Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to the forum as a member having been a silent observer until now and have found it very helpful and informative.
Finally, after expecting the car in October then November I am now taking delivery of a Polar White non PP with slate interior on Thursday 10th December. VIN 007***
I have not even seen one in the flesh yet let alone drive one but looking forward immensely and hope I am not going to be disappointed!

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
You're not alone... I'll be getting mine sight unseen and without a test drive. We're either brave or foolish... Maybe both.

Reactions: 968mike

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome @Poleman great choice of colour and interior, I too didn't see one or drive one before receiving mine. You'll be amazed at the twinkling under the Snow White paint, at the feel of the seats, at the minimalist yet cool interior design, but most of all the thrill when you put your foot down - awesome!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome @Poleman great choice of colour and interior, I too didn't see one or drive one before receiving mine. You'll be amazed at the twinkling under the Snow White paint, at the feel of the seats, at the minimalist yet cool interior design, but most of all the thrill when you put your foot down - awesome!
Thanks Terran, I'm even more excited now!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi all, I am new to the forum as a member having been a silent observer until now and have found it very helpful and informative.
Finally, after expecting the car in October then November I am now taking delivery of a Polar White non PP with slate interior on Thursday 10th December. VIN 007***
I have not even seen one in the flesh yet let alone drive one but looking forward immensely and hope I am not going to be disappointed!
I think my situation will make you feel even better. Not only have I not driven the car, I'm buying it for my wife who has no clue it even exists. Our kids have been after us to get an MD3 for ages but I've been resisting. I'm already nervous about the price/early-adopter-problem ratio, let alone the possibility of rejection. To boot (pun intended), I've got an L2 charger hidden away in the garage and am trying to coordinate installation before the end of the year to qualify for an incentive but hopefully after the PS2 is delivered.

We should probably come up with a clever motto for those of us who have jumped in blind. I know I shouldn't bring religion and politics into this discussion but how about: "You'll Never Drive Alone"? (unless your brand new EV stops itself while driving, of course).

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I think my situation will make you feel even better. Not only have I not driven the car, I'm buying it for my wife who has no clue it even exists. Our kids have been after us to get an MD3 for ages but I've been resisting. I'm already nervous about the price/early-adopter-problem ratio, let alone the possibility of rejection. To boot (pun intended), I've got an L2 charger hidden away in the garage and am trying to coordinate installation before the end of the year to qualify for an incentive but hopefully after the PS2 is delivered.

We should probably come up with a clever motto for those of us who have jumped in blind. I know I shouldn't bring religion and politics into this discussion but how about: "You'll Never Drive Alone"? (unless your brand new EV stops itself while driving, of course).
Are you going to have a bow on it when she comes outside? :D

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Do you like the Polestar or you really think she will?
Either way it's....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Haha same situation and same choice - great minds think alike and all that :)

I will be seeing one on Friday at Farnborough event

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had a phone call from PCS yesterday to tell me they have found a small area of damage on the car that needs repairing so delivery will be delayed by a day.. Hoping this isn't an omen for worse things to come!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Damn. I'm expecting mine on the 21st so hope that doesn't happen to me. I wouldn't be able to take the suspense :eek:

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
There are so many cars being delayed by a day or two for this reason and I simply can't see that so many have been found with damage... I'm starting to get suspicious... but I'm not quite sure what the real reason would be. Hanging on for another software update maybe? BCA running out of drivers? It's a bit odd as we didn't have this much at all until a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
There are so many cars being delayed by a day or two for this reason and I simply can't see that so many have been found with damage... I'm starting to get suspicious... but I'm not quite sure what the real reason would be. Hanging on for another software update maybe? BCA running out of drivers? It's a bit odd as we didn't have this much at all until a few weeks ago.
It does seem suspicious. But in that case what reason would be so bad that “found damaged” is a better alternative? My lie would’ve been much more heart warming.
We found a batch of cars where the top speed regulator hadn’t been installed. Currently your car can hit 285mph (227mph if PP) so we need a few days to prevent it from taking off.
ooh- maybe that’s why the polestar is so heavy?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm in that boat. No update yet as to what the 'damage' is. I'm hoping that the usually very helpful Lauren gets back to me. I emailed yesterday just pointing out the obvious: it was seven days since they discovered the 'damage' and that is more than enough time to work out the extent thereof and what needs to be done to fix it. Can't be a BCA driver shortage as a BCA fellow delivered my loan car yesterday, and, anyway, I'm less than 20 miles from Bicester.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
"Damage"? What did a car carrier get in an accident and half a dozen cars were flipped over? Are they doing body work, or what? Damage doesn't sound mechanical. I'd want to know more for sure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
"Damage"? What did a car carrier get in an accident and half a dozen cars were flipped over? Are they doing body work, or what? Damage doesn't sound mechanical. I'd want to know more for sure.
There are 3 or 4 of us waiting for just such an explanation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts