Polestar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am in the process of selecting my next company vehicle. Like most in my position, the tax benefits make the Polestar 2 a very attractive offer, particularly as the Lease company that we use are doing an amazing deal on the car at the moment (less than £200) and over £35 cheaper than a Model 3 SR+.

I average about 20 - 23k miles a year, mix of town/city and motorway and I have 3 questions really:

1. Are there any other company car drivers out there who have taken a plunge that do similar mileage?
2. Are the horror stories as bad as they sound?
3. Is the deal to good to be true? :)

Now the other stalling issue for me is that i have not driven a Polestar 2 yet, primarily as test drive opportunities have been a few hundred miles away but i have driven a Model 3 and did enjoy the experience. Practically, the Polestar would be the better option but would like to get a feel for the car before committing for the next 3 years.

Your thoughts are very most welcome.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
659 Posts
Hi,

I am in the process of selecting my next company vehicle. Like most in my position, the tax benefits make the Polestar 2 a very attractive offer, particularly as the Lease company that we use are doing an amazing deal on the car at the moment (less than £200) and over £35 cheaper than a Model 3 SR+.

I average about 20 - 23k miles a year, mix of town/city and motorway and I have 3 questions really:

1. Are there any other company car drivers out there who have taken a plunge that do similar mileage?

Now the other stalling issue for me is that i have not driven a Polestar 2 yet, primarily as test drive opportunities have been a few hundred miles away but i have driven a Model 3 and did enjoy the experience. Practically, the Polestar would be the better option but would like to get a feel for the car before committing for the next 3 years.

Welcome!
Probably too good to be true.
Less than £200/month is unheard of.
Unless they want £15k up front!

·
Registered
157 Posts
It depends on how you do the mileage.
If you are doing long journeys with a few stops then it could be ok. Are you able to charge where you go and do you set off from home (ie fully charged in the morning)? This can greatly affect the decision as you may only get 180 miles at motorway speeds, assuming you don't let the battery get too low.
I have never driven a Tesla but understand that the P2 is quieter inside than a T3 and for me the interior is nicer and it is a 5 door.
I have an early car which has just had the recall work done, before it broke down due to one of the recall problems I had no issues and hopefully now repairs done it can only get better. The car itself is great.
With that sort of mileage pa I would be very surprised at the rate quoted, unless as Dave says a very high deposit. Get it in writing quick!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,

Welcome, you're in the right place.
@dave is right, that price is likely to be available if you swear not to drive more than 10 miles a year and keep the car for ten years.
Answers:
1. Yes, me and many others.
2. What horror stories, people always vent on Forums and rarely praise, the quiet majority remain unheard.
3. See above.
I hadn't seen or driven one until mine was delivered last Friday afternoon. I have been very pleased with the quality, the amazing speed and the overall refinement. Previously, I rented a Tesla Model 3SR+ for three months, and I'm left feeling it's an unfinished car. Personally I couldn't live with the panel gaps, lack of quality and sheer go-kart brashness of the TM3. The P2 is totally different, it's a quality car, from a proven heritage, even though it is new, it feels like a grown up version.
Since receiving at least one colleague will be ordering a P2 and everywhere I take it, it gets admiring looks and comments.
Go ahead you won't regret it :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ditto above re quality and quality feel of the P2, it's a brilliant car. For context, I sold a Range Rover to buy my P2 and have not regretted it for a minute - but I now do much less mileage than I used to. The interior is dimensions better than a Tesla M3.

But, do pay close attention to your mileage usage. In the current UK winter the range is much less and as others have said, you may well find the range 150-180 miles with a heavy right foot. If you rarely do more than this in a day then it's a great car. If you do more (and on motorways) then I would think twice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies and advice.

The price I have been quoted is good and is after my company pays a contribution to the lease, therefore I would be paying a tad under £190 a month over 3 years or £160 over 4 years, although I do not want to enter another 4 year lease agreement. With zero BIK it makes it a very cheap and attractive option.

I can charge the car each night on my drive and is a mix of motorway and town (probably 30/70) driving.

Yet another question for you current owners, rear seat passenger space, is it on par with the Volvo XC40 or larger???

Thanks again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for your replies and advice.

The price I have been quoted is good and is after my company pays a contribution to the lease, therefore I would be paying a tad under £190 a month over 3 years or £160 over 4 years, although I do not want to enter another 4 year lease agreement. With zero BIK it makes it a very cheap and attractive option.

I can charge the car each night on my drive and is a mix of motorway and town (probably 30/70) driving.

Yet another question for you current owners, rear seat passenger space, is it on par with the Volvo XC40 or larger???

Thanks again.
I've just gone through this process and pulled the trigger on the P2. Having driven the TM3 then immediately taking a BMW 330e on a 24 hour test drive, the 330e smacked me across the head with how important interior "feel" is top 1/2 of importance to my car so the P2 seemed like the perfect balance between those two cars. Given I've never actually been in one or even a modern volvo for that matter.

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have booked myself in for a test drive next month at Farnborough. The deal I have on the table at the moment is

• 24 months @ £225 per month.
  • 36 months @ £197 per month.
  • 48 months @ £165 per month.

With zero BIK for now and being my first EV I am tempted to stick with 24 months, with a potential to extend to 36 if I can live with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I have booked myself in for a test drive next month at Farnborough. The deal I have on the table at the moment is

With zero BIK for now and being my first EV I am tempted to stick with 24 months, with a potential to extend to 36 if I can live with it.
That surely can't be the total monthly cost?! Or is that your cost post employer contribution?

·
Registered
157 Posts

Bet you go for 36 months after test drive, you will live with it! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts

How did you book a test drive? Polestar website says none operating at present. Is there some backdoor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I visited my local Volvo dealer this morning, got to sit in the rear of a Volvo XC40. Does the Polestar 2 have the same amount of legroom in the rear? Having 2 teenage children and a younger child who still uses a car seat, I was concerned that it may be a bit tight in the rear.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
883 Posts
I visited my local Volvo dealer this morning, got to sit in the rear of a Volvo XC40. Does the Polestar 2 have the same amount of legroom in the rear? Having 2 teenage children and a younger child who still uses a car seat, I was concerned that it may be a bit tight in the rear.
Subjectively I don’t think there’s that much difference. The XC40 feels a bit bigger in the back but I think that’s mainly head space. Width might be an inch wider? Leg space felt fine in both - but we’re not the biggest folks!

I tested to see if we could fit two car seats (in the middle and side) and a parent/grandparent on the side and was satisfied we could make that happen (snugly).
our usual configuration is parents up front and 2 car seats on the sides.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts