Polestar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car due to be delivered today. Its been organised for three weeks....no show...so log onto the website....check my account....delivery date removed....offer of a new delivery date....disappointed doesn't cover it! Zero communication from Polestar and waiting around for nothing. Not the best of starts to my new car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Car due to be delivered today. Its been organised for three weeks....no show...so log onto the website....check my account....delivery date removed....offer of a new delivery date....disappointed doesn't cover it! Zero communication from Polestar and waiting around for nothing. Not the best of starts to my new car.
Poor. These people don’t understand the emotions attached to your £50k spend materialising.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah it is really unfortunate how badly they have started off, with the recall, underdelivered product features, bush league website, and communication that is a joke. Sorry Jimurq....

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah it is really unfortunate how badly they have started off, with the recall, underdelivered product features, bush league website, and communication that is a joke. Sorry Jimurq....
sorry Jimurq. That blows

polestar makes a lot about how they’re carving their own path. But then they outsource to and use a 3rd party system designed around the workflow of the existing path. No wonder they have these issues.
Not sure if that’s the only contributing factor here. But Jimurq is hardly to only one to see this idiocy.

WTF polestar....

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
124 Posts
Very poor indeed. Although I haven’t got a delivery date yet, I will soon and this makes me very worried! I am sure you will give CS loads tomorrow and rightly so. I feel a set of free mats may slightly take the edge off?.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So.... worth the wait? 'Happy with the car?
I'm coming out of a Tesla Model S after 5 years and 95,000 miles. There obviously wasn't the same excitement as getting the Tesla however initial impressions are good to be honest. Seats are a vast improvement and build quality appears to be better so far. The central screen looks really dated like an Amazon Fire tablet with its massive bezel. Wasn't expecting that- was expecting edge to edge. It drives well and feels as fast when its moving as my old car. Initial take off doesn't feel as sharp/instant. Headlights are superb and way ahead of Tesla. Energy efficiency is very bad but the range looks like it will be similar to my old car - I think I'm one of the unlucky ones who had their battery software limited as lately I'm getting about 170 miles range from a 90% charge of the Model S (85D) for those interested. I'm missing the Tesla app already for preconditioning and checking that its charged properly when I'm at work. No supercharging will be interesting. I'm forgetting to lock the car when I walk away...all first word problems. I'm hoping I have a lot less breakdowns and problems - the reason why I've moved away from Tesla...too much time in the garage. Overall I'm happy with it and I'm praying I've made the right move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did they not even give you a call in advance? Enjoy it now you have it.
Phoned when he was sitting outside. It was chucking it down so all I got was here's the key's, one of them is waterproof. The charging cable is under the bonnet, here is a plugsurf card, check it for scratches and if you are happy sign here....it's got a big boot and 18 miles on the clock, the jack and the first aid kit are missing, Polestar have a supply problem right now so they will follow on....I don't think that's the experience that Polestar envisaged for their new baby! He said he hadn't been on the training course but Polestar needed to get the deliveries out :):):)

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'd rather just get the car and have a "here is the keys, bye!" deliver service, than wait longer for my car so they can train the delivery guys.

Yes it's a bit short sighted of them, but we don't know how much Covid has affected them in the UK with deliveries and training. Before Covid you could sit 50 in a room for a a day and be done ... now that means 10 per room, just as one example.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Be careful to check it over thoroughly though - delivering a car in the rain is the oldest trick in the book to cover up scratches and paint blemishes and once you've signed it off...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Be careful to check it over thoroughly though - delivering a car in the rain is the oldest trick in the book to cover up scratches and paint blemishes and once you've signed it off...
Yep! I'm hoping it's hammering it down when my current car is collected! To be fair a tsunami wouldn't hide some of my 'indiscretions'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts