Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
306 Posts
Great news @matti,
The waiting time I have used to buy, and install Ismartgate lite, so I no longer need homelink. Works very well! Now I am able to open and close the garage door using my apple watch & Siri, pretty sure I will make it work with google assistant in my Polestar 2 as well. Thus, homelink is superfluous for me.

I think I can even automate the function so that the garage door opens automatically when I approach the garage in my Polestar 2. If that is something I want.
I'm in two minds about doing this, as I'm not sure I want to have to bark commands whenever I want to open the garage. I'd be very wary about automating too, as there are times I arrive home and specifically don't want to drive into the garage, not to mention the question of how google knows whether the car is approaching or already in the garage?

One possibility, if the car supports it, is to use google assistant routines, which would give us a shortcut on the home screen. I think I could live with that. Otherwise it's double sided tape and finding a place to stick my Hörmann remote, which I don't want to do either.

Do let us know how you get on with Ismartgate lite!

·
Registered
2021 P2, Magnesium/Charcoal, non-pp, 19"
192 Posts
For handover in Bergen, I am not sure if there is a separate boat or if they are transported by truck from Drammen.
My car arrived in Drammen and where transported to Bergen, and how long time that takes depends on how long to fill a truck I guess, for me it was about 2 weeks before it got to Bergen, and then a some more days before I received the car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pre-configured cars vs. factory order; if you can match a spec that is already on its way (or even in the country) you can get much quicker!
Oh yes I know. Some are nearly what I want but for example have 20" rims instead of the default 19" :-/ (more expensive tire, less confort on road). I wonder if they could swap the rims between the cars 🙃

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
306 Posts
Just got the order and finance confirmation mail and fields unlocked in the order page.

Have confirmed and signed up for the 30 day free insurance. No change to delivery estimation (still January).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I'm new here ;) I just ordered P2 3 days ago. Delivery time is on February 22. I tried to send PM to @Learnincurve but I can not because I'm new user here. I will ask here then.

Can I ask which detailer in Stavanger will You use for your Polestar 2? What are You planning to do? Foil + keramik? What is cost for Polestar 2 and how long it will hold on the car?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hello, I'm new here ;) I just ordered P2 3 days ago. Delivery time is on February 22. I tried to send PM to @Learnincurve but I can not because I'm new user here. I will ask here then.

Can I ask which detailer in Stavanger will You use for your Polestar 2? What are You planning to do? Foil + keramik? What is cost for Polestar 2 and how long it will hold on the car?
PM sent

·
Registered
306 Posts
My car has been loaded onto a ship. Would be great if I could identify which one, but guess that's not going to happen.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nice. Mine is not even processed and delivery time is on February
Yeah. It takes some time. Those first few weeks, before production are frustrating.
Ordered 13/08, built between 22-24/09, waiting for ship until now. Best guess is that it left Lianyungang on the "Toledo" on 11/10. If that is true it should be in Zeebrugge on 09/11. Allow a couple of weeks for completion and another 2-3 for shipping to Norway and it brings us to just before Christmas.

Hopefully I can collect the car early January, leaving time for detailing so I can cancel my current lease before my February payment is due.

Reactions: Konrado

·
Registered
On Order 2022 LR Midnight, Pilot+Plus+Nappa+tow 19" no-pp
37 Posts
@Learnincurve Are you sure they are coming from Lianyungang and not Shanghai? I've been trying to work it out. I ordered in July, best I can work out car was manufactured ~21 August and I've had an email to say it was shipped and is in-transit (Nice picture of cars on ship). I think it must of made it to Zeebruge by now. But CS when asked just say it's in-transit ... Tried several times. But have no data on where. I've pretty much given up now, it comes when it comes.
But date has moved out to Mid to late November from 21st October. Total nightmare to plan anything...

·
Registered
2022 P2, Snow, Plus Pack, Charcoal
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
@Learnincurve Are you sure they are coming from Lianyungang and not Shanghai? I've been trying to work it out. I ordered in July, best I can work out car was manufactured ~21 August and I've had an email to say it was shipped and is in-transit (Nice picture of cars on ship). I think it must of made it to Zeebruge by now. But CS when asked just say it's in-transit ... Tried several times. But have no data on where. I've pretty much given up now, it comes when it comes.
But date has moved out to Mid to late November from 21st October. Total nightmare to plan anything...
Sounds like we may have the same boat. If you keep asking CS, eventually someone confirms shipping day. Depends who you get. Polestar have told me on two occasions now that it’ll land in UK 16th October. Left Belgium 9th. We have the same timeline so I imagine same boat…?

·
Registered
On Order 2022 LR Midnight, Pilot+Plus+Nappa+tow 19" no-pp
37 Posts
Sounds like we may have the same boat. If you keep asking CS, eventually someone confirms shipping day. Depends who you get. Polestar have told me on two occasions now that it’ll land in UK 16th October. Left Belgium 9th. We have the same timeline so I imagine same boat…?
That would be great news (16th).. Perhaps we should form a tag team and try and wear them down:cool:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nor sure which dock mine is shipping from, but nothing from Shanghai this month before the 26th, so timeline from Lianyungang fits better. I can try pestering C/S tomorrow. With Christmas coming, I figure there are just too many variables to guessing a delivery date, even if we know the Zeebrugge arrival day.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm in the happy position of having quite a flexible return window on my lease car, so exact delivery only really important for booking the detailer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
... on closer look, the car could also be on "Themis" from Shanghai on 08/10, arriving 6 days after "Toledo" on 15/11.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Contacted C/S, who know absolutely nothing. Seems like they are working from a padded cell, with no access to any internal data 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Konrado

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
This morning I just received the reg and asked to pay deposit and sign lease contract. I was expecting it to land in UK tomorrow, so that's earlier than I thought. How long from signing until delivery, typically?

·
Registered
7 Posts
This morning I just received the reg and asked to pay deposit and sign lease contract. I was expecting it to land in UK tomorrow, so that's earlier than I thought. How long from signing until delivery, typically?
How long from order to production and from production to sending ? And how long car was on the boat?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
How long from order to production and from production to sending ? And how long car was on the boat?
Placed 24th July. Production I believe mid August. 1.5 months on boat I think.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts