Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2022 LR Midnight, Pilot+Plus+tow 19"+Nappa no-pp
48 Posts
Well today is a happy day, after weeks of intransit and basically no clue. I got a mail saying asking me to confirm my allocated delivery date.. And sure enough no registration but I do have a date of the 26th October for delivery. Contacted the CS to ask what is the registration and they gave me some c*ap that you only get it two days before. Seriously? So I asked how was I able to click through and get a quote from Polestar insurance.. And I was told I needed to call them. Do they actually come up with a decent quote in the UK? This is truly crazy...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Congrats!😃But as I feared, still chrome details🙄I`m also waiting for a midnight blue😊
I don't think that's chrome, I think it's just the light and the angle of the trim under the grille. I bet it is midnight matching the rest. It's very close to the color on the far side of the hood (bonnet) at the similar angle.

Anyway, congrats on a real beauty, @matti ! Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
2022 P2, Snow, Plus Pack, Charcoal
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Paid for and signed lease yesterday. CS told me 2-3 weeks for delivery. Today they say mid to end of November. What????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordering system is all over the place. Even more complicated when going via a salary sacrifice lease Since placing my order in June, the app and the lease company have been using a random number generator that is not synced. On a weekly basis the projected delivery date has bounced between September, out to December and everything in between. App currently projecting December and lease company has late October. Let’s see

·
Registered
2022 Snow with Slate, AWD Pilot and Plus
7 Posts
First let me express my thanks for all of the thoughtful posts and candid discussion on this forum. I have been reading about everyone's experiences with their P2s for a couple of months while deciding which EV I really wanted. And hats off to the earliest adopters, you have no doubt helped identify issues and made the P2 an even better car for us second model year buyers. Now I will begin to share my P2 experience and hopefully add to the usefulness of the forum.

MY22 ordering experience:
8/26/21 test drove P2 at San Jose, CA space and loved it
8/28/21 ordered P2 online, estimated delivery date 11/4/21
9/2021 during the month the delivery date was updated 3 times on the website and it ranged from 11/24/21 to 11/19/21
10/1/21 downloaded the Android app which listed the delivery as December while website still listed November
10/11/21 received an email that "your Polestar has landed" with link to finalize order. Website estimated delivery date updated to late October and app updated to November delivery estimate
10/12/21 completed finalizing the order via the email link and confirmed with Polestar San Jose my car is at port in Ventura CA and they anticipate no problem with delivery before the end of the month.

Some other details, the interest rate for financing actually dropped from what they quoted me on a MY22. They quoted me .99% when I ordered but they are actually financing at 0%! But, the $2000 addon for a trade-in they told me I would get went away at the end of September. Why they would mention the 2K add-on for someone ordering a car with a delivery date months out is beyond me. Maybe they were trying to make the preconfigured MY21 they had more attractive? In any event, they should be clear about when certain promotions expire. But on the plus side again, if I get the car before the end of the month I will get the full CA $1500 clean air vehicle discount which will be taken off of the purchase price of the car.

Overall, I am happy with the process so far. Some of my bliss has to do with not pinning my hopes on any particular delivery date and going with the flow (concept adopted thanks to this forum). If I do get the car in October, Polestar will have far exceeded my general expectations for time elapsed from custom order to delivery. But I haven't crossed the delivery finish line yet.

(Edited because I managed to use 2022 for dates vs 21)

·
Registered
14 Posts
To be fair, the global supply chain issues are impacting everything. I’ve also got a BMW X5 on order. Delivery date a moving feast and a number of standard features have been deleted (chip shortages). At least the PS2 when it arrives will be the spec I ordered ( 🤞 ). Agree with previous message though, forum is excellent. I’ll know how to reset the infotainment system (for example).

·
Registered
657 Posts
First let me express my thanks for all of the thoughtful posts and candid discussion on this forum. I have been reading about everyone's experiences with their P2s for a couple of months while deciding which EV I really wanted. And hats off to the earliest adopters, you have no doubt helped identify issues and made the P2 an even better car for us second model year buyers. Now I will begin to share my P2 experience and hopefully add to the usefulness of the forum.

MY22 ordering experience:
8/26/22 test drove P2 at San Jose, CA space and loved it
8/28/22 ordered P2 online, estimated delivery date 11/4/22
9/2022 during the month the delivery date was updated 3 times on the website and it ranged from 11/24/22 to 11/19/22
10/1/22 downloaded the Android app which listed the delivery as December while website still listed November
10/11/22 received an email that "your Polestar has landed" with link to finalize order. Website estimated delivery date updated to late October and app updated to November delivery estimate
10/12/22 completed finalizing the order via the email link and confirmed with Polestar San Jose my car is at port in Ventura CA and they anticipate no problem with delivery before the end of the month.

Some other details, the interest rate for financing actually dropped from what they quoted me on a MY22. They quoted me .99% when I ordered but they are actually financing at 0%! But, the $2000 addon for a trade-in they told me I would get went away at the end of September. Why they would mention the 2K add-on for someone ordering a car with a delivery date months out is beyond me. Maybe they were trying to make the preconfigured MY21 they had more attractive? In any event, they should be clear about when certain promotions expire. But on the plus side again, if I get the car before the end of the month I will get the full CA $1500 clean air vehicle discount which will be taken off of the purchase price of the car.

Overall, I am happy with the process so far. Some of my bliss has to do with not pinning my hopes on any particular delivery date and going with the flow (concept adopted thanks to this forum). If I do get the car in October, Polestar will have far exceeded my general expectations for time elapsed from custom order to delivery. But I haven't crossed the delivery finish line yet.
You have your time machine dialed to the wrong year, mister!

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
376 Posts
Latest update: Received mail yesterday evening that my car has reached Norway. Estimated date still January tho'.

I'm expecting that that might change to mid-December, but will hold off until 1st week of January, to get 2022 1st reg. date. The car is already booked in for detailing ;)

Reactions: Konrado

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
376 Posts
Today I can see VIN number I'm my order. What does it mean? How long need to wait from this moment ? Delivery date is still on March.
Sadly it only means the car is scheduled for production. If you get it in March you'll be lucky :(

·
Registered
376 Posts
There may be a delay between the true status and what ct me, but you see. Others may correct me, but I think the VIN number needs to be assigned before production can begin and that production itself only takes a couple of days, so could be your car is already off the production line and queueing for a ship.
Polestar will send you a new mail when production has completed and when the car has sailed.
If you want a good timewaster, you can check ship schedules from Shanghai or Lianyungang to Zeebrugge and when you find a departure that matches what Polestar have told you, you can have weeks of fun tracking the AIS position :)

In any case, good luck with your order!

Reactions: Konrado

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks :) so all I need now is to wait for email fra Polestar?:) I was thinking little bit about power upgrade. Is it possible to order it during production or after delivery but before registration that in the documents will actually power? If so we don't need to book appointment in SVV and skatteetaten to make changes in documents.

Actually my timewaster is polestar.com so not a big deal with this ship ;) anyway with this VIN is better than nothing, haha.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In a similar boat to you with a March delivery and VIN number allocated at the start of the week. I've not contacted CS but may do to see if they give any more info, VIN is in the 65*** region and as far as I've picked up this bit is sequential. I'm hoping to hear from them soon
The current Alfa is on its last legs and not sure if it'll hold out until March so hoping it is pulled forward

·
Registered
20 Posts
In a similar boat to you with a March delivery and VIN number allocated at the start of the week. I've not contacted CS but may do to see if they give any more info, VIN is in the 65*** region and as far as I've picked up this bit is sequential. I'm hoping to hear from them soon
The current Alfa is on its last legs and not sure if it'll hold out until March so hoping it is pulled forward
Mine VIN is 066***. When you placed an order?

81 - 100 of 112 Posts