Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add any items here that you find wrong on delivery so we can compile a list for the next person to go through.

First one is no surprise..... Piano Black!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Add any items here that you find wrong on delivery so we can compile a list for the next person to go through.

First one is no surprise..... Piano Black!
I wouldn't call this something wrong on delivery. It's more of a design feature that some may not like, or that may not wear well. But it's not broken.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't call this something wrong on delivery. It's more of a design feature that some may not like, or that may not wear well. But it's not broken.
I'm not going to accept scratched Piano Black ... I'll accept the car if that's the only wrong thing, but I want my centre console perfect before I wrap it ... they will be replacing it if scratched like that!

In addition a 2nd delivery today on facebook ... same thing ... although not as bad. I hope that they learn FAST to stop doing whatever is causing the scratches - I suspect someone using the wrong type of cloth to clean up the plastic film coating it probably had on it. How hard it to use a clean microfiber cloth?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'm not going to accept scratched Piano Black ... I'll accept the car if that's the only wrong thing, but I want my centre console perfect before I wrap it ... they will be replacing it if scratched like that!

In addition a 2nd delivery today on facebook ... same thing ... although not as bad. I hope that they learn FAST to stop doing whatever is causing the scratches - I suspect someone using the wrong type of cloth to clean up the plastic film coating it probably had on it. How hard it to use a clean microfiber cloth?
Ah! Didn't realize the scratches were not yours. I thought it was just an issue with not liking the reflectivity. I would not accept delivery in that condition and I'm surprised they didn't find it beforehand. Relatively minor, but definitely not good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ouch that does not look good for a 60k brand new car. They should replace it. We have a car for over a month that has piano black inside ( i don't even wanna start of what in the heck possesed all car manufacturers in 2020 to include that.... ) but it is not scratched at all...

How do you plan to wrap yours? Are you sure these parts are easy to remove?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ouch that does not look good for a 60k brand new car.
£40k or do you mean 60k Euro's?

They should replace it.
They are.

How do you plan to wrap yours? Are you sure these parts are easy to remove?
If a good wrap then a little heat (like a hair dyer) ... if a cheap wrap then heat + clean up afterwards.

Note: Glue degrades after 3 years so replace every 3 years.

·
Registered
621 Posts

They are.

If a good wrap then a little heat (like a hair dyer) ... if a cheap wrap then heat + clean up afterwards.

Do we have an idea for how easy it is to pop the trim piece off and then put it back on? Same for the steering wheels buttons?
Is this something I could do myself or really should be taken to someone who has the tools etc?

I'm probably going to also peel off the stickers on the front doors indicating model 2, motor power, etc

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
I'm probably going to also peel off the stickers on the front doors indicating model 2, motor power, etc
Though I debadged my previous car, I think I'll keep those stickers. I kinda like 'em.

Reactions: SA69-ev

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do we have an idea for how easy it is to pop the trim piece off and then put it back on? Same for the steering wheels buttons?
No idea, I would assume if you have the tool it's easy. But why not just wrap it?

As for the steering wheel buttons, why do you want to remove them? Piano black on buttons are fine as it's only thumbs and they don't scratch. PB only scratches have flat surfaces where you put keys down, etc.. or where your rings might go .... Thumbs ... very rare these scratch.

Is this something I could do myself or really should be taken to someone who has the tools etc?
Tools - if you have them or buy them then easy. If not then hard normally.

Hairdryer on them to make them more compliant. Needs to be very warm.

·
Registered
50 Posts

They are.

Yeah 60k Euro.

I have wrapped things before but that panel you are showing seems like a proper hassle to remove to wrap and you cannot properly wrap it while sitting there. And i do not want it to look like a clown-wrap in a brand new car because i cannot remove the part... :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Once the truck arrives at your delivery location....how long does the delivery process take from those who have been lucky enough to get theirs??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Once the truck arrives at your delivery location....how long does the delivery process take from those who have been lucky enough to get theirs??
Took around an hour. Unload the car, look around it. Then sit in it and connect your google account to the car. This does need you to have access to your google account so that you can approve the new login. (This might just be me as I use 2FA, which causes extra steps to occur when logging into a new device). The delivery driver will ensure you understand some of the important settings on the car, (radio), creep mode, regenerative braking. You will be asked to sign an electronic document emailed to you, to confirm delivery. For me, this occurred on the side of a busy main road as not sure the delivery vehicle would be able to get into our drive. I was phoned about 30 minutes before delivery.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts