Polestar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2, Non-PP, Snow
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long drive up to south Tahoe today and everything is going well until the message "Coolant system Service needed" message keeps popping up on the driver console after abt 3 hrs of driving. Kept dismissing it and kept coming back. I thought EVs didn't need coolants.

Anyone faced this issue?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Long drive up to south Tahoe today and everything is going well until the message "Coolant system Service needed" message keeps popping up on the driver console after abt 3 hrs of driving. Kept dismissing it and kept coming back. I thought EVs didn't need coolants.

Anyone faced this issue?
The coolant system is for both your AC and keeping the batteries cold if required.

There was 1 or 2 with a similar issue from memory. A quick trip to the service centre fixed it.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts

Anyone faced this issue?
What the last 5 of your VIN (using the pattern like min is 10XXX)?

For some of the cars that went through the early recall for the battery heater, if bubbles got into the coolant lines, they'd occasionally cause issues like perhaps yours. The remedy would be refilling the coolant lines to get rid of the air bubbles afaik. But if you have a later VIN then it's unlikely this is the exact issue.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
It is 065XX for me.
That's definitely in recall range - do you know if your car went through the battery heater hardware recall?
Either way when you take it in to have the errors checked out, have them check that the coolant lines are clear of air bubbles. As far as I know this isn't overly concerning - just throws an error when a bubble knocks against the sensor for the coolant level

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Emailed San Jose Polestar on Wednesday about this issue and so far nothing but crickets.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
Emailed San Jose Polestar on Wednesday about this issue and so far nothing but crickets.
call (408) 840-2009
Option 1 to sales will get you in touch with someone from the Space who can then set up the service call

yes it’s taken some trial and error but that’s the most direct way I know how to get through. After getting service call setup. Then can press option 2 to talk to Volvo Palo Alto service directly to follow up on what’s going on

if that doesn’t work call general customer support via the “connect” button or 1 (800) 806-2504

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2, PP, Thunder/Slate, Vin: 06XXX
11 Posts
That’s wild, did you have a point contact during the sale? I bought from LA and Luis was my rep, I had that issue a couple weeks ago, sent him a text Friday evening and Saturday afternoon he drove probably just under 150mis and brought me a loaner. He and his manager Reza went above and beyond and were super communicative, it’s been a great process working with them.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Never email the spaces. If you need support, email Polestar Support or call the space or Polestar. The spaces are still essentially dealerships and they are typically awful at email.

·
Registered
720 Posts
That’s wild, did you have a point contact during the sale? I bought from LA and Luis was my rep, I had that issue a couple weeks ago, sent him a text Friday evening and Saturday afternoon he drove probably just under 150mis and brought me a loaner. He and his manager Reza went above and beyond and were super communicative, it’s been a great process working with them.
Reza handled my transaction. Good dude, a little old school car salesman, but he's been awesome to work with.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
7 Posts
When did you receive yours? I've got a VIN that's very close to yours, got mine delivered yesterday from SJ/Marin, and had that error while driving today. Kinda disconcerting to see an error after only 24 hours, even if it is minor.

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
516 Posts
I had this warning come on after the Inverter recall was done. I think they introduced an air bubble and when I took it back in, the coolant just needed topping up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Volvo Palo Alto took the car in and after a day dropped it off saying they couldn't find any issue with the Coolant but they 'topped off the coolest, just in case'. It's been 3 days and I have not seen the message in console yet. Hoping it will still that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts