Polestar Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
and in addition to not causing injuries to their customers, lowering their brew/storage temp likely improved the taste of their coffee!

really there was no rationale reason for McDonald’s to keep their coffee that hot. It was dumb on all accounts. And while unfortunate it took litigation to make them not be as dumb, glad they did it, though it just enforces the meme that the only way to get people to do right in the US involves lawyers.

but really @JMP2 - any progress for you?
Interesting discussion about coffee - but no progress yet. I make my own coffee. I complained to CS last week by email. Got a note back that they are sorry, this is not what should be expected from roadside assistance and telling me they are investigating internally what happened and will get back to me... Will post the outcome here when it eventually comes.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Interesting discussion about coffee - but no progress yet. I make my own coffee. I complained to CS last week by email. Got a note back that they are sorry, this is not what should be expected from roadside assistance and telling me they are investigating internally what happened and will get back to me... Will post the outcome here when it eventually comes.
You need to at least fain indignation and how your poor wife, a women on the road all by herself, was left without support from PS and subject to the wilds of....whatever. Make it sound good!

·
Registered
92 Posts
So if you are on a road trip more than 25KM away from a space, they will not cover????
Definitely needs to be clarified and escalated.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So if you are on a road trip more than 25KM away from a space, they will not cover????
Definitely needs to be clarified and escalated.
It should have been as simple as sending a road assistance subcontractor take off the tire. They should get it fixed somewhere (owner should pay the actual tire repair cost since tires themselves are not covered) , they should pay for a taxi or actually bring you home and deliver your car back when fixed or give you a replacement car in the meanwhile. It’s just a (repairable) flat tire in a metropolitan city... how can it be that difficult ? That’s the definition of road side assistance and that gets just bluntly refused.
Very contrary to what is being marketed.
I think an untrained Connect call centre employee is likely to blame, but it’s not correct and I still have gotten no response.
My wife is already going ‘ why did we buy this car? I thought this is supposed to be all included ???’

·
Registered
33 Posts
It is not as if a flat tire is not mentioned as one situation in which Polestar will arrange complimentary road side assistance ...

From the US Polestar page (April 6th, 2021)

·
Registered
717 Posts
It is not as if a flat tire is not mentioned as one situation in which Polestar will arrange complimentary road side assistance ...

View attachment 4782

From the US Polestar page (April 6th, 2021)
Same language is on the Canadian site too.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Update : CS (Mike) called back and was very apologetic. He analyzed one of the two call recordings my wife had with Connect (couldn't trace the second one) and insisted that the only thing road side assistance can do is put the car on a flat bed truck and bring it to the nearest Polestar service centre. For the province of British Columbia (Vancouver, 2.6M people) that service centre is a Volvo dealer on Vancouver Island, in Victoria (390 K people). It so happens to be that the trip from Vancouver to Victoria involves taking a 1.5 hour ferry ride. Total travel time one way is about 4 hours.
Summary: Polestar's definition of road side assistance for a repairable flat tire is to pick up the car, put it on a flat bed, put the truck on a ferry and bring it 4 hours away (practically a day away). Then get the tire repaired there and reverse the whole process. That would have taken 3 days at least of missing the car, and not a word about a replacement car or taxi reimbursement !
Not one comment about why the service centre in Victoria (Volvo) (that was the 3rd call my wife made after being given the number by Connect) said that flat tires were not covered. All of that when every corner of the street in Vancouver has a tire centre :mad:.
I argued they should have some contract with a local road side assistance provider that simply comes and fix the flat (customer pays, I have no problem with paying for the actual tire repair itself) and that the root cause was a non trained Connect employee. Finally Mike agreed that that made sense and he would look into improving training and road side assistance service. He suggested to pay me back the $43 dollar for the repair of the tire.
I honestly don't care at all about the $43 and remain very upset. This is not road side assistance, it's utter misrepresentation of the type of service/assistance you are supposed to get when you buy this expensive car. There's no spare tire, so you basically you don't have a choice.
The only solution they have for every problem (and I see that occurring a lot on issues that get reported here) is :"put it on a flatbed and we'll decide what to do later". This is not sustainable. It's just flat ridiculous to put a car on a flatbed for a flat tire. And having said that - that did eventually not even happen in my wife's case. She was left completely out on her own. She doesn't even know how to open the frunk, let alone how to pump a tire, but she managed to get help on the street and worked her own way out of the problem. However, a bit less luck and she would have driven the flat tire further trying to get to a tire centre that could help after being left stranded and that could have costed us a brand new (not available !) tire if the sidewall were have to be damaged.
Morale of the story: I'm buying tomorrow a membership of the British Columbia Automobile Club for Road Side Assistance so that my wife (or me) doesn't have to go through this anymore. I have no confidence Polestar can get their act together on this one.
This is leaving a very sour taste behind ! (n)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'd tell them to pay for the contract you need since they are incapable of providing the service in their contact.

And they absolutely owe you trip continuation expenses.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I'd tell them to pay for the contract you need since they are incapable of providing the service in their contact.

And they absolutely owe you trip continuation expenses.
Thanks for the appreciation - I should indeed argue that, but I'm just tired fighting with them on these things. It's becoming time they just grow up. I'll take care of things myself and will feel much happier knowing I will be taken care off properly anywhere in the US (when the border opens...) and Canada with a simple road side assistance program for $12.08 per month by a reputable provider !!! it's just not worth arguing over anymore. Would I buy this car I still like so much again - no, that's for sure. Would I recommend anybody buying this excellent and fun car ? No.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,081 Posts
Update : CS (Mike) called back and was very apologetic. He analyzed one of the two call recordings my wife had with Connect (couldn't trace the second one) and insisted that the only thing road side assistance can do is put the car on a flat bed truck and bring it to the nearest Polestar service centre. For the province of British Columbia (Vancouver, 2.6M people) that service centre is a Volvo dealer on Vancouver Island, in Victoria (390 K people). It so happens to be that the trip from Vancouver to Victoria involves taking a 1.5 hour ferry ride. Total travel time one way is about 4 hours.
Summary: Polestar's definition of road side assistance for a repairable flat tire is to pick up the car, put it on a flat bed, put the truck on a ferry and bring it 4 hours away (practically a day away). Then get the tire repaired there and reverse the whole process. That would have taken 3 days at least of missing the car, and not a word about a replacement car or taxi reimbursement !
Not one comment about why the service centre in Victoria (Volvo) (that was the 3rd call my wife made after being given the number by Connect) said that flat tires were not covered. All of that when every corner of the street in Vancouver has a tire centre :mad:.
I argued they should have some contract with a local road side assistance provider that simply comes and fix the flat (customer pays, I have no problem with paying for the actual tire repair itself) and that the root cause was a non trained Connect employee. Finally Mike agreed that that made sense and he would look into improving training and road side assistance service. He suggested to pay me back the $43 dollar for the repair of the tire.
I honestly don't care at all about the $43 and remain very upset. This is not road side assistance, it's utter misrepresentation of the type of service/assistance you are supposed to get when you buy this expensive car. There's no spare tire, so you basically you don't have a choice.
The only solution they have for every problem (and I see that occurring a lot on issues that get reported here) is :"put it on a flatbed and we'll decide what to do later". This is not sustainable. It's just flat ridiculous to put a car on a flatbed for a flat tire. And having said that - that did eventually not even happen in my wife's case. She was left completely out on her own. She doesn't even know how to open the frunk, let alone how to pump a tire, but she managed to get help on the street and worked her own way out of the problem. However, a bit less luck and she would have driven the flat tire further trying to get to a tire centre that could help after being left stranded and that could have costed us a brand new (not available !) tire if the sidewall were have to be damaged.
Morale of the story: I'm buying tomorrow a membership of the British Columbia Automobile Club for Road Side Assistance so that my wife (or me) doesn't have to go through this anymore. I have no confidence Polestar can get their act together on this one.
Completely Micking ridiculous.
I have roadside assistance through my insurance (geico) which I’ve taken advantage of once (2am in a downtown Baltimore garage after a long work shift.... not fun). Despite the late night time they found someone who came out fairly immediately and got me on my way. No reason Polestar couldn’t contract with a similar service to make that happen.
Btw I also found out that the sketchiest looking the tire guy the better, at least around dc/Baltimore

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Completely Micking ridiculous.
I have roadside assistance through my insurance (geico) which I’ve taken advantage of once (2am in a downtown Baltimore garage after a long work shift.... not fun). Despite the late night time they found someone who came out fairly immediately and got me on my way. No reason Polestar couldn’t contract with a similar service to make that happen.
Btw I also found out that the sketchiest looking the tire guy the better, at least around dc/Baltimore
It's indeed that sketchiest looking tire guy my wife eventually found on her own that got her on her way again for 43 bucks in only 2 hours...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I have roadside assistance through my insurance (geico) which I’ve taken advantage of once (2am in a downtown Baltimore garage after a long work shift.... not fun).
UMMC or Hopkins? Of course neither are in great areas.

I don't think we have non-sketchy ones around here 😆

·
Registered
717 Posts
My last car had similar service, roadside would tow you to the nearest service center, so it's not purely a Polestar thing. In some respects, it makes sense. They can't control the quality of corner store wheel and tire guy and sometimes a patch won't fix the tire. Plus there could be other damage the driver might not be aware of. But if they are offering a tow service, the contract should say it's a tow service.

I used roadside once with my last car. I hit a pothole that blew out two tires and was worried rims and/or suspension bits were bent... got lucky, just $770 in tires.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,081 Posts
UMMC or Hopkins? Of course neither are in great areas.
Hopkins. Irony was the tire in question had just been repaired by the dealer I got the car from. They clearly screwed it up. Later on got it done properly by Mac’s tire service in DC. Doesn’t look great necessarily from the outside but they know what they’re doing

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hopkins. Irony was the tire in question had just been repaired by the dealer I got the car from. They clearly screwed it up. Later on got it done properly by Mac’s tire service in DC. Doesn’t look great necessarily from the outside but they know what they’re doing
The area around Hopkins main campus is beginning to gentrify a little, but just this week there were a bunch of teens doing late night home break-ins nearby :rolleyes:

41 - 57 of 57 Posts