Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 42 days ago I posted about my car needing a new OBC (on-board charger). Talked with the service department at the Princeton dealer and main Polestar and all I have heard is that there is no estimate for when my car will be fixed. Supply chain issues and factory that makes the part closed are the reasons they give. I went from a fully loaded P2 to a loaner base P2.

Customer service has been both sympathetic and very unsympathetic at times. I have an open case now with Polestar (after one rep refused to open one or consider anything I had to say) They say they are looking into solutions. Right now there may be options such as them paying for my lease. I have made suggestions of giving me a replacement car matching the specs of mine or taking an OBC from another car and putting it into mine. No response yet on this.

Bottom line is that as of day 42 I am no further along than I was on day 1 with this problem. There is literally nobody at Polestar that has done anything about this. I am at a point where there may be no other way than to invoke Lemon Laws at this point and let the system handle this.

I'll keep this thread running as long as this issue remains. If you have any ideas on who to connect or what to do, please post.

123 Posts
So 42 days ago I posted about my car needing a new OBC (on-board charger). Talked with the service department at the Princeton dealer and main Polestar and all I have heard is that there is no estimate for when my car will be fixed. Supply chain issues and factory that makes the part closed are the reasons they give. I went from a fully loaded P2 to a loaner base P2.

Customer service has been both sympathetic and very unsympathetic at times. I have an open case now with Polestar (after one rep refused to open one or consider anything I had to say) They say they are looking into solutions. Right now there may be options such as them paying for my lease. I have made suggestions of giving me a replacement car matching the specs of mine or taking an OBC from another car and putting it into mine. No response yet on this.

Bottom line is that as of day 42 I am no further along than I was on day 1 with this problem. There is literally nobody at Polestar that has done anything about this. I am at a point where there may be no other way than to invoke Lemon Laws at this point and let the system handle this.

I'll keep this thread running as long as this issue remains. If you have any ideas on who to connect or what to do, please post.
That's really crappy, annoying, and depressing. Unfortunately this is the world we are living in. Let's hope it gets better.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I'd absolutely push for a like-for-like spec trade. They still advertise however many preconfigured cars available. they should give you one of your choice, as matched as possible to your original spec.

Reactions: pipestem

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd absolutely push for a like-for-like spec trade. They still advertise however many preconfigured cars available. they should give you one of your choice, as matched as possible to your original spec.
This was one of the suggestions that I gave them. So far I have yet to hear back on what they are going to do. Update from Princeton Polestar is that there is no update. Still unsure of when the part will arrive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am wondering how they are making new cars if they don't have the OBC's. That begs the questions why can't they just take one of those and put it in my car. I also suggested that to customer service. As mentioned above, still no action from them.

·
Registered
2022 LRSM Thunder/Slate/Plus/Hitch
714 Posts
If I had lemon law to my disposal, I would have already communicated it to them in writing, that unless they take a decisive action by a certain date with a provided and binding timeline, you are to set it off.

·
Registered
528 Posts
This was one of the suggestions that I gave them. So far I have yet to hear back on what they are going to do. Update from Princeton Polestar is that there is no update. Still unsure of when the part will arrive.
Let me know if you need a lemon law lawyer. I hired one for my car and while he wasn’t able to negotiate a return, he did get me a settlement.

My situation was bad, but not near as bad as yours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any updates? I'm concerned I'll be in a similar situation before long. I'm told my rear drive motor needs to be replaced and it's backordered with no ETA. I'm a few hours from the Space I leased from, so I'm currently in an ICE rental from Enterprise and not even a nice one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any updates? I'm concerned I'll be in a similar situation before long. I'm told my rear drive motor needs to be replaced and it's backordered with no ETA. I'm a few hours from the Space I leased from, so I'm currently in an ICE rental from Enterprise and not even a nice one.
Yes, a couple of updates from last week. My loaner base Polestar was replaced with a new loaner car that are the same specs as mine except for the color. I was told that they are paying one month payment (so far). I still don't have an ETA from them on the part. Based on my experience, here is my advice (I'm not a lawyer so this is just advice)
1) Tell them that you want a loaner with the same specs as your car
2) Call up your lease company (Volvo Finance) and tell them that you are not currently in your car and have no ETA on a replacement for a large part. As such, you won't be paying your lease until the part is replaced.
3) Tell the dealer this is sounding like a lemon law situation and research the lemon laws for your state. Hire an attorney at day 20 or so. This is free in my state.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, a couple of updates from last week. My loaner base Polestar was replaced with a new loaner car that are the same specs as mine except for the color. I was told that they are paying one month payment (so far). I still don't have an ETA from them on the part. Based on my experience, here is my advice (I'm not a lawyer so this is just advice)
2) Call up your lease company (Volvo Finance) and tell them that you are not currently in your car and have no ETA on a replacement for a large part. As such, you won't be paying your lease until the part is replaced.
3) Tell the dealer this is sounding like a lemon law situation and research the lemon laws for your state. Hire an attorney at day 20 or so. This is free in my state.
Extremely helpful. Thank you and best of luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Day 57- I received a loaner from the Princeton dealership that has the same specs as my car except the color. The space owner has been very nice. Unfortunately, still no update on when the part is coming in for my car. One thing that I have noticed is that Polestar's coordination among their suppliers, space owners, customer service, and finance and been almost non-existent. Communication has been difficult among them and therefore has created issues in communicating anything tangible to me. The lack of authority to make decisions on certain items that should be simple (e.g. waiver of lease payment, goodwill) has proven extremely challenging for them. These are very basic company policies and procedures that should exist in this company.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There goes your Lemon law claim. At least in Texas, Lemon Law can not be claimed if they gave you a comparable Loaner. Base version Polestar could have been qualified as NOT a comparable car but, if they gave you same spec loner as yours, Lemon Law will be very difficult if not impossible to claim.

On the other hand, supply issue are beyond their control and don't know how ethical it is to invoke Lemon Law if they are trying to do everything they can to help you out especially with the same spec Loaner they gave you.

I also believe that lease payments should be your responsibility sine you got the car you wanted as a loaner and also miles don't count towards yours.

Essentially there is no change for you.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Midnight w/ Pilot & Plus. Nappa Leather. X-Ice 19" for winter
81 Posts
supply issue are beyond their control and don't know how ethical it is to invoke Lemon Law
Even with European and Japanese cars, I've ALWAYS been able to find parts from dealers in the area. I bought the Polestar hoping that the use of Volvo parts would mean a better supply chain. I currently need a new windshield now and that is apparently a month away at best. I've been waiting on my rear seatbelts to be replaced for 3+ months.

Polestar needs to prioritize current cars maintenance. If they have parts to build new cars, they have parts to repair currently owned cars. I quite literally decided AGAINST Tesla because they have these problems and leave people without replacement parts for months.

Polestar should be building up replacement part inventory in each nation.

·
Registered
2022 LRSM Thunder/Slate/Plus/Hitch
714 Posts
Owner in me agrees with you, cynic in me says this the last thing they would do know, because as a new company/brand they need every new vehicle sale they can get, as their financial future directly depends on it. The market always rewards growth and new orders, before they value customer service and replacement parts … let Tesla be the striking proof of it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Polestar should be building up replacement part inventory in each nation.
That's demonstrably not their way of doing business.

We saw this clearly with the chip shortage and pixel lights. Many of us had orders in place that included pixel lights. But homologation in the USA meant tha only pixel lights could be used.

Instead of honouring the existing buyers contracts in EU and Australia, the China factory decided to give our lights to future sales in the USA.

We would think that unethical. But my Chinese students don't agree, they think that's good business.

At the time I was complaining about the pixel lights saga on this forum I pointed out that this was a company I could no longer trust to reliably supply spare parts because their (lack of ) ethics would dicate priority would always be to deliver new cars at the expense of existing customers.

What you guys and others are experiencing, VOR waiting months for parts is exactly what I predicted. ( I'm not that clever, I have seen it before from China)

In any case this is the exact reason I cancelled my order, and told them so at the highest levels.

Sorry for your troubles, but it's not going to be a temporary situation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There goes your Lemon law claim. At least in Texas, Lemon Law can not be claimed if they gave you a comparable Loaner. Base version Polestar could have been qualified as NOT a comparable car but, if they gave you same spec loner as yours, Lemon Law will be very difficult if not impossible to claim.

On the other hand, supply issue are beyond their control and don't know how ethical it is to invoke Lemon Law if they are trying to do everything they can to help you out especially with the same spec Loaner they gave you.

I also believe that lease payments should be your responsibility sine you got the car you wanted as a loaner and also miles don't count towards yours.

Essentially there is no change for you.
Not sure I agree with you on this one. Full spec loaner came to me after 2 months, not immediately. Supply chain issues are certainly within a company's control. A lack of preparedness should not be a customer's issue ever. I have worked with plenty of companies that would have never had a problem. For any company, especially a new one looking to get customers, customer service is paramount. For a customer out of their car for two months, you would start by paying for a minimum of 3 months of payments.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts