Polestar Forum banner
221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Midnight, Leather, Launch ed. Tow-bar, 19”
44 Posts
You live in Haugesund you say? Well, that's a coincidence, as I'm also living in Haugesund. We'll probably be able to work something out... ;)
Well, what do do you know, It’s a small world! 😀

Would have been cool to meet! Live at Kolnes actually, but consider that to be Haugesund.. Will send you a message at your profile.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
FedEx dude showed up. Wife: ":unsure: so what did you order?"

I need to rearrange my desk... and maybe the couch, lol.

(She'll give me grief, but won't care... might use it the most though, she loves crafting and such)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
FedEx dude showed up. Wife: ":unsure: so what did you order?"

I need to rearrange my desk... and maybe the couch, lol.

(She'll give me grief, but won't care... might use it the most though, she loves crafting and such)
Haha. Hopefully you got a nice quality print, then.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got a personal delivery today by the wizard himself mroek, the whole package; cupholder, shelf and sunglass holder. Finally I can again use my favorite circle-k cup from 2011!

Exquisite workmanship and design.

As a bonus we had a good polestar chat and shared experiences, a good day.. Thanks again mroek

A86444C4-4EE7-42E0-8B1B-25FC51F17CBB.jpeg
A86444C4-4EE7-42E0-8B1B-25FC51F17CBB.jpeg BDE382DB-925D-4B28-9BFE-3A8705E037C0.jpeg
66A819EC-6F16-47F4-8F74-51EDDBFD32D8.jpeg

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
@Gilla It was great to meet in person to deliver the stuff! The color match of that grey is really quite good to the gray in the car!

·
Registered
44 Posts
@Gilla It was great to meet in person to deliver the stuff! The color match of that grey is really quite good to the gray in the car!
Likewise. I’m very happy with it! General feedback from passengers when I’m telling them that it’s not original, but custom made, is that it seems original and also have the same color😀

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
For residents of Norway it is now possible to purchase my designs ready-made from a Norwegian 3D printing company:

At the moment, he does not offer the adaptive reducer/grip ring for the large cup holder, but he said he'd do a test print of it to check if he would offer that as well. The potential issue is that there is post-processing to be done, and he might not want to do that himself, and at the same time isn't comfortable with leaving that up to the customer.

Full disclaimer: I get a small cut from each sale (although less than from selling the files), and I have no influence over the final prices. As a complete side note, I also designed a custom tray for the VW ID.4, which is also available from this company (and as files on my Cults3D page). Designing car accessories is somewhat fun.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Got it printed at the library in 3 parts (some assembly required)
View attachment 6311
Nice!

Yes, the cheapest solution is of course to purchase the files and have it printed some place where you don't have to pay a premium or shipping, but having a commercial purchasing option if that fails is still good, I think.

·
Registered
Snow non-PP w/tow hook
149 Posts
Nice!

Yes, the cheapest solution is of course to purchase the files and have it printed some place where you don't have to pay a premium or shipping, but having a commercial purchasing option if that fails is still good, I think.
definitely, if it was available sooner and with the reducer, I would've gone down that path instead, been many hours at the library, but at least I have gained some knowledge on how it is to 3d print.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Finally got the cupholder printed. It's a little fuzzy, still figuring all this out (jet black PETG), but it holds cups!

Goes nicely with the shelves too:

Speaking of things that hold cups, I made a coaster, lol.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Finally got the cupholder printed. It's a little fuzzy, still figuring all this out (jet black PETG), but it holds cups!
View attachment 6407

Goes nicely with the shelves too:
View attachment 6408

Speaking of things that hold cups, I made a coaster, lol.
View attachment 6411
Very nice (the coaster too!). You chose the small version with the elliptical holes, do you just prefer the visuals of that one compared to the ones with diamond holes?

For people in Norway, you can now order finished prints from a company that have licensed my design:

As of now, they don't offer the self-adjusting grip ring/reducer, but they might do so later. Not sure if they are comfortable with leaving the post-processing to the customer, and they probably don't want to do it themselves either.

I also designed the tray for the VW ID.4 that they sell (files for that are also available), as I have a friend with an ID.4, and he needed/wanted it.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
This forum's BB software sucks.

Yes, preferred the elliptical style. I do need to print off the larger one though.

Are the ID.4 files on Cults?

221 - 240 of 247 Posts