Polestar Forum banner
241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
For anyone that had this done at Craftcloud, can you share your final costs? I'm in the group willing to pay good money for finished and shipped versions of both the cupholder and the tray.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,868 Posts
Have anyone else's shelves warped a little in the hot summer cabin? Or did my guy use the crappiest form of plastic known to man?

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Felt-lining is an artform. You're an artist, as well as an engineer! :geek:
Now, now. Let's not overdo things here. 'Wouldn't want Uncle Dave to get overconfident.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Have anyone else's shelves warped a little in the hot summer cabin? Or did my guy use the crappiest form of plastic known to man?
If the heat is really extreme, you'd need very temperature resistant plastic to avoid warping. The most used plastic is PLA, and that does not withstand temperature very well. Basically it will start to become soft somewhere between 50 and 60 degrees C. PET-G is a bit better, typically handling around 20 degrees more.

Non-destructively checking what plastic your shelves are made from isn't easy, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My cup holder is a bit misshapen now from Chicago summer heat.

241 - 247 of 247 Posts