Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Seems to be a "feature" of P1.7. Mine went all red at the same time just after the OTA. Checked pressures (no issues) and reset - no further issues since.

Registered
I'll chuck another one into the sample pot then.
I had exactly the same - all tyres going to red after the same point, this was right at the end of a journey. It was admittedly cold weather, but after 40 mins or so of quick(ish) back road driving I'd expect some temperature build up in the tyre.
I regularly check the pressures anyway, but stopped off at a friendly garage the next day who confirmed they were only a couple of psi out (likely equipment calibration rather than actual lost pressure).

Never had a murmur from the TPMS before now.

Registered
I, too, got a low pressure warning and all four tires were included in that warning. Got home and checked and sure enough, all four were about 5lbs low. Inflated them to the recommended pressure, reset the tire monitor and all has been good ever since. Not sure what caused all 4 to be low, but to be fair, I had not manually checked since delivery.

Registered
It would be pretty amazing if a software update actually let air out of the tires. :unsure: I never had all 4 indicators go red at once, but I do have a really slow leak in one tire - I lose about 5psi every couple weeks. I I check and air up all my tires every 10 days or so. I did notice that the other tires lose 1 or 2 psi in that same time frame. I wonder if the valves are perhaps a bit leaky. I guess I should check them.

I've always been in the habit of checking my air pressures regularly so I'll just continue that.

Registered
I think the point is that the software update seems to have made the TPMS more sensitive, and prone to flagging all tyres low when there may only be an insignificant difference.
This might very well be intentional from Polestar, reducing the tolerance on the TPMS to "improve" range.

Registered
I had the exact same warning right when I set of on a road trip a few weeks ago. After three hours of driving I checked the status and all four tires were red. The next morning I used the included pump to check the pressure (thanks @polerad) and all tires were indeed around 35 psi. I added air and all has been well since, although I have to admit I do not regularly check tire pressure. I'm annoyed the car does not even report a ballpark number for individual tire pressure because the was no warning before the warning. It was after the 1.7 update and a significant temperature drop to the 30s but over two hours at highway speed didn't change anything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts