Polestar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have been collecting my own trip data since I received my car back in September. The data set is starting to build and we can start analysing efficiency based on a number of different variables. The more data we have in the data set, the more accurate the analysis will be and hopefully this data will be interesting to some of you.

I have created a form for you to submit your trip data. On this form the only required fields are:
  • date
  • unit of measure (are your numbers in miles or kms)
  • Distance
  • Average Speed
  • kWh/100mi or kWh/100km

All other fields are optional.

If you wish to fill in your name or alias then I am hoping in future to provide a way of checking your own numbers that you have logged previously - just use the same name / alias every time you submit a trip.

I started off with 25 entries and in the last day we have already doubled the number of trips in the data set but I am hoping that we can get this number into the thousands!

The way I record the trip is to take a photo of the trip meter at the end of the trip. I usually use the temperature shown at the end of the trip also (want to keep it simple!) You can also record the battery start and end percentage for each trip (optional) and from this I will calculate the range.

In our reports we will show all the numbers in mile and kms.

If you have any questions or need additional information please let me know either on here or on Facebook - Polestar Driver.

If you are interested in getting involved by submitting your trips please visit https://polestardriver.com/

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice site. Would be good to track PP and 20" wheels separate from 19" as you don't want my bad efficiency dragging down your stats 馃榿
Thanks for the suggestion. I have added wheel size to the form as 19 or 20 inch selection. There are no other sizes available as far as I am aware but if there are I can add more options. Is there anything else in the performance pack that can affect the numbers? I don't think so but I am a non-PP so just checking

In the last 24 hours I have added the following details to the form:
  • Wheel Size
  • Software Version

Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
Is it possible to see the results without submitting trips? Simply because I'm not actually doing any trips at the moment :( but am very interested in seeing the results.

Registered
Is it possible to see the results without submitting trips? Simply because I'm not actually doing any trips at the moment :( but am very interested in seeing the results.
Exactly. There doesn't seem to be any way to actually view/search/filter the results...

(And I have zero interest in watching YouTube videos when I should be expecting to see tables/graphs of data?)

Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
I love reading, but writing book reports at school made me switch off from literature for a while. It takes the pleasure out of it for me.
I get a real kick driving my Polestar, but all this data stuff just drains me. You guys & gals knock yourself out. Have a blast. I'm with you in spirit (not really)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To start off I will generate a report on the first Sunday of each month and look into ways of increasing that frequency over time. Ultimately I would like a live dynamic page with the results but that will require some time to get my head around and hope that it not past my technical skills :)

Registered
Is there anything else in the performance pack that can affect the numbers? I don't think so but I am a non-PP so just checking

In the last 24 hours I have added the following details to the form:
  • Wheel Size
  • Software Version
The PP wheels are advertised as forged, non PP 20" are just alloys, and it looks like the tire spec is different. It's minor, but it would affect range if the non-PP 20" wheels are indeed just standard alloys.

Only other thing is the PP is a smidgen lower overall, like 6mm or something minuscule like that.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The PP wheels are advertised as forged, non PP 20" are just alloys, and it looks like the tire spec is different. It's minor, but it would affect range if the non-PP 20" wheels are indeed just standard alloys.

Only other thing is the PP is a smidgen lower overall, like 6mm or something minuscule like that.
Ok let me revise the wheel option to include PP option. Will be available from tomorrow on the form

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to those who have started contributing their trips. We are making good progress :)
Here is a sample of the information we will be able to show by month

Attachments

Registered
I love reading, but writing book reports at school made me switch off from literature for a while. It takes the pleasure out of it for me.
I get a real kick driving my Polestar, but all this data stuff just drains me. You guys & gals knock yourself out. Have a blast. I'm with you in spirit (not really)
With you on this, I love driving my P2 and while I have adapted my driving set-up for having an EV now - 18degC air temp with heated seats/steering wheel (cosy) and max regeneration - I get such a kick out of the performance of the car.

Its a dual-motor, 4 wheel drive 400bhp, 4.7sec 0-60 5 door family car after all 馃ぃ

My first car was a 998cc Mini, all 40bhp of it, top speed 83mph as long as you had the heater going full blast to take heat out of the cooling system...

At the time the Lamborghini Countach was impossibly quick at 5 secs to 60, and now my daily driver (lockdown allowing) would easily dust one away from the lights.

Maybe there's room for a new thread -Interesting performance cars surprised by a Polestar 2.

Registered
My first car was a 998cc Mini, all 40bhp of it, top speed 83mph as long as you had the heater going full blast to take heat out of the cooling system...
Mine too, and I could hit 84mph on the right downhill slope but you could hear the valves smashing against the rocker cover (well at least that is what it sounded like!!!)

Registered
Polestar 2 midnight 19" no PP
Great idea. I've contributed two trips from today - they are reciprocal but different routes out and back. Although based in the UK I run a curious setup in which speed is shown in mph but all distances are metric - this means that my trip data returns the trip distance in km and the consumption in kWh/100km, but the average speed is in mph. For the purpose of logging I converted the average speed to km/h and logged everything using metric units! I hope this doesn't screw your calculations up ...

One way it was dark, is it useful recording whether headlights were in use or not?

I wonder whether you should have some security added to the site to prevent pranksters, or worse, spamming it?

BTW. My first car was a Mazda RX2 (rotary engine): went like the clappers and drank petrol like there was no tomorrow. :D Huge fun to drive though.

Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
No need to worry about power consumption from any of the ancillaries, they pale into irrelevance compared to the motors (and initial battery heating)...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great idea. I've contributed two trips from today - they are reciprocal but different routes out and back. Although based in the UK I run a curious setup in which speed is shown in mph but all distances are metric - this means that my trip data returns the trip distance in km and the consumption in kWh/100km, but the average speed is in mph. For the purpose of logging I converted the average speed to km/h and logged everything using metric units! I hope this doesn't screw your calculations up
Thanks for your submissions dwb - posting in metric like you have done does not affect the numbers as each entry is converted to mi and km in the database. There is only one chart affected which is range by country and your numbers will appear on the km range chart.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A big thank you to everyone who has contributed their trip data. So far we have 59 trips from 13 contributors in 5 countries!

For our American friends I have added Temperature in Fahrenheit to the form so that you don't need to do a conversion.

Take a look at https://polestardriver.com/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts