Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I did manage to get some sleep last night whilst waiting for today’s big day. Everything was going like clockwork and had a very good chat with my delivery driver ‘Martin’ before he turned up. In fact I bumped into him in my local Tesco before he landed at my door...nice guy and a font of knowledge.

Well the car landed at my address and I was like a kid in a candy store! Martin got it off the low loader and pulled it into my drive. After a brief back and forth I left him to it as the card needed the protection stickers removed and some marks, bird deposits to be sorted before formal handover. See initial pics for proof.

when I came back outside, dry but windy day, I started to inspect the paintwork of my void PS. Well it didn’t take me long to see not just one but probably 6-7 scuffed areas that were definitely etched into the clear coat. These marks were not ones that you could buff out and would need proper body shop detailer compound work. I was absolutely horrified and the one on the drivers door was just awful and stood out like a sore thumb.

I then noticed door/panel misalignment on the passenger front door. As you will note from the picture this to me was not acceptable and I cannot believe is a one off!

The long and short of it is I have not signed for the car and rejected it on the spot. Polestar CS frontline were as helpful as they could be but stated this is now a lease company issue without any meaningful dialogue about options that existed. They simply provided two, let us sort it in a body shop or cancel car all together.

I am not sure of others experience with Void and whether I just have a car that hasn’t been protected properly. I just can’t see that void will wear well at all, especially the one that came today. Hopefully this is just my experience! I think that someone has taken a cloth to this car with some road deposits on and given a rub over most of the panels. Personally I am now not at all confident on the paint finish or the colour. This is the major reason I rejected and don’t see why I should be inconvenienced around a further body shop repair.

i have contacted ALD who were ‘alarmed’ at the exierience today and are reviewing my options. At present I feel sorely let down and the magic of new car day has just evaporated!

I now have to wait for resolution and feel that this car needs to cancelled. ALD now have my complaint but the only options I see is a different colour PS at no additional cost or complete cancellation.

I cancelled order for another car due to fit and finish issues and now this! Let down is not even good a phrase to describe how I feel. The car from 2-3 metres away looked amazing but I didn’t have the heart to sit in it after finding the issues that I have today.

Only time will tell if I will be driving a PS soon. The ball is in their court for now.

On a plus note for owners is that I have been given some info today which suggests some of the battery is being held back by software etc. I think range extension is, therefore, likely with further updates. Take this as you find it but it seemed like a genuine statement from today’s interactions.

Rant over but if you’re from Redditch and took delivery of a magnesium today...I hope you are pleased and very good colour choice!
33D79A92-E976-476E-B2D7-821C9D423B34.jpeg
5F858665-2FF4-4C1E-9C93-E2642FD11B81.jpeg
855F4356-03FA-49CA-A6BD-94CC19CBE836.jpeg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry about the panel gap . I had no issues at all and not something prevalent on the forum. Did opt for Magnesium as watching too many YouTube videos all of which say lighter colours mask defects better... s9oI might have them but don’t know so happy. .. ignorance I’d bliss etc. Good luck sorting it out.. .meant sincerely not ironically.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So, so frustrating. You had really been looking forward to the car arriving. I am amazed they have tried to deliver a car in that condition. Trust it is sorted quickly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Jonspolestar,
Very sorry to hear about your experience after our delivery night excitements.

I have not had a great handover experience this afternoon, but have accepted the car.
some to be expected; no jack, no first aid kit, no warning triangle. Wifi cannot find either my virgin wifi, or my orbi wifi despite the routers being on the other side of a window 10ft away.
But we had lots of teething problems with getting google interface to work; we had linked my gmail account, we had 4G and internet connectivity to play Spotify but could not get any response to hey google.

The delivery driver had limited knowledge of the car. After 30 minutes of trying different things and him trying to call people without success I called Polestar. They said they would look into it and call me back. 15 minutes later they called and said to press the connect button in the car to speak to Polestar assistance. I pressed it and after 10 minutes the call was answered by someone (Volvo support?) who said ... Polestar 2? is that an all electric car?
They had no idea what I was even talking about .... google interface not working?? (Hmmm What’s that?), wi if not working?? (Hmm wonder what WiFi is?). Eventually they said they would get roadside assistance to call me.

20 minutes later and I have success.... google started working. No idea what fixed it. The only material thing done was I went through the process of registering the additional keys. I did get a call back from the engineer who recommended locking the car, walking away for 5 mins and then going back to the car. I got a second call from dumb assistants boss who told me roadside assistance is not available for problems with software where the car is still driveable.
Anyway I accepted the car with wifi yet to be sorted (I have seen some forum recommendations I will research).
Some good points:
- Rear Windows do not have excessive play. Doors and panels look aligned at first glance. Paintwork similarly looks ok. Headlights seem aligned.
- have driven it on a short trip; it is really nice ride, very comfy, love the stereo, acceleration awesome, and over only 15 miles of mixed full acceleration / sweeping country roads and some gentle coasting .... average was 36kw/100m.
- there is a third key fob I never knew about .... it’s small and stylish .... no need to carry the large rectangular key with you !.
Jon - I hope you get a better proposition to resolve your woes; and I hope service gets better.
Thanks also to this forum for giving me a checklist and background on things to check.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the issue is that it goes from pillar to post before delivery, therefore hard to resolve whose fault it is. What I do know is that this void car will be an absolute [email protected]@ to keep looking card...o think you have half a chance with metallic.

I may need to get the legal minds on this one to know where I stand. As of now I feel that my only option is to fully reject this car which I believe I am within my rights to do.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jonspolestar,

I have not had a great handover experience this afternoon, but have accepted the car.
some to be expected; no jack, no first aid kit, no warning triangle. Wifi cannot find either my virgin wifi, or my orbi wifi despite the routers being on the other side of a window 10ft away.
But we had lots of teething problems with getting google interface to work; we had linked my gmail account, we had 4G and internet connectivity to play Spotify but could not get any response to hey google.

The delivery driver had limited knowledge of the car. After 30 minutes of trying different things and him trying to call people without success I called Polestar. They said they would look into it and call me back. 15 minutes later they called and said to press the connect button in the car to speak to Polestar assistance. I pressed it and after 10 minutes the call was answered by someone (Volvo support?) who said ... Polestar 2? is that an all electric car?
They had no idea what I was even talking about .... google interface not working?? (Hmmm What’s that?), wi if not working?? (Hmm wonder what WiFi is?). Eventually they said they would get roadside assistance to call me.

20 minutes later and I have success.... google started working. No idea what fixed it. The only material thing done was I went through the process of registering the additional keys. I did get a call back from the engineer who recommended locking the car, walking away for 5 mins and then going back to the car. I got a second call from dumb assistants boss who told me roadside assistance is not available for problems with software where the car is still driveable.
Anyway I accepted the car with wifi yet to be sorted (I have seen some forum recommendations I will research).
Some good points:
  • Rear Windows do not have excessive play. Doors and panels look aligned at first glance. Paintwork similarly looks ok. Headlights seem aligned.
  • have driven it on a short trip; it is really nice ride, very comfy, love the stereo, acceleration awesome, and over only 15 miles of mixed full acceleration / sweeping country roads and some gentle coasting .... average was 36kw/100m.
  • there is a third key fob I never knew about .... it’s small and stylish .... no need to carry the large rectangular key with you !.
Jon - I hope you get a better proposition to resolve your woes; and I hope service gets better.
Thanks also to this forum for giving me a checklist and background on things to check.
In some way I am glad that your experience was better but only marginally it seems. I am not at all sure I would have expected what you faced today either...it really does dampen the excitement.

so re Jack I was told today I wouldn’t be getting one...not going to happen!

secondly the smaller was referenced to me as a sports key that is actually waterproof. Seems you can take this one jogging and swimming etc whilst having main key in car. Seems quite a good thing to me. I guess a digital key would also be helpful!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
In some way I am glad that your experience was better but only marginally it seems. I am not at all sure I would have expected what you faced today either...it really does dampen the excitement.

so re Jack I was told today I wouldn’t be getting one...not going to happen!

secondly the smaller was referenced to me as a sports key that is actually waterproof. Seems you can take this one jogging and swimming etc whilst having main key in car. Seems quite a good thing to me. I guess a digital key would also be helpful!!!
I was told we would get a Jack and first aid kit. I complained about the cable being 16 amp and they said a fix for the cable was in testing.... but they didn’t know if the fix would be to buy in the shop, for new customers only, or for all.

Yes I agree they said it’s a sports key - really handy !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sport key functions by itself so really convenient and never use the main keys (the main key does not need to be in the car.. leave it at home). i also use Google assistant for everything and she (it) is very reliable. .. I still agree that not having the phone key/app/OAU at launch is unforgivable.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
663 Posts
😔
What a kick in the nuts! To @ChiefEngineer for an unsatisfactory delivery, to @jonspolestar whose experience shows if nothing else Polestar are letting anything through as passable, and worst to come out of this are Polestar themselves. Everyone makes mistakes. How you react to those mistakes is what counts. In these instances they’ve let themselves down badly.
What a shame

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To top of a shite day I have just received the following. Why am I being made to feel that is somehow my fault and that I should be grateful that they are going to rectify at no cost to me!! Seems my debate will now be with the lease company who in turn should fully roast PS!!!!

Good Evening Mr........,

As discussed over the phone my Managers have confirmed that we are not able to offer any other resolution than to have the vehicle booked into a retailer and for them to carry out the necessary investigations regarding the paint and the misaligned door.

We understand your frustration and wanting to commit to the brand, however because the purchase is through Polestar Leasing we are unable to offer anything else but to cover the costs of rectification. Please let us know if you would like for this work to be carried out or if you wish to get in touch with Polestar Leasing to start the return process.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks,

·
Super Moderator
674 Posts
Really sorry to hear that's how your day has gone :(.

It's things like this that make me think that my enforced wait until December, and (semi-)enforced move from business lease to private cash purchase, are going to work in my favour...

I'd let a dealer look over the car. After all, if they can rectify the paintwork and re-align the door, it could all be perfectly good? Still not the arrival you'd expect, of course.

Reactions: jonspolestar

·
Super Moderator
674 Posts
@ChiefEngineer Try disabling WPS on your router as this has been known to make some networks be visible to the Polestar.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Jonspolestar,

Some good points:
  • Rear Windows do not have excessive play. Doors and panels look aligned at first glance. Paintwork similarly looks ok. Headlights seem aligned.
  • have driven it on a short trip; it is really nice ride, very comfy, love the stereo, acceleration awesome, and over only 15 miles of mixed full acceleration / sweeping country roads and some gentle coasting .... average was 36kw/100m.
  • there is a third key fob I never knew about .... it’s small and stylish .... no need to carry the large rectangular key with you !.
I have Orbi as well, the fix for WiFi is to disable WPS....which you can't do with Orbi, however if you set up the guest network with a different SSID than your main network, it will see and connect to that.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really sorry to hear that's how your day has gone :(.

It's things like this that make me think that my enforced wait until December, and (semi-)enforced move from business lease to private cash purchase, are going to work in my favour...

I'd let a dealer look over the car. After all, if they can rectify the paintwork and re-align the door, it could all be perfectly good? Still not the arrival you'd expect, of course.
Thanks @rgledhill for your thoughts on this. Personally I think that I should now not be managing issues that should not be present in the first place. Either the car has unique paint issues which is serious in itself or that Void cars are simply a bad choice that show everything...after seeing what I have today I’d be scared to wash the thing!

I think one thing would have been bearable but not the external defects I have seen today. I get the software side but when you’re paying £50k you expect far better. The lease company said I’d done the right thing as I had not accepted the car from PS. In reality ALD own the car so this is now their issue as they can’t charge me for what I don’t have.

a minor mark/scratch I would agree with you regarding body shop but not virtually every panel.

·
Registered
663 Posts
For anyone that has a car with faults who feels like they’re being ignored, maybe a way to get Polestar’s attention is to head on down to the next test drive day. When all those smiley prospective new customers are in attendance start asking a few awkward questions. Park your car in a really obvious place. Film it even?
I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re just missing a jack 😆, but if you’re being messed around like a few unlucky members on here I think it’s fair game!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thanks @rgledhill for your thoughts on this. Personally I think that I should now not be managing issues that should not be present in the first place. Either the car has unique paint issues which is serious in itself or that Void cars are simply a bad choice that show everything...after seeing what I have today I’d be scared to wash the thing!

I think one thing would have been bearable but not the external defects I have seen today. I get the software side but when you’re paying £50k you expect far better. The lease company said I’d done the right thing as I had not accepted the car from PS. In reality ALD own the car so this is now their issue as they can’t charge me for what I don’t have.

a minor mark/scratch I would agree with you regarding body shop but not virtually every panel.
Sorry to hear about all the problems above. You said that this was a lease car? If so, surely providing all of the defects are recorded and accepted by the lease company as present on delivery (and therefore not your responsibility) do they matter to you? I totally get your disappointment and frustration, believe me! At least it's not your £48k!
It is between the lease people and Polestar to get these issues put right to their satisfaction and then yours as to whether you are happy to accept the car surely? It will almost certainly necessitate more than one trip to Volvo dealers and battling with the Polestar 'customer service' people.
Any software issues are far more difficult to quantify and will take a few days to explore fully.
Don't give up yet!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well I did manage to get some sleep last night whilst waiting for today’s big day. Everything was going like clockwork and had a very good chat with my delivery driver ‘Martin’ before he turned up. In fact I bumped into him in my local Tesco before he landed at my door...nice guy and a font of knowledge.

Well the car landed at my address and I was like a kid in a candy store! Martin got it off the low loader and pulled it into my drive. After a brief back and forth I left him to it as the card needed the protection stickers removed and some marks, bird deposits to be sorted before formal handover. See initial pics for proof.

when I came back outside, dry but windy day, I started to inspect the paintwork of my void PS. Well it didn’t take me long to see not just one but probably 6-7 scuffed areas that were definitely etched into the clear coat. These marks were not ones that you could buff out and would need proper body shop detailer compound work. I was absolutely horrified and the one on the drivers door was just awful and stood out like a sore thumb.

I then noticed door/panel misalignment on the passenger front door. As you will note from the picture this to me was not acceptable and I cannot believe is a one off!

The long and short of it is I have not signed for the car and rejected it on the spot. Polestar CS frontline were as helpful as they could be but stated this is now a lease company issue without any meaningful dialogue about options that existed. They simply provided two, let us sort it in a body shop or cancel car all together.

I am not sure of others experience with Void and whether I just have a car that hasn’t been protected properly. I just can’t see that void will wear well at all, especially the one that came today. Hopefully this is just my experience! I think that someone has taken a cloth to this car with some road deposits on and given a rub over most of the panels. Personally I am now not at all confident on the paint finish or the colour. This is the major reason I rejected and don’t see why I should be inconvenienced around a further body shop repair.

i have contacted ALD who were ‘alarmed’ at the exierience today and are reviewing my options. At present I feel sorely let down and the magic of new car day has just evaporated!

I now have to wait for resolution and feel that this car needs to cancelled. ALD now have my complaint but the only options I see is a different colour PS at no additional cost or complete cancellation.

I cancelled order for another car due to fit and finish issues and now this! Let down is not even good a phrase to describe how I feel. The car from 2-3 metres away looked amazing but I didn’t have the heart to sit in it after finding the issues that I have today.

Only time will tell if I will be driving a PS soon. The ball is in their court for now.

On a plus note for owners is that I have been given some info today which suggests some of the battery is being held back by software etc. I think range extension is, therefore, likely with further updates. Take this as you find it but it seemed like a genuine statement from today’s interactions.

Rant over but if you’re from Redditch and took delivery of a magnesium today...I hope you are pleased and very good colour choice!
View attachment 1280 View attachment 1281 View attachment 1282
As always, sorry if this has already been seen but seems relevent to Void poor quality...

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks @dave and @toscal353. So far no comms today from PS CS or ALD....getting very wound up by the lack of comms! The issues were far too noticeable to accept abs therefore it was agreed that refusal was the best option at the time. I could not drive a car around with that many scuffs and marks in the paintwork...was it purely this car or do all voids come up badly after being wiped over! Either way the door alignment just topped it off.

don’t think I am expecting too much to get an update phonecall! Car looked lovely but please all go into this with wide eyes open. I didn’t even get to line 2 on the delivery checklist before refusing the car!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts