Polestar Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1918 Posts

·
Registered
SMLR Magnesium No Packs MY23
10 Posts
Afternoon All, my LRSM Magnesium No Packs 19" has now departed for the UK as advised by CS today, they are unable to provide ship name, my delivery date has come slightly forward from 19/12/2022 too 14/12/2022.

Order Confirmed: 25/05
VIN Assigned: 09/09
Departed for UK: Mid-Sept (asked CS 23-Sept and advised on it's way)
Estimated Delivery: 14/12

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have got as far as where it says make sure Preview Mode is on. I'm stuck at that point. Where and how do I enable preview mode please?
Don't know about preview mode, when you "right click" on the page are you getting the box that has "inspect" as the bottom option?
If yes, click that then you will see this, see "network", click that
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Circle

Then hit "refresh"
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel

Its hidden behind one of these, usually the third one of a group
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
SLR in Midnight. Slate & Sunroof ( On order, still driving my VW Scirroco
313 Posts
Don't know about preview mode, when you "right click" on the page are you getting the box that has "inspect" as the bottom option?
If yes, click that then you will see this, see "network", click that
View attachment 17726

Then hit "refresh"
View attachment 17727

Its hidden behind one of these, usually the third one of a group
View attachment 17728
Thanks for that. I've reached the bit where I can see Order2delivery although there is only 1 of those (not in a group of 3). Then there is another separate Order2delivery lower down on its own. Do I right click or left click on it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for that. I've reached the bit where I can see Order2delivery although there is only 1 of those (not in a group of 3). Then there is another separate Order2delivery lower down on its own. Do I right click or left click on it?
Theres usually loads, click each one until on the right says data, then theres a small tab next to it where the info drops down. Info there as long as your picture isn't error 404

·
Registered
SRSM, Pilot lite & Plus,Midnight
37 Posts
Just to add a bit more to the mid November delivery

I recently got a confusing "Meet your new Polestar" e-mail from [email protected] and as this is the address that sends the "official" e-mails assumed it was real. Looking at the e-mail it showed me the wrong car (not unusual in China to get the wrong item on a totally different date by the way) so I rang CS to sort it out. Oh-dear the agent had no concept of the level of annoyance you can generate reading a script off a screen. I recontacted them regarding cancelling the order (yes I was that incensed) and was told cancellation up to delivery confirmation is acceptable, so if like me you are thinking of walking away that may help.

The following day Lee Gibson - @heliharris69 post indicates he's head of UK CS - rang me (1st time just as I was sitting down in my dentist's chair :)) but we eventually had quite a long chat and the following points may be of use
  1. My car set sail about 13/09
  2. Lee stated it was on a direct China/Bristol RoRo due to dock 3rd week of Oct
  3. He also stated they allocate 3 weeks for PDI and delivery so this matches my JSON estimated date of 14th Nov
I cannot find a ship that matches the delivery profile so any help identifying it would be good

·
Registered
LRDM Pilot/ Plus/Performance.. Snow.
161 Posts

I recently got a confusing "Meet your new Polestar" e-mail from [email protected] and as this is the address that sends the "official" e-mails assumed it was real. Looking at the e-mail it showed me the wrong car (not unusual in China to get the wrong item on a totally different date by the way) so I rang CS to sort it out. Oh-dear the agent had no concept of the level of annoyance you can generate reading a script off a screen. I recontacted them regarding cancelling the order (yes I was that incensed) and was told cancellation up to delivery confirmation is acceptable, so if like me you are thinking of walking away that may help.

The following day Lee Gibson - @heliharris69 post indicates he's head of UK CS - rang me (1st time just as I was sitting down in my dentist's chair :)) but we eventually had quite a long chat and the following points may be of use
  3. He also stated they allocate 3 weeks for PDI and delivery so this matches my JSON estimated date of 14th Nov
I cannot find a ship that matches the delivery profile so any help identifying it would be good
Yup... All information that CS should know... If all customers with genuine gripes went straight to the top Management.. then pretty quickly Polestar would realise just how useless all aspects of the so called CS Dept. are.
Pleased you managed to get some useful information from Lee Gibson.
Ps. Havn't managed to obtain his email address yet... but I'm working on it.

·
Registered
243 Posts

The ‘Direct‘ to Bristol is interesting, I’ve seen no ship thats set sail direct to Bristol from Shanghai.

However, Leo Leader which set sail Sept 9th calls at Zeebrugge and then apparently on to Bristol. Thats the only ship that would fit. The only direct ship I’ve found that will leave from Shanghai to Bristol is Theben but thats not due into Shanghai until next month.

·
Registered
SRSM, Pilot lite & Plus,Midnight
37 Posts
Thanks @Hoppo1979 - "Direct" I suspect "means" the car is only off-loaded at the final destination (no transfers), the ship may however wander about all over the place‍🚢.

So I now realise that I used to go from Gatwick direct to Heathrow (35miles), via Singapore, Seattle and Philadelphia (a few more miles) :)

1861 - 1880 of 1918 Posts