Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else affected by delays to deliveries? My car was due for delivery on 3rd December according to the invoice (alternatively “in December“ or “in January 2021” on other documents). I have found it impossible to get any meaningful information out of Customer Services. Eventually they have told me that delivery is delayed and they will try to find out why. Unfortunately (they say), they have no access to tracking information.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Oh dear, that's almost certainly a problem with your specific car. Quite a few deliveries have gone through fine to owners both here and on Facebook. However remember that if the invoice you're referring to is the one you can download from the orders page, the "Estimated delivery date" relates to the date it should arrive in the UK, not the delivery date to you, which is typically about 2 weeks afterwards (roughly). If you're doing it through a lease company then you might as well throw grass up in the air to see where it lands to find an actual delivery date!

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
One thing that happened to someone else on here was that their car seems to have been damaged in transit or found to have a problem and their original VIN vanished from the system which resulted in CS not being able to locate it. A few days later he had a newer VIN allocated (from the same boat thankfully) at which point CS were able to track it again. Perhaps the same has happened here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing that happened to someone else on here was that their car seems to have been damaged in transit or found to have a problem and their original VIN vanished from the system which resulted in CS not being able to locate it. A few days later he had a newer VIN allocated (from the same boat thankfully) at which point CS were able to track it again. Perhaps the same has happened here?
Thanks. Maybe that’s the case because apparently it was on a ferry out of Zeebrugge last Friday but by yesterday it was back in Zeebrugge and today they can’t tell me where it is.

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Sounds very likely then. Keep watching your Orders page as you may well find the VIN suddenly changes!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe not in this case, but the current delays in cross Channel shipping (caused by excessive pre Christmas and pre Brexit demand) will presumably effect some deliveries over the next few weeks ☹.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Interesting that you all are able to track VIN numbers. I'm in the US, and no such VIN numbers show up anywhere on the orders page, even though I ordered back on Nov 14, have gotten emails telling me that car has landed in port, have financing/leasing finished, estimated delivery in December 2020, etc. Any other US buyers been given a VIN number yet?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Interesting that you all are able to track VIN numbers. I'm in the US, and no such VIN numbers show up anywhere on the orders page, even though I ordered back on Nov 14, have gotten emails telling me that car has landed in port, have financing/leasing finished, estimated delivery in December 2020, etc. Any other US buyers been given a VIN number yet?
The only way to find out is through calling CS or the Space. it won't be on the website.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Not yet. Given that everyone in the UK seems to know theirs, I'm guessing it's a legal requirement there or something 🤔

That's amazing that you ordered in mid-Nov and it's already here. They must be shipping builds they think will be popular before they are actually reserved, as I don't think it's possible to build a car and ship it here in 3 weeks! I ordered in Sep and mine only arrived at the beginning of Dec, but still at the port.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
From what I understand, Polestar North America holds back the VIN numbers until late in the process so that they can swap cars as needed without generating confusion and extra bureaucracy. I've been given a VIN number because I'm in the late stages here, working through paperwork and registration, and a specific car is apparently on deck in NYC.

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Is anyone else affected by delays to deliveries? My car was due for delivery on 3rd December according to the invoice (alternatively “in December“ or “in January 2021” on other documents). I have found it impossible to get any meaningful information out of Customer Services. Eventually they have told me that delivery is delayed and they will try to find out why. Unfortunately (they say), they have no access to tracking information.
Hi I just seen a email from Polestar saying they have a limited supply of P2 for delivery early January so am surprised there is a delay with the car still, mine was due December and now January 😐

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not yet. Given that everyone in the UK seems to know theirs, I'm guessing it's a legal requirement there or something 🤔

That's amazing that you ordered in mid-Nov and it's already here. They must be shipping builds they think will be popular before they are actually reserved, as I don't think it's possible to build a car and ship it here in 3 weeks! I ordered in Sep and mine only arrived at the beginning of Dec, but still at the port.
I think it's just that we need our VIN to qualify for the government grant to get £350 off the cost of the charger installation...and we would ideally want that to happen before the car arrives :)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I think it's just that we need our VIN to qualify for the government grant to get £350 off the cost of the charger installation...and we would ideally want that to happen before the car arrives :)
I never did ... I think if you get the install via the Charger Supplier then you might, however I used an OLEV approved Electrician from the government list, and they brought the charger for me an did the install with the grant already applied to the final cost.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Interestingly a friend said he saw about 10 P*2 in the Reading Volvo dealership today. Can only speculate why there were so many gathered in the same place. Mass recall work on new cars?

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Apparently that's where a lot of the fixes and recall work is being done on cars before being delivered, yes. Those could also be the "pre-configured" cars as there are about a dozen now on the website.

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Hi all have just got a delivery date of 15th Jan for me P2 Moon, have questioned the proformer as it did not reflect the deposit and the fact I had to tick the “I have insurance box” to enable me to proceed and confirm date, which is strange as I can’t get insurance until I have Reg no (2-3 days before deliver) it has been a while since I have had a new car so presume this is normal now,
any know how I can change my displayed name in my profile 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
You can get insurance based on the VIN, so that should be fine. You can also contact Customer Services (web chat works well) and they will offer you a choice of registration plates.

I don't think you can change your profile name but if you send me a message with the display name you'd like, I can try and do it for you if that helps?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts