Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What consumption does the car display for you? Driving gently around town mine shows 47 kW / 100 miles. Surely that can't be correct? If i give it the beans it appears to be less than that. What are others getting?

I plan to do a longer run and pay closer attention.

Is this reality (100% charge = 150 miles) or the softwate being rubbish...?

·
Registered
694 Posts
47kw / 100km is insane ... you should not be getting anything like that. 18-26 is the range you'd be looking for.

I suggest some normal driving around town on the motorway ... and see if that calms down the GOM.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sounds like very short trips with the heating going to warm up the cabin. Even on the hyper-economical Kona I get 2.5-3mi/kWh for the first 5 minutes or so, then once the cabin is warm, it rises quickly.

Reactions: Lambo

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've just seen elsewhere that apparently the Polestar 2 doesn't have a heat pump for heating/cooling the cabin!? If this is true, you will see dismal economy for the first 5-10 minutes in cold weather and a sizeable impact when driving in cold weather. Can't believe that's something else my Kona has that the Polestar doesn't (such as heads-up display, vented/cooled seats, all features present and working, ...)

Still can't wait for my Polestar though :).

·
Registered
131 Posts
I’m averaging 30kWh/100 miles (I hate the kWh/whatever metric), I tend not to exceed 65mph for cruising. Short runs will certainly push it up, more so when the weather gets colder unless you precondition whilst plugged in. As @GDank suggests, try some longer journeys.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I’m at around 34-35kWh/100 miles around town. I think it’s a shame the WLTP doesn’t require manufacturers to advertise urban and highway figures separately. I think the P2 range is closer to 200 miles at 70mph

·
Registered
694 Posts
I’m at around 34-35kWh/100 miles around town. I think it’s a shame the WLTP doesn’t require manufacturers to advertise urban and highway figures separately. I think the P2 range is closer to 200 miles at 70mph
This is about right compared to other reviews / tests. ... it's more like 370wh/mi at 70mph.

However 340-350wh/mi around town sounds a little high - I would expect more like closer to 310wh/mil.

·
Registered
199 Posts
About 3.2 mile per kWh so far for me. Mind you, I am spending hours just sitting in it trying to negotiate with Google and Android to get stuff working.!
I assume you've tried resetting the system (press Home button at the bottom for 20s)?

Reactions: toscal353

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is about right compared to other reviews / tests. ... it's more like 370wh/mi at 70mph.

However 340-350wh/mi around town sounds a little high - I would expect more like closer to 310wh/mil.
Where I live is quite hilly so I’d expect a bit higher really

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yep, minus about 30% conversion losses for both directions...!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So today we took a run out to the coast, about 35 miles in total. I turned off the one pedal driving and let the car coast. Consumption settled to around 38 KWh / 100 miles - driving very steadily. It felt like it would be more efficient coasting than having the car constantly regen'ing and accelerating. Still seems like a pretty high consumption considering it was about 14 deg C and dry. Battery dropped from 90% to 70% which would suggest a total range from 100% to 0% of only around 170 miles. That is way less than I was anticipating and really disappointing if true.

It seemed like the first 6% of indicated charge went almost immediately . I know it is early days but I think I might call Polestar and get their thoughts. I am not expecting to get the 292 miles WLTP range but had hoped to get more like 220 miles range.

I will an eye on it and see how it develops.

·
Registered
694 Posts
You guys have the PPack or not?

Bjorn just went on a massive tour to the north (with PPack), in head winds, rain, 1-6deg temp, and massive elevation rise - like 2km up.

His high was 35/36 kw/100k .... where his total average there was 24 ... so ...

386 wh/mi - 24 kw/100km
Range : 180 miles / 290km

However, he returned today down in the dry, still 5deg, and small tail wind and he got lows of 15 ... not completed the tris as of now, so don't know total consumption on the return.

If you are getting 38 kw/100km then something isn't right. Bjorn did point out that the PPack seems to have a slightly more less efficient range than the base model with 19" wheels.

At normal motor way speeds at 20deg ... on flat terrain with no head/tail winds you should be bet getting 22/23 kw/100km

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am using 38 kw/100 miles based on milage and %battery drop (assuming 100% is 78kw and they don't hold some of it back).

This is consistent with the long term use it reports but when I did the instant (60 seconds) feedback it was suggesting high use, about 50 kw/100 miles, when I was driving at 30. That didn't feel consistent in with the actual numbers.

My route constantly changes speed limits between 60 and 30 and I am not being restrained when I go into the national speed limits (but sticking to the limit obviously) so I don't think I am doing too badly out of it.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts