Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 months and 1wk since ordering my car also finally arrived yesterday afternoon!

was busy at work so pretty much just scanned the car, signed the electronic handover form and grabbed the keys.
Did have a look at the software version and it’s Oct, so not the latest and no pre-conditioning option - will this update automatically OTA if that module is fitted?

Car was driven from Bicester to Herts so has a layer of road grime but still looked pretty good. The colour was the one thing I was unsure about, but seeing Magnesium in the flesh I think it really suits the car and looks “futuristic” - according to the wife anyway..!

Quick 8 min drive home in the dark and it’s been on the drive all day today while I’ve had enforced Xmas light/tree duties, so looking forward to setting everyone up and going for a drive tomorrow.

plugged the car into the EI Mini Pro 2 charger and it charged from 70 to 90% with no issues over night (timer set from 12-05:00AM).

Initial impressions - I think it looks good and def has presence, steering feels a bit vague (and that’s coming from an Audi S5!) and I can feel what I think is a plate set in the driver seat squab (is that the pressure pad?), which I think is going to annoy me - feels like the seat base needs more padding.

sound system also sounds a bit “muddy”, but that may be settings as I’ve not adjusted them yet.

took a couple of obligatory pics this morning for posterity, so here she is..:

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
I like magnesium a lot.
Your plastic wheel arch & sills look much darker than mine. Must be the contrast against the light paint. Looks really great.
I agree with your missus. From pics magnesium & thunder have a cold futuristic look. Maybe snow does too. Midnight & moon seem a little more earthy, and void.....glitzy?
I’ve been isolating and spent too long watching some artsy program called Work of Art: the Next Great Artist. Think it’s gone to my head!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I live in Herts and mine fell of the back of a lorry. Chose Magnesium when I saw all the colours at Farnborough drive test.. and watching too many YouTube car detailer saying that light colours hide paint defects better. It is a unique colour not white , silver or grey so well named Magnesium. Enjoy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in Herts and mine fell of the back of a lorry. Chose Magnesium when I saw all the colours at Farnborough drive test.. and watching too many YouTube car detailer saying that light colours hide paint defects better. It is a unique colour not white , silver or grey so well named Magnesium. Enjoy. View attachment 2102
I’m starting to wonder if delivery method is determined by who you ordered it with - although are they all ultimately via Leaseplan? (I know ours is as we got the standard orange boxed dashcam & first aid kit that comes with all cars we lease via them).
Does anyone know if Polestar have various central distribution sites around the UK?
As per my previous post I believe ours came from Didcot, Oxfordshire.
Anyway, going to find an excuse to pop out for a drive when the fog clears and have a play, although a nice sunny day would have def been preferable - guess it’s heated steering wheel time.. !

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
The main distribution location is Bicester. And remember a substantial chunk of us are cash buyers so definitely not via Leaseplan! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
6 months and 1wk since ordering my car also finally arrived yesterday afternoon!

was busy at work so pretty much just scanned the car, signed the electronic handover form and grabbed the keys.
Did have a look at the software version and it’s Oct, so not the latest and no pre-conditioning option - will this update automatically OTA if that module is fitted?

Car was driven from Bicester to Herts so has a layer of road grime but still looked pretty good. The colour was the one thing I was unsure about, but seeing Magnesium in the flesh I think it really suits the car and looks “futuristic” - according to the wife anyway..!

Quick 8 min drive home in the dark and it’s been on the drive all day today while I’ve had enforced Xmas light/tree duties, so looking forward to setting everyone up and going for a drive tomorrow.

plugged the car into the EI Mini Pro 2 charger and it charged from 70 to 90% with no issues over night (timer set from 12-05:00AM).

Initial impressions - I think it looks good and def has presence, steering feels a bit vague (and that’s coming from an Audi S5!) and I can feel what I think is a plate set in the driver seat squab (is that the pressure pad?), which I think is going to annoy me - feels like the seat base needs more padding.

sound system also sounds a bit “muddy”, but that may be settings as I’ve not adjusted them yet.

took a couple of obligatory pics this morning for posterity, so here she is..:
View attachment 2097
View attachment 2098
Looks great 😁

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally took it for a decent spin and set up my accounts etc.
Cant find out how to get it to see my home WiFi though - and how do I know if I have OTA enabled (it’s Sept software)?
Lastly, I live down some narrow lanes and always like having the ability to toggle both wing mirrors in via a button in the Audi - and have just found that if you depress both the L&R wing mirror buttons it pulls both mirrors in, which is a result!

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Useful - remember though it only saves about 1cm in body width as the rear is wider than the front!

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
308 Posts
Finally took it for a decent spin and set up my accounts etc.
Cant find out how to get it to see my home WiFi though - and how do I know if I have OTA enabled (it’s Sept software)?
Lastly, I live down some narrow lanes and always like having the ability to toggle both wing mirrors in via a button in the Audi - and have just found that if you depress both the L&R wing mirror buttons it pulls both mirrors in, which is a result!
I think you need the Nov 1st software update to make the car OTA ready. It also comes with a handy climate preconditioning scheduler so that you can preheat and defrost the car on schedule.

According to the drivers manual online the WiFi functionality is only for maintenance people. Pure progressive performance | Polestar

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you need the Nov 1st software update to make the car OTA ready. It also comes with a handy climate preconditioning scheduler so that you can preheat and defrost the car on schedule.
Noted, cheers - I’ll contact PSCS tomorrow to see about getting it booked in & updated (y)

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
I’m starting to wonder if delivery method is determined by who you ordered it with - although are they all ultimately via Leaseplan? (I know ours is as we got the standard orange boxed dashcam & first aid kit that comes with all cars we lease via them).
Does anyone know if Polestar have various central distribution sites around the UK?
As per my previous post I believe ours came from Didcot, Oxfordshire.
Anyway, going to find an excuse to pop out for a drive when the fog clears and have a play, although a nice sunny day would have def been preferable - guess it’s heated steering wheel time.. !
Hi
I just got my LeasePlan dashcam & first aid kit.
I've never used a dashcam before. So it goes behind the rear view mirror but has to be plugged in? Doesn't it 'ugly up' the interior? I love how sparse it is in there. Maybe ok for the rear?
Decent first aid kit. Girlfriend's xmas present sorted.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi
I've never used a dashcam before. So it goes behind the rear view mirror but has to be plugged in? Doesn't it 'ugly up' the interior? I love how sparse it is in there. Maybe ok for the rear?
Probably best to have it professionally installed? Need Leaseplan's permission?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi
Yep likewise - The orage 1st aid kit is in the boot and the dashcan is still on the desk @ work..

The cam itself looks good, v small and would sit nicely behind the rear view mirror, its the routing of the cable thats gonna be the PITA, unless the cable can be cut and you tap off the interior light power or similar?

Or just get someone in to sort it (which is prob what we'll do..!)

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
It's fairly straightforward to fix - there are a couple of threads already on here including a link to a video showing how someone has done it. I'll be doing mine shortly after getting the car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts