Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
On Order 2022 LR Midnight, Pilot+Plus+Nappa+tow 19" no-pp
37 Posts
Perhaps it's a UK problem I'm certainly in the shifting sand delivery date. Placed order mid July, with October, a week after placing happened to check then went to Nov, over the chat said firm, checked again a week or two later and bang December. Over the chat seemed to say certainly by the end of December. I was tempted to ask if they got Santa doing deliveries as we at least stand a chance of making one firm date. I did gripe on both occasions about the fact things are moving is one thing the failure to communicate was the thing that annoyed me the most.

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
306 Posts
I agree that failure to communicate, or being given false positives is the most irritating issue, as one can't plan. The few threads I have found on Norwegian dates suggest that we are luckier here, but I have found C/S to be quite slippery in their replies. Lack of direct answers destroys trust, which is why I didn't dare wait longer before placing my order.

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
306 Posts
10 days in and my order still showing as October.

·
Registered
P*2 2022, Midnight/Charcoal, Long Range Dual-Motor, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
19 Posts
@Learnincurve and @Sogning, I think you both are in the pre-confirmation step (I think it might be due to the 14 return policy we have in Norway) . 14 days after placing the order I got an email and the order page changed and I was able to add more information/change finance etc. If you cannot see the VIN-number field, then you are not on this step yet.

When I got to that step, my estimate moved from October to November. Later, it moved back to October but is back to November now.

Interested to hear if you are at that step and what your estimates are when you get to that step.

·
Registered
306 Posts
@Learnincurve and @Sogning, I think you both are in the pre-confirmation step (I think it might be due to the 14 return policy we have in Norway) . 14 days after placing the order I got an email and the order page changed and I was able to add more information/change finance etc. If you cannot see the VIN-number field, then you are not on this step yet.

When I got to that step, my estimate moved from October to November. Later, it moved back to October but is back to November now.

Interested to hear if you are at that step and what your estimates are when you get to that step.
No VIN-number and only 11 days in, so will be interesting to see what changes in another 3 days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No VIN-number for me yet either, 18 days after ordering date. But got a mail and the order page changed 14 days after I placed the order, like you @matti did.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've only just received my VIN and I ordered at the end of May, if that's worth anything. I'm through a 3rd party finance company though, and no idea if this timeframe tracks with others' experiences.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My delivery date is still displaying as October (not surprising as I still haven't passed the 14-day mark), but I notice that the expected date after configuration on the Norwegian site has now jumped to December.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Sogning, Not surprised about that. I placed my order in the middle of July and that was moved to November. What spec did you order?

@Learnincurve, I was playing around in the configurator yesterday and saw it said October 2020 so I think they were working on it around that time. I checked it now and I see what you see, but only on the dual motor option. SR and LR single motor still show October 2021, which makes me wonder if they currently have the assembly lines set up for single motor production.

Anyhow, I am not surprised that there are delays. Most other car manufacturers are experiencing it. I know a couple of people that have ordered EVs and they have experienced the same; A Tesla M3 with expected delivery in June did not arrive until this week. An E-tron order around the middle of July as just been delayed without a new estimate but with wording that indicates over the new year. I just hope our P* 2 orders are not delayed any further.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Midnight blue, long range dual motor, charcoal weave tech with black ash deco, pilot, plus and some extra accessories. I was on the phone today talking to a very polite customer service woman, and she told me my car was almost ready and soon to be shipped to Norway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Signing, sounds like you stole my config. The only thing missing is the trailer hook, did you have that as well?

Given that your car is almost ready and you ordered 18 days ago, it sounds like should also be ready soon. Maybe I will have a call with customer service and check myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hehe, sorry!😬 No, no trailer hook. I,ve never ever needed a trailer hook before, so i skipped it. I’ve read somewhere that shipping takes a month and sometimes even more, so patience is a key word also for me, I guess…

·
Registered
14 Posts
This morning I got a mail telling me that I now could sign the contract - wich I off course did right away. I also confirmed that I want the free Polestar insurance for 30 days. I feel my Polestar is getting closer!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had my 14 day confirmation mail yesterday. New parts of the form have opened up, but no VIN yet and no change to delivery date.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Sogning, same here. Just signed the contract. I think this means that the cars are confirmed to be on one of the next boats to Europe. The email indicated that the next step is transportation, and since we both got the email this morning it sounds like a set of cars is now confirmed to be outbound soon!

I talked with CS yesterday and they confirmed to me that the delay was only early November (but no guarantee that it would not be delayed any further). They also confirmed to me that the car will be shipped to a port in Europe before switching boat heading for Norway.

@Learnincurve, given this, I am wondering if your car goes in production soon and if it will be able to be shipped at the same time as our cars. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
306 Posts
European cars (including Norway) are prepped in Belgium, so I think all our cars will be shipped there first. I hope your cars arrive before mine. I have noted on the order that I would like to take delivery from December and on. @Sogning @matti Good luck with your deliveries! I'm following with great interest.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think it's everything from removing the transportation packaging, mounting loose parts (maybe even including the tow hitch??) final QC and, controversially, washing the car, which I would rather leave to my detailer.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts