Polestar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Midnight & Barley Polestar 2 w/ PP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the blistering heat and humidity of DC-area summer is approaching. We’re in the small gap of time before winter and summer where windows-down driving is comfortable.

I’m someone who likes to turn their climate control off when they have their windows down. Feels wasteful to leave it on. But I find that if I do this in the Polestar 2, it repeatedly pops up a message in the gauge cluster saying that it’s cooling the infotainment. If I put my hand on the infotainment, sure enough, it’s getting quite hot in the sun without the A/C running.

So I guess the cooling for the SoC and all that in the infotainment is entirely hooked into the cabin A/C, so the car has to run A/C to prevent it from overheating? Maybe they should have the pop up message be a little less intrusive then.. it covers most of the gauge cluster map.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,436 Posts
So, the blistering heat and humidity of DC-area summer is approaching. We’re in the small gap of time before winter and summer where windows-down driving is comfortable.

I’m someone who likes to turn their climate control off when they have their windows down. Feels wasteful to leave it on. But I find that if I do this in the Polestar 2, it repeatedly pops up a message in the gauge cluster saying that it’s cooling the infotainment. If I put my hand on the infotainment, sure enough, it’s getting quite hot in the sun without the A/C running.

So I guess the cooling for the SoC and all that in the infotainment is entirely hooked into the cabin A/C, so the car has to run A/C to prevent it from overheating? Maybe they should have the pop up message be a little less intrusive then.. it covers most of the gauge cluster map.
Surprisingly never seen this in England

·
Registered
151 Posts
I

I had the same message twice last week and it’s cold here!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I've never seen that but I'll watch for it. We are at that windows down season also, but ours ends up only being a few days we can actually drive like that. Our Spring time is usually dodging rain (and tornadoes and hail and wind), cold, and heat with only a few that are actually nice. But I'll watch for this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same message twice last week and it’s cold here!
Hmm, weird! I didn’t see it until it warmed up outdoors so I assumed it was weather-related. Maybe the infotainment just has some thermal performance issues..

·
Registered
720 Posts
Haven't seen that yet in SoCal.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
Haven't seen that yet in SoCal.
Same - have had the car in some warmer (80-85F) days in the Bay Area, including parked in the sun with some baking via the pano roof and windows. Didn't see that particular error.

another call to CS?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had this a couple of times when it was warmer in the UK a week or so back I had the climate control turned off at the time due to the aircon being a waste of time so just had the windows down

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same - have had the car in some warmer (80-85F) days in the Bay Area, including parked in the sun with some baking via the pano roof and windows. Didn't see that particular error.

another call to CS?
It'll be interesting to see what happens when we start to hit the high 100s Fahrenheit (38C and above) in the San Francisco Bay Area. The weather in my area hits really high numbers where an iPhone just refuses to operate if left on a table while having coffee in the sun. Wonder how the Polestar would do! 😅

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2, Non-PP, Snow
22 Posts
I have been getting this message for the last couple of days, after I turned off the A/C in the car. The outside temp is mid 40F in Tahoe, CA so I'm guessing it's not about outside temperature but the bolted-on-tablet in the center console getting too hot from running google maps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been getting this message for the last couple of days, after I turned off the A/C in the car. The outside temp is mid 40F in Tahoe, CA so I'm guessing it's not about outside temperature but the bolted-on-tablet in the center console getting too hot from running google maps.
Yeah, sounds like it. I didn’t have independent variables because before it got warm out I left the climate control on. Kind of crazy that it gets too warm even in 40 degree weather.. most tablets wouldn’t.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
upside is you and the front passenger have a hand warmer aside from the wheel?

·
Registered
79 Posts
This has happened to me a bunch on the warmest days (80+ degrees F) a few weeks ago. The message is very intrusive, and occurs 5-10 times in one setting (it turns on for maybe five seconds, shuts off and that repeats multiple times). It hasn’t happened in consistent ~75degrees F weather lately, but curious what CS says.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Went for a long drive today and had the “cooling the infortainment“ message flash up 6 times today. Anyone else in the UK getting this?

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
174 Posts
I had this yesterday after leaving the car charging for a couple of hours. AC was off, windows open a bit, assume it’s just the sun warming it and it would normally use AC to cool it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts