Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Web chatted with them regarding delays to my order and why people that had ordered months after me where receiving their cars. They couldn't tell me due to GDPR. Hmmmm, just a little bit of respect for someone that is willing to be a Guinea pig for you and is willing to hand over 60k cash for the priveledge, is all I ask.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Probably had to do with deliveries to Ireland. I've not heard of anyone in Ireland getting one yet. Have you?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in northern Ireland. My driving licence is London. I have asked for delivery to London as on my driving licence, about a month ago to try and expedite and make things easier for them. I also offered to pickup car from anywhere they choose.My account still says delivery to n ireland. Lord knows where it will be delivered to, impossible to get a clear answer from them.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've heard many people say they tried to change delivery but it's very hard unless you cancel and reorder.

Seems you are having as much luck as me. I ordered before others yet mine isn't due to November.

Spec options?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basic white car with towbar. I,d have jumped ship long ago, but need a towbar, and only options are Tesla, Audi and ipace. Got deposit on mach e and await VW announcement 20 septemer on i4. Jeez, nobody wants my dosh.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The new Skoda Enyaq has a tow bar option, although I'm not sure on the capacity of it.

And also the tow bar is your problem. I don't know why but anyone with a towbar in the UK got pushed to November delivery, including myself.

In the US it seems to be put on after delivery from China to the US, where in the UK it seems it has to be factory fitted.

There's obviously some logic to it all somewhere but we don't have the clearance level for that info!

Hang tight but, only another 6 weeks hopefully for the both of us!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you know it's the towbar option that is causing the delays? Hmm. How did you find out? Dont know why, if that's the case, polestar wont explain this to me. Crazy their support blurting out answers from a sheet. Which never answers the question asked. Thanks for Kenya info, will have a nosey on delivery times. Not too bothered what I drive. This flaming 207 is close to being driven into the sea.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems skoda not available till next year. Mustang may be quicker, announcement shortly apparently.

·
Registered
487 Posts
When I was at the Test Drive I spoke to someone in depth about it and they said they would investigate for me. I got an email back about 5 days later (was a weekend in between) saying the delay was due to the Tow Bar, and was being fitted at the factory before shipment.

I've been watching others in the UK with tow bars ordered on other social media and all seem to be due November.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks gdank. Just checked the German vin site. They go up to 9000 for the boats. My 8xxx vin ain't on it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks gdank. Just checked the German vin site. They go up to 9000 for the boats. My 8xxx vin ain't on it.
Got the link please? I've still trying to find if mine is on a boat.

BTW next boat due 29th August @ Zeeburgge ... which is what I suspect our cars will be on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
At least you guys have a VIN! 😭 On the other hand, it's looking increasingly like a good option to wait a bit...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol looks like u have a bit of a wait then. Last boat listed has up to 9xxx vins. Bit of a worry my 8xxx vin not on it. If u are tow bar as well I,d say we will be on same boat. If we have nt jumped ship already. I was told mine was in transit. Lost faith in their ability to tell the truth to be honest. Pretty sad that folk ordering today will probably receive a car before me even though I ordered June 6th.

·
Registered
487 Posts
"in transit" is a very lose and open term. It means it's built - but you knew that as you have a Vin number, as I do, and now it's on it's way.

But that doesn't mean it's on a speed boat to your house! "in transit" can mean anything from in a car park waiting for transport, to it sitting in customs, or on a docked boat that isn't leaving for another 3 days.

I use "in transit" all the time at work ... hell if anyone asks me anything I'll auto-reply "Yeah I've ordered it ... it's on its way" ... could be a day or a month ... as long as I have proof the product left the warehouse.

You can't blame a company for doing company like things. Everyone does it. Never heard of "The checks in the post" ?

Anyway, like I said next boat is due end of the month, and I suspect both our cars will be on it. This is about 3-4 weeks prep ... if it goes wrong or slow for whatever reason they still said November so have some built in slippage.

I do that too at work ... someone asks me how long for something ... I'll triple my guess. When they moan ... I'll half it instead. So 1 weeks goes to 3 ... then down to 2 Weeks. When I deliver in 1.5 weeks the client is pleased! Can't see any reason why Polestar wouldn't aim to do this too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jeez, I used to sell servers. Always told customers 8 weeks, as everything was bespoke. No-one was ever let down. Had a great reputation for delivering on time. Never had to advertise. Polestar told me in June I would have my car in August. This is why i ordered.

Be honest. It pays to treat your clients with respect. Not this nonsense. I wouldn't be worried about all of the teething problems
I d expect this with a new on the market car. But the tardy comms coming from polestar is shocking.

Christ all they have to say is. Sorry mate, we built a load of basic models first as it would be easier to shift all the cancellations.

Grrrrr.......

·
Registered
406 Posts
Jeez, I used to sell servers. Always told customers 8 weeks, as everything was bespoke. No-one was ever let down. Had a great reputation for delivering on time. Never had to advertise. Polestar told me in June I would have my car in August. This is why i ordered.

Be honest. It pays to treat your clients with respect. Not this nonsense. I wouldn't be worried about all of the teething problems
I d expect this with a new on the market car. But the tardy comms coming from polestar is shocking.

Christ all they have to say is. Sorry mate, we built a load of basic models first as it would be easier to shift all the cancellations.

Grrrrr.......
Agreed. I ordered back when June-July was expected delivery. Then COVID happened and with it delays which are totally expected; but no one ever fessed up saying so, I just had to assume it was COVID related.

Then all the mess around US servicing and Space opening. Again I’m assuming it’s related to ongoing negotiations with dealers and that shouldn’t affect delivery timelines. But I don’t actually know.

I’m also presuming the current software issues are partly Google related; that they’re not going to affect the safety of the car; and that we’re still nonetheless on track for Sept delivery, but would be great to get a heads up from Polestar HQ.

Would also be great to learn of LA test drives from Polestar and not Reddit. And while I love y’all I really wish the great info we got here was drawn from and confirmed by Polestar directly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts