tow bar. Pickup end of December.
32 Posts
The car does indeed go into a very deep sleep after a certain number of days and some stuff does get powered down completely - not sure exactly what the criteria is. But it looks like that deep sleep state is enough to reset everything.
In the Volvo On Call app you can see an orange bar at the top when the car is in a deep sleep. You can't send anything in that state. I think it starts after 4 days. If I drive on Sunday and want to pre-schedule on Friday it's in a deep sleep. Probably similar with Polestar. I assume the upcoming app will show this too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think it'll be a really extended time - many days. My last couple of cars did this - the only ever time I saw it was when picking the car up from extended parking at an airport or similar!
My car “rebooted” on entry today. Three days without being driven, 48 hours unplugged. I plugged it in to start preconditioning the cabin, the charging status went red with a re-connect warning whilst it rebooted then all was good.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Volvo’s go in deep sleep if not used for some day. In those cases the app to remote start or unlock the car does not work and the app does report the car is in deep sleep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts