Polestar Forum banner
2241 - 2260 of 2277 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Long time lurker here.
Mine was ordered in June and built 26/09 and the next day got an email saying it was awaiting to be shipped. Since then I have had no emails or any correspondence from P*. It’s a company car and my boss for the moment has all the login details but we checked the other day and it’s saying December delivery on the page. Literally for the past 4 weeks everyday I’ve harassed CS and it’s gone from being on a ship to being back in Shanghai to finally today it’s off the boat in the UK (not sure if that’s 100% true) Now they’re saying delivery expected late December possibly early January so another 6 weeks or so they’re saying. I’ve offered to collect the car but they won’t allow it as most people are I’m itching for the car. My current car goes back soon and I work nights so I can’t rely on public transport.
Has anyone else been told they have to wait around 6 weeks from the car arriving at the port. From what I’ve read here if I end up getting the car that’s about 6 months I’ve had to wait which is probably a result seeing as some people have had to wait longer!
I’ve gone of a Dual motor Thunder grey with all the packs with 100 mile commute a day and free charging at work along side the cheap company car tax I’m eager to get shot of my petrol bill!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Long time lurker here.
Mine was ordered in June and built 26/09 and the next day got an email saying it was awaiting to be shipped. Since then I have had no emails or any correspondence from P*. It’s a company car and my boss for the moment has all the login details but we checked the other day and it’s saying December delivery on the page. Literally for the past 4 weeks everyday I’ve harassed CS and it’s gone from being on a ship to being back in Shanghai to finally today it’s off the boat in the UK (not sure if that’s 100% true) Now they’re saying delivery expected late December possibly early January so another 6 weeks or so they’re saying. I’ve offered to collect the car but they won’t allow it as most people are I’m itching for the car. My current car goes back soon and I work nights so I can’t rely on public transport.
Has anyone else been told they have to wait around 6 weeks from the car arriving at the port. From what I’ve read here if I end up getting the car that’s about 6 months I’ve had to wait which is probably a result seeing as some people have had to wait longer!
I’ve gone of a Dual motor Thunder grey with all the packs with 100 mile commute a day and free charging at work along side the cheap company car tax I’m eager to get shot of my petrol bill!!
It sounds to me like you're in the same sort of position to me- mine will be through a lease company. I ordered 29/06 and it was built 24/09. I didn't even get the shipping email. My car was was on the Onyx Ace which docked yesterday so I'd be fairly sure yours was too based on the fact CS are also saying it's in the UK.

If I were a betting man I'd guess that yours will be booked in tomorrow or Friday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It sounds to me like you're in the same sort of position to me- mine will be through a lease company. I ordered 29/06 and it was built 24/09. I didn't even get the shipping email. My car was was on the Onyx Ace which docked yesterday so I'd be fairly sure yours was too based on the fact CS are also saying it's in the UK.

If I were a betting man I'd guess that yours will be booked in tomorrow or Friday.
Oh I bloody hope so!!! Fingers crossed, what used to bug me is that CS wouldn’t be able to tell what ship it was on, thought that would be something they’d easily be able to get hold of?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Long time lurker here.

Read some of the previous posts on this thread. Lots if not most people have ridiculous waits. From it being build and then sitting around in China, to it arriving in the UK and sitting in Bristol for ever. Seems to be no logical process to get these cars out. I ordered in April, got a delivery date of 12th December. My car has been in Bristol since 25th Oct. Some get lucky and get early dates. Some not so lucky. Calling CS doesn't seem to make any difference. They tell you that they're contacting the PDI team and then you never hear anything back. The customer service does not relate to the cost/profile of the brand.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh I bloody hope so!!! Fingers crossed, what used to bug me is that CS wouldn’t be able to tell what ship it was on, thought that would be something they’d easily be able to get hold of?
When I called CS yesterday, they didn't know a) the date my car was shipped b) the date it arrived in the UK or c) when I was going to get it delivered to me! Unreal really. How can I possibly know more than them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Read some of the previous posts on this thread. Lots if not most people have ridiculous waits. From it being build and then sitting around in China, to it arriving in the UK and sitting in Bristol for ever. Seems to be no logical process to get these cars out. I ordered in April, got a delivery date of 12th December. My car has been in Bristol since 25th Oct. Some get lucky and get early dates. Some not so lucky. Calling CS doesn't seem to make any difference. They tell you that they're contacting the PDI team and then you never hear anything back. The customer service does not relate to the cost/profile of the brand.
I have trawled the thread but was kind of hoping things had improved ! And you’re dead right CS does not do them any justice you’d think they be hot on it!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Just had my boss confirm delivery for 11/01/23. It’s going to sit at the docks just as long as it was on the ship if not longer!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just had my boss confirm delivery for 11/01/23. It’s going to sit at the docks just as long as it was on the ship if not longer!
Absolutely crazy isn't it? Seems they not only have issues with supply of parts and production, but they also have logistical issues which cause delays.

Best of luck with it all buddy. Hopefully, it will be worth the wait for us all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There could be some final fit in the UK & caused by part shortage. The boat loaded with Polestar cars will be dropping off at various countries, each with its own road legal rules.
I think that's likely to be true in some cases, but arriving in the UK in October, for a scheduled January handover, in my opinion, is completely unacceptable, for cars that were built in August.

Update to my saga. Handover has been changed 'back' to my original date of Dec-12th. Until it's on my driveway though, I'm not going to believe it!

·
Registered
MY23 P*2 LRDM Magnesium
45 Posts
Perhaps many have limited conception of what is involved in car logistics and delivery, or of what any vendor considers prudent to tell its customers or why. I have some realistic inkling, as my old man was in the industry for most of his working years; perhaps that shaped my conversation with customer service a little differently. A conversation, a bilateral and proactive negotiation not least involving guile and leverage to extract information.
Although it may not suit the modern preference for immediate gratification, I am quite confident that there isn't a small army of Doozers preparing and moving vehicles on demand, more likely quite a small team for the likes of an upstart start-up like Polestar, competing for limited services to process deliveries. Like it or no, fifty large has long since shrunk from being a fat wedge; this is no Aston or Bentley, but an electric contemporary to the C-Class or 3-Series. Perhaps it may come as a surprise to some that there isn't an accompanying Bentley standard of delivery, but the quiet majority seem to be pleased enough with doorstep handover.

When factory ordering my AMG, I was better informed on the car than the franchise MB dealer; knowing such I used similar conversational guile to not only extract delivery information, but to entice them to fit OEM parts to the car on delivery that weren't available in the order configuration process. There were details I was quite certain they may have known but were not at liberty to divulge, some of which became apparent in later stages of ordering and delivery.
Perhaps a widened focus would soon lead to the realisation that the Polestar delivery cycle is by no means unique amongst marques and in fact, their performance is somewhat positively surprising compared to much larger peers.

Narrowing the focus considerably, preparations continue for my delivery on Tuesday. New personal plates, resplendent with green stripe, are waiting with the V778 under the desk. Global Tint are booked to do the rear windows in factory tint, already contemplated, but also the fronts in UV shield; something prompted by unexpected facial warming during the test drive last weekend on a sunny Saturday in Exeter.

Then bounce the P*2 onto my policy before or on arrival and add the plates using DVLA online with the V5 reference number. Oh and have a chat with the local Volvo dealer about Car Protect and becoming my service location. Fun times.

• Haha
Reactions: r0ckland

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - My estimated delivery from P* has been moved forward from March to 11/1, however, I'm not that hopeful as I'm not sure my car has been put onto a ship! Checking the VIN against Molace and the other shipping companies people have mentioned on this forum, there is no itinerary record anywhere...to have any chance of a delivery in 6 weeks' time it would need to be in the UK already, or on its way from China I would have thought?

Taking the following from the JSON...

Order Confirmed - 25/7/22
Manufacturing Month - Oct-22
Estimated Delivery - 11/1/22
Last updated - 23/11/22

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi - My estimated delivery from P* has been moved forward from March to 11/1, however, I'm not that hopeful as I'm not sure my car has been put onto a ship! Checking the VIN against Molace and the other shipping companies people have mentioned on this forum, there is no itinerary record anywhere...to have any chance of a delivery in 6 weeks' time it would need to be in the UK already, or on its way from China I would have thought?

Taking the following from the JSON...

Order Confirmed - 25/7/22
Manufacturing Month - Oct-22
Estimated Delivery - 11/1/22
Last updated - 23/11/22

Mine is exactly the same, but ordered 8.6.22
Manufacturing Month November-22
Estimated Delivery 11.1.1.23
Last Update 23.11.22

I spoke to CS today they say it is due into the UK in Late December, so it could be on one of 2 ships, it could be on the Morning Lucy, which is due into Southampton on the 20th December or the Titus which goes into Zeebrugge and then gets ferried over to the UK this gets into Zeebrugge on the 12th December...

·
Registered
MY23 P*2 LRDM Magnesium
45 Posts
Mine was delivered today (now yesterday) as scheduled. Exactly the car I chose from deposit to doorstep in six weeks, not at all bad in the current climate. All I can say is watch the preconfigured page like a hawk in the early stages of an order.

2241 - 2260 of 2277 Posts