Polestar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I thought DAB allowed you to see richer info than just the station name... is this incorrect? Or is it a foible of PS or Android Auto?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Hi all,

I thought DAB allowed you to see richer info than just the station name... is this incorrect? Or is it a foible of PS or Android Auto?

Thanks
Probably the app being pants ... or you was really listening to FM. On my radio I get full song info.

What Radio App you using?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Err... Do I need a specific app? I was just hitting the radio button on the main screen. Starting to feel a bit silly now... 😐

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
Latest firmware sorted out radio for me / seamlessly switches from DAB to FM and back when required, I moved the radio app to the top right quarter so it’s easy to switch from radio to Bluetooth media player (left it at bottom right). It updates in real time with song info even when not playing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Latest firmware sorted out radio for me / seamlessly switches from DAB to FM and back when required, I moved the radio app to the top right quarter so it’s easy to switch from radio to Bluetooth media player (left it at bottom right). It updates in real time with song info even when not playing.
So that sounds like there is something wrong with mine then? I have the 8th Jan software, and all I get is the station name. Having said that maybe I'm listening to FM without realising it??

My radio icon is the standard one that came when the car was delivered. I've not installed any other radio app. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks...

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
So that sounds like there is something wrong with mine then? I have the 8th Jan software, and all I get is the station name. Having said that maybe I'm listening to FM without realising it??

My radio icon is the standard one that came when the car was delivered. I've not installed any other radio app. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks...
You might be using FM. I am using the same stock app one of the changes in the February version is the radio app links DAB/FM so you just pick BBC Radio 4 for instance and it’ll prefer DAB or fallback to FM if necessary. In the old version you had to pick the DAB one manually.

They should be rolling out the new version in the next couple of weeks so in the meantime try to find the DAB station manually!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
If you go to the station list, it will show "DAB" or "FM" to the right hand side so you can see which it is. I don't think I get the song name either on mine, just the station name.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right I had a look today, and yes DAB is there in terms of stations I can choose. My bad for not spotting that. However some of the stations I've programmed in don't display any data. I mean, I'd expect at least the station logo like in other cars, and also the current programme/track details. I guess the it's going to be a case of waiting for upgrades.

Maybe I'll look for some other radio app as well.

Thanks all...

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
Right I had a look today, and yes DAB is there in terms of stations I can choose. My bad for not spotting that. However some of the stations I've programmed in don't display any data. I mean, I'd expect at least the station logo like in other cars, and also the current programme/track details. I guess the it's going to be a case of waiting for upgrades.

Maybe I'll look for some other radio app as well.

Thanks all...
Don't worry @Irf - you're not losing it. I only get the bare minimum too. I listen to BBC 6music which is DAB only. Occassionally I get song info but it lags a few songs/days behind. And no logo.
Like you I'll try a different app.
Do we have an update on Carplay ?

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
250 Posts
Do you have traffic information via DAB or FM? If so, do you know how to set your favorite station for traffic info? Mine is tuned to a Dutch radio station (perhaps the strongest transmitter) whereas I used to receive it on a French-speaking radio.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Nor me, not for years. I just set Google off to where I'm going, and let it deal with it, even if it's a trip I know well.

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
695 Posts
Same - I have used Tomtom for years with Traffic and let it handle route changes to avoid issues

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nor me, not for years. I just set Google off to where I'm going, and let it deal with it, even if it's a trip I know well.
Same - I have used Tomtom for years with Traffic and let it handle route changes to avoid issues
Hmm, good point, I don't recall yet in my 2500miles in the P2 if Google maps has ever tried to re-route me due to traffic. I do recall seeing the traffic info on the road route colouring (in terms of red/amber/green). Then again I'm doing mostly small journeys and there's less traffic (and traffic jams) about in the last year of Covid.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,567 Posts
Hmm, good point, I don't recall yet in my 2500miles in the P2 if Google maps has ever tried to re-route me due to traffic. I do recall seeing the traffic info on the road route colouring (in terms of red/amber/green). Then again I'm doing mostly small journeys and there's less traffic (and traffic jams) about in the last year of Covid.
Ive had Google suggest different routes due to slowdowns etc it sees en route so presumably it is checking traffic info?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 midnight 19" no PP
18 Posts
I've found that sometimes the song names come up and sometimes not. When they do they are often so far behind as to be useless. That aside I find the DAB radio works quite well.

I hadn't investigated traffic information on the radio, I find it irritating and rarely useful, so by default I've always had it turned off anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts