Polestar Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
As an update I got this from polestar today;

Hi Will,

Yes my apologies . I have discussed this with the rest of my aftersales team and members of technical who have stated there is no issue with leaving the vehicle plugged in for extended periods of time and that this will keep the vehicle topped up with no harm done.

I hope this eases that concern, apologies if previous information has been somewhat confusing.

Thank you
Katie
Polestar Team

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,516 Posts
Exactly what I would expect - they were spouting utter rubbish ("Don't leave it plugged in, it'll go flat" - seriously!?). This is sadly another example of clueless dealers making things up and presenting them as fact. It really makes me angry as it's insulting and misleading.

Anyway glad we actually have a sensible answer now :).

Reactions: KanedaKid and Mick

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I think, once we've had a couple of updates, our cars will be just fine off charger for weeks on end. In the meantime, though...

Reactions: miked and rgledhill

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nice silver lining for my situation. Enclosed shipment of the car. I'd bet that this is the longest tow due to a service issue in company history, and the fact that they are doing it this way is meaningful to me as a consumer.
Hope you get it back soon, in working order and re-delivered in a closed transporter ! As a comparison - and I still don't have my car - I wouldn't be surprised if they were to truck mine back all the way from Vancouver to Halifax (were it came from on a truck) to put put the wheels on they forgot to put on in the beginning. It's a very sarcastic hint to what's happening, but not far from the truth... More about that when the ordeal is all over and done with, but there's so much going wrong and it must be costing them so much money which I hope they budgeted for to get a good name establlished... (growing pains).

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think, once we've had a couple of updates, our cars will be just fine off charger for weeks on end. In the meantime, though...
Not yet had an issue. Car was off the charger and garaged over Christmas for a couple of weeks. No issues, and no loss of charge that I could see.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice silver lining for my situation. Enclosed shipment of the car. I'd bet that this is the longest tow due to a service issue in company history, and the fact that they are doing it this way is meaningful to me as a consumer.
Is Polestar covering the cost?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts