Polestar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

One week into P2 ownership (well, lease-ship) and I've had one major problem, although it doesn't seem to be a regular P2 issue so thought I'd document here in case anyone else encounters it.

In short, the dash display fails to start when "starting" the car. Everything else works, the car drives, just no dash display - so no speedo/range data available. This occurs a little over 50% of the time.
When I first encountered it, roadside assistance was called, but by the time they arrived (c. 70mins) the car had obviously reset and the screen was back. The guy did offer to recover the car anyway, but I decided to hold off and see if it was a one-off (acutely aware that the alternative was recovery and a phonecall from the garage saying it was working...).

I can't find any other P2 owners complaining about this particular problem, but there does seem to be a rare issue on XC40s with digital dash displays which is similar, and results in a replacement of the DIM (Driver Information Module). Again, this issue appears early and intermittently and is purely a hardware fault.
Can anyone familiar with both P2 and XC40 confirm if it's likely the same part?

The car is to be recovered to the dealer today so hopefully it won't be away too long. I'll update here once there's any resolution.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update - the problem had predictably resolved itself by the time they looked at it, so I asked them to hold onto it and check every couple of hours.
Call today to say they hadn't seen the problem again since applying the latest software update so were bringing it back in 90mins - I was less than convinced.
Call again after an hour to say when they got in to bring it back the dash display was dead...

So now I'm getting a loaner XC90, approved for 30 days while they source parts (5-10 days from Sweden) and replace the DIM.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Good thing it happened while still at the shop rather than first try after being returned to you! Hope the replacement fixes the problem - I suspect it will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts