Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all - 500 miles on the clock and come home to find a cracked windscreen
Didn’t happen when driving so can only assume it happened when on driveway - maybe due to heat from sun ?
Anyone else experienced this issue?
3BA3F3F5-0E4E-46B2-A842-49FD0E32B733.jpeg

·
Registered
180 Posts
😭

·
Registered
599 Posts
That's wild - it looks like it's on the interior piece of glass and not the exterior since it doesn't continue into the black?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Is there any sign of any stone or other impact at all? If not then there is an outside chance it could be a stress crack from being a faulty screen or misaligned when fitted.
(Had that on my TM3 right across bottom of screen). Replaced by T for free.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The thing that you have blanked out.... isn't that the inventory tag from the delivery? Someone else from the UK can confirm but I think you can just remove that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The thing that you have blanked out.... isn't that the inventory tag from the delivery? Someone else from the UK can confirm but I think you can just remove that.
I also have no idea what the blck tag is and have left mine as delivered so should it be removed??

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
87 Posts
I also have no idea what the blck tag is and have left mine as delivered so should it be removed??
I googled about that tag, and there was a nice YouTube video by a guy saying, yes you could remove it. So I did.

I had never seen one before so wasn't sure.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,698 Posts
You can remove it. It's used by the delivery company (BCA I think) to help ID cars in their network prior to delivery to customer.
All labels are removed at owner discretion. Please read the small print.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I agree with Stevelup, I would contact the customer support.

Glad that tag isn't important, I just removed it as it annoyed me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's wild - it looks like it's on the interior piece of glass and not the exterior since it doesn't continue into the black?
Thank you all - the crack is certainly on the inside of the car- it’s a business lease so have arranged for Auto windscreens to fit new one Friday. No hassle 😳
For sure a faulty windscreen just so everyone is aware
Thx again

·
Registered
706 Posts
Make sure they are able to calibrate the sensors after replacement, or otherwise make sure that you have an appointment at Volvo to have it recalibrated.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
706 Posts
In my experience Volvo will charge if they don’t fit the windscreen.
Or third option: try to get them to allow the replacement to be done by Volvo

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good luck with Auto Windscreens. They had to replace the replacement windscreen on my Mazda CX-5 twice due to their shoddy fitting practices. This was after a similar crack appeared on my car while just sitting there one April when the weather suddenly turned warmer. Mazda would not accept a warranty claim so had to pay out myself. New car less than 6 months old.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Windscreen companies must love it when the weather gets warmer and generates random cracks in peoples windscreens.

I was washing our Volvo on the weekend, hosing her down with the garden hose and 'BANG'. I attributed it to the missus hoovering the back of the car. Wasn't until I finished that I saw two large cracks starting at the black surround where the camera and rear view mirror are housed.

You'd think that even a windscreen thats been sitting in the sun would withstand cool water. It's not like it was 2 degrees celcius.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I wonder if it's because nowadays the screen is glued in and part of the vehicle structure and not just a push fit with a rubber surround. In an accident they did used to just pop out. (If it was a laminated screen of course).

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
Windows suffer from all sorts of stresses, most caused by temperature differences. If a window is already under stress and you hit it with uneven changes in temperature... hit one end of the window with cold water while the other end is hot... you can cause enough extra uneven stress to cause that crack.

Reactions: polerad
1 - 20 of 20 Posts