Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been sitting with the delivery date of 22/12/20 for at least a couple weeks and rearranged everything for it.
Even got confirmation again yesterday only for this to be changed to 30/12/20, today.
I’m really not happy about this.
Anything I can do??

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
Been sitting with the delivery date of 22/12/20 for at least a couple weeks and rearranged everything for it.
Even got confirmation again yesterday only for this to be changed to 30/12/20, today.
I’m really not happy about this.
Anything I can do??
Keep your fingers crossed this is the only problem you have.
You’ll feel less annoyed tomorrow.
It’s been a bumpy ride for most of us. Hopefully you won’t care about the extra wait within a minute of your first drive.
Have you spoken with CS?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet as it’s all shut.
How can they properly confirm it then suddenly delay it by more than a week?
That date involved lots of changing of plans and work coverage then to be told it’s cancelled with less than 48hours notice, I think is simply unacceptable.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Given the way things are with Covid at the moment I'm not at all surprised that there will be changes.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Remember 30th December is the date for the next review of the Tiers. Bicester is Tier 2 but perhaps you are in Tier 4 maybe?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now found out that the car delivery was changed due to “recall” work. I find that strange given the short notice and the previous recall work that was to be undertaken.
However, Polestar are providing me with a hire car and a buyagift gift voucher, as an apology.
Ive accepted this.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
015xxx

what will that tell you?
I was surprised your car needed recall work done and wondered if you had a low VIN number (which would have explained it, I think). Your VIN number is pretty high, so there goes that theory!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was my thoughts as they’d told me previously they were doing recall work. Then all of a sudden more recall work.
I smell sh* t e.

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
They're telling you porkies. I have a VIN of 150xx and there's no recall work needed on it. I've not heard of any car north of 8xxx needing recall work. Smells more like fixing car damage to me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Given whats goin on in the country, the ports and brexit, I will be amazed of theer aren't delays for anyone receiving before end Jan. I have zero expectation that my 'end' july date will be met so will just see how it goes..

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
94 Posts
Bophopper - Strap yourself in and get ready for the Polestar CS lack of information, no one taking ownership of the problem and just all-round poor customer service ride. Oh and prepare yourself for some BS statements along the way

My planned delivery was 01.12.20. I had two-day notice that it was cancelled (damaged car). I still don't have my car and all I currently have a is a vague promise of early next year (I've had a few promises they haven't met already).

No one can put a date on parts arriving, where they are in the supply chain. The last excuse I got was the border problems. What this has to do with parts that have been needed for nearly 4 weeks I fail to grasp (BS). They wanted to appear separate to Volvo. Well, they certainly have the organisational and logistical setup of a new start-up, not that of a legacy carmaker, so well done Polestar objective achieved.

They dropped off an XC60 loan car but after I complained I was sold the electric dream and yet they have given me a 25mpg gas guzzler they swapped it for XC60 PHEV. Not much better.

Good luck and I truly hope you fare better than me. I'm just warning you to set your expectations accordingly

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
To be fair, they are dealing with an impossible situation at the moment. Everything went smoothly for me apart from a couple of days' delay on delivery due to a delivery driver suffering a bereavement in the family. Communication was smooth and accurate throughout. Can't complain! So all I'm saying is it's not all bad but you will have to give them a bit of slack for waiting to see what happens over the complete mess caused by Brexit (a.k.a. the stupidest idea since someone suggested Trump run for president) and COVID. I'm sure they're doing all they can.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have just received an updated final docusign e mail and my delivery date has gone from 8th Jan pm to a new estimated date of Feb 21. Hope its wrong as I have arranged to sell my XC40 first week in Jan !!!

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
94 Posts
I have just received an updated final docusign e mail and my delivery date has gone from 8th Jan pm to a new estimated date of Feb 21. Hope its wrong as I have arranged to sell my XC40 first week in Jan !!!
Make sure you let them know that you will be without a car because of their delay. They arranged a loan car (an XC60) for me and I have spoken to at least three other on here who got the same.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts