Polestar Forum banner
261 - 280 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
P*2 | 300KW | Snow | Charcoal | Pilot | Plus | 19" | Stickerless
60 Posts
My resin print is doing just fine, despite the 100ºF heat this week (meaning it's probably hit 130+ inside the car a few times in the afternoon). I imagine PLA would have melted into a puddle :).
There's a material called HDPLA that has an additive which makes annealing possible. It prints only slightly hotter than standard PLA, but once annealed it can stand temperatures up to 95°C and has increased impact resistance amongst other things. Basically the properties of ABS, without the possibility of releasing noxious fumes like hydrogen cyanide.

The annealing process can be done in a normal household oven.

·
Registered
P*2 | 300KW | Snow | Charcoal | Pilot | Plus | 19" | Stickerless
60 Posts
Came across this on aliexpress, might be useful with the arm rest pulled forward
£2.75 40%OFF | 2 In 1 Vehicle-mounted Slip-proof Cup Holder 360 Degree Rotating Water Car Cup Holder Multifunctional Dual Houder Auto Accessory
You HAVE to watch the video of the product...😭

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
Came across this on aliexpress, might be useful with the arm rest pulled forward
£2.75 40%OFF | 2 In 1 Vehicle-mounted Slip-proof Cup Holder 360 Degree Rotating Water Car Cup Holder Multifunctional Dual Houder Auto Accessory
You HAVE to watch the video of the product...😭
So not only a cup holder, it's also a dinner holder! 🤣

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I have received my order from Craftcloud. I had ordered 2 regular cup holders, 1 glove compartment clip and one console clip and both trays. Price was just over $70 with 5 day turn around. It could have been $50 if I was more patient. Process was very easy and product looks good out if the box.

I do think the cupholders are going to be too small though so I plan to order the larger size. I'm an American and this looks like it'll only fit a can or small water bottle.

The console clip works on either side and I've included photos of it in both positions.

For anyone that thinks this requires any expertise, it does not. Once you order the file from Mroek just follow the link to Craftcloud. They automatically import all of the files and just select the ones you want printed, the color and material and it'll give you quotes with shipping. It's as easy as buying it already made.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
@mroek what is meant to be used as the "flaps" within the reducer ring? The file doesn't show anything as separate pieces.
If you look at the instruction video (linked to from the Cults page), you will see that it is all printed as one piece. The hinges are integrated, and just broken free after printing. There is some post-processing to be done, but it shouldn't take too long.

·
Registered
2022 LR Midnight, Pilot+Plus+tow 19"+Nappa no-pp
48 Posts
Has anyone sourced the cup holder and centre trays in the UK? If so where did you go and how much were they? I have a friend with a 3D printer who will run them up for me if I supply a reel of print "ink" So I wanted to see if a pro print was going to work out a lot more expensive than bothering my friend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
@mroek's design is great. I just received my printed items. Cupholder with integrated hook for glove compartment. Cupholder for centre console. And lastly, storage trays for unnder the infotainment screen. I also printed the reducer rings with the flaps. Sadly, the Craftcloud printer poorly printed the reducer rings and the flaps snapped off. I would not recommend Craftcloud at all. I contacted them the same day as receiving the items and they said "tough luck". That being said - get @mroek's items and print them elsewhere.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Gadget Audio equipment
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
@mroek's design is great. I just received my printed items. Cupholder with integrated hook for glove compartment. Cupholder for centre console. And lastly, storage trays for unnder the infotainment screen. I also printed the reducer rings with the flaps. Sadly, the Craftcloud printer poorly printed the reducer rings and the flaps snapped off. I would not recommend Craftcloud at all. I contacted them the same day as receiving the items and they said "tough luck". That being said - get @mroek's items and print them elsewhere.
View attachment 9068 View attachment 9069
Thanks!
The reducer rings can be a bit tricky to print, and I suspect Craftcloud always prints with the same profile, which might not be well suited for this item. Sorry about that, but there isn't much I can do about it, unfortunately.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks!
The reducer rings can be a bit tricky to print, and I suspect Craftcloud always prints with the same profile, which might not be well suited for this item. Sorry about that, but there isn't much I can do about it, unfortunately.
Oh I know...not your fault at all. If anything, your design is amazing and I would highly recommend it... So thanks for designing a great product....just too bad about the printers through Craftcloud. Oh well...LOL...all good man!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok, looking through the thread this looks like an amazing solution to the cupholder issue. I do have two questions though:

1. Have any Americans tried this with American size drinks? (yes there is a reason we are all fat).
2. What is a good high heat resistant filament? I have had accessories I have printed for another car basically deform in the heat of the car. (Dallas Texas area where the interior of the car reach 55 Celsius)

Michael

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok, looking through the thread this looks like an amazing solution to the cupholder issue. I do have two questions though:

1. Have any Americans tried this with American size drinks? (yes there is a reason we are all fat).
2. What is a good high heat resistant filament? I have had accessories I have printed for another car basically deform in the heat of the car. (Dallas Texas area where the interior of the car reach 55 Celsius)

Michael
1. What size Murican are we talking? 20oz Starclucks latte? not problem, Route 44 Sonic Big Gulp? Probably wouldn't recommend.
2. PETG would be my recommendation, it's easyish to print, and handles heat pretty well with minimal creep (I printed mine out of this, and it survived the average 100F/37C summer heat we saw this year). ASA/ABS is also a good choice, but can be tricky to print and off=gasses
some not so good stuff. Nylon is also good, but probably overkill for this and is the trickiest to print (and most expensive choice).

Cheers

261 - 280 of 281 Posts