Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2022 P2, Snow, Plus Pack, Charcoal
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I just ordered a polestar 2 on finance (snow, plus, LR dual motor) three days ago. It said October 2021 for delivery -- and they confirmed on the phone that this is not expected to shift. 3 days later, I've just noticed it now says December 2021, with no notification given to me.

Is this something others have experienced? Seems like a ploy to make you order thinking swift delivery, and then adding on delays immediately once you've placed the order.

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
294 Posts
This is exactly what I'm worried about. Could the reason be chip shortage?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Configuring the same car on the website, it stills says October. Which is why this feels so dishonest to me. I spoke to Polestar and they told me that the date won't slip past December now, and the website shouldn't be showing October so they have forwarded my feedback to the team. Let's see if that gets changed -- that'll tell us whether or not this is on purpose.

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
294 Posts
Configuring the same car on the website, it stills says October. Which is why this feels so dishonest to me. I spoke to Polestar and they told me that the date won't slip past December now, and the website shouldn't be showing October so they have forwarded my feedback to the team. Let's see if that gets changed -- that'll tell us whether or not this is on purpose.
Thanks! December sounds far more realistic to me. That makes me think that the best plan is to place the order some time around the middle of next month and hope that the car arrives some time in January or February.

Please do post back here if your delivery date is pushed further back!

·
Registered
182 Posts
October from ordering now is totally unrealistic to me, and it annoys me that Polestar's website just isn't reflective of their actual delivery times. I can only assume the person on the phone was getting their info from the same place.

A few of us ordered in May and are expected to receive in October. The website said September when I ordered, and continued to say September for quite a while even when my own delivery date slipped.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
October from ordering now is totally unrealistic to me, and it annoys me that Polestar's website just isn't reflective of their actual delivery times. I can only assume the person on the phone was getting their info from the same place.

A few of us ordered in May and are expected to receive in October. The website said September when I ordered, and continued to say September for quite a while even when my own delivery date slipped.
At least your timeline lines up with my new July > December timeline. It just feels very dishonest of them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Chatted again with support and they "confirmed" the October estimate from the website, but also said they would double-check and get back to me. I have just received the usual "no answer" answer:
Quote:
"I have checked delivery times for Polestar 2. You will be given an estimated delivery time when you place your order. About two weeks before delivery, you will be contacted by our handover team, who will agree a date with you.

If you would like a Polestar 2 with shorter delivery time, we recommend that you look at our pre-configured cars..."

In other words I am not allowed to tell you anything you can't see on the bullshit ordering website.

·
Registered
On Order 2022 LR Midnight, Pilot+Plus+Nappa+tow 19" no-pp
37 Posts
I experienced the same, October on the website and October from the people at the Polestar place in Milton Keynes, a few days after placing my order it went to November and on the chat it was end of November. I would have liked to known I have to make my old car last a bit longer than I anticipated. Nothing available in the UK pre-configured at the moment just a couple of used ones none of which look like the Spec I want. Given the spend/effort on marketing they are making it all seems a bit of joke if they can't supply.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just chatted again with support and they "confirmed" the October estimate from the website, but also said they would double-check and get back to me.

Feels like their support personnel are either as in the dark as we are, or have been instructed not to share any real information.
Chat support told me that my delivery was now early December, as his system showed that. So they do have more info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's pretty rough. I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Said October at order but when I submitted jumped to September. From what I can tell on here, I will not hold my breath.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agreed, don’t hold your breath unfortunately. Ordered single motor long range, order was confirmed first week of May. Informed today delivery late October now and that’s without any more delays. And that update was from myself checking the account every few days, no direct contact to advise of another delay. Fingers crossed, keep the faith! Somehow………

·
Super Moderator
1,599 Posts
Welcome to 2020. You might reasonably think that they would have this sorted out now given it's been a full twelve months since the first deliveries, but no, it's still a farce.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well they do have two extra excuses this year, as the chip shortage is affecting almost all automakers and deliveries of anything produced in China are uncertain due to port slow-downs and closures.

My MY2022 snow, leather, dual-motor, plus, pilot, tow-hitch order from last Friday is still showing October delivery so far.

·
Super Moderator
1,599 Posts
Sorry but you're confusing two things....

Those are excuses for a potential late delivery of the vehicle.

They are not excuses for completely crap communication and failing to keep customers informed.

·
Registered
294 Posts
True, but to be fair, nearly all manufacturers are playing the same game. Polestar is not alone.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll post here if they give any updates on the delivery estimate. So far it does seem that you Brits have suffered the worst of the delays.

·
Super Moderator
1,599 Posts
No-one knows if there are even any delays though - I think that's the main problem. There might not even be any...

A year on and you still can't ask and get a straight answer - that's what's frustrating people.

·
Registered
294 Posts
We probably brought it on ourselves. We didn't really make import/export easy recently did we.
At the risk of being political, and as an ex-Brit: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Conductor71
1 - 20 of 91 Posts