Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... And if so when was your order placed? And when is your projected delivery? (if you don't mind answering)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've heard (not confirmed) that the tow bar gets installed after the car has arrived at the port.
It's not installed at the factory, it should not affect delivery that much.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard (not confirmed) that the tow bar gets installed after the car has arrived at the port.
It's not installed at the factory, it should not affect delivery that much.
First part true.

Second part untrue unfortunately 😢

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Email from Customer Support Today:-

"As a tow bar was added, this meant that your order would not have been linked with an already made car. The other people who have ordered after you, have most likely not added a tow bar to their order. "

Hence why I wanted to know if any other UK'er had ordered a Tow Bar.

They did confirm on the phone call before they replied on the email, that Tow Bars are generally fitted post shipping ... so not sure how adding a tow bar would not link me with an already made car...

But I can't complain, I was told Nov/Dec when I ordered and they also confirmed today in the email that it will be November - so I just need to be patient!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I’m in a similar boat (semi literally?) as you. I want to add on a tow bar but initially didn’t because the info at the time wasn’t that clear. So I put in the order without tow bar. When I asked if I could add it on later customer service indicated that might restart the clock and push me to the back of the line if it’s processed as an order cancellation and new order - but if I just waited to add it after VIN was set and the car was identified then it wouldn’t delay things as the bar is installed at the delivery location. So I’m planning on waiting until we’re just a couple weeks out or at time of financial contract closure to add on the tow bar then once all the wheels are in motion (literally)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I also considered that. I think probably yes. But they have no idea what their servicing will look in a year, especially in N America (hopefully across the board better specified and available!). And, unclear what price would be relative to now. And certainly couldn't enfold it into the finance/lease deal I'm guessing.
Also, unclear if can just install a 3rd party one and what the pros/cons are of that. I'm planning to lease so I'm guessing I have to use OEM or nothing.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I ordered a tow bar and was told that it was port installed and wouldn't affect the delivery time. I may never know as at first, I wasn't thrilled about the midnight blue, but now that I've seen pictures of the car IRL, I'm seriously considering switching from void to midnight and that'll delay my order.

Bother.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK some update from today, I got conflicting information at the Test drive. One person seemed to think it's a factory fitted item - which I don't believe as its the exact same item that's fitted on the Volvo XC's range. Another person I was chatting to was saying there are no demo car's with a tow bar and his speculation was that the software for the demo cars has some limited features and maybe didn't include the button/graphics/software to deploy the tow bar electronically.

That would make more sense to me based on all the information we have all gathered.

BTW seeing all the cars today I would say that Void defiantly looks the best (although no magnesium there) - again though I'll state that black cars are a constant choir to keep looking clean, as even you'll see every spec and water mark there is.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
OK some update from today, I got conflicting information at the Test drive. One person seemed to think it's a factory fitted item - which I don't believe as its the exact same item that's fitted on the Volvo XC's range. Another person I was chatting to was saying there are no demo car's with a tow bar and his speculation was that the software for the demo cars has some limited features and maybe didn't include the button/graphics/software to deploy the tow bar electronically.

That would make more sense to me based on all the information we have all gathered.

BTW seeing all the cars today I would say that Void defiantly looks the best (although no magnesium there) - again though I'll state that black cars are a constant choir to keep looking clean, as even you'll see every spec and water mark there is.
From what I've seen, the button is inside the trunk to the left of the opening. I'd be surprised if the wiring wasn't installed on all cars, tow hook elected or not.

I'm torn between midnight and void. Did you see the midnight color? Is it washed out/pale or does it look good?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks chaps ... then I have no idea. Either it is factory fitted and someone told others here incorrectly ... or they don't know why mine wasn't pushed up to September like others here, and are using the tow bar as an excuss

Like I said ... no big deal. I was expecting November when I ordered.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah apparently it's because each state has different regulations, in addition to that you can tow at really high speeds in some states compared to the EU.

Maybe the US is fitted port side where the EU one is factory fitted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also tried to order the "semi electric" towbar when ordering via our preffered broker, and they stated it wasnt on their options screen - even though it was clearly listed on the Polestar website ordering site.

They did some digging and came back saying they were not installed at build due to the diff. countries laws/ requirements, and that he has placed a note on the file of my car for it to be installed when it arrives in the UK.

Not sure where that would be, ie portside or "dealer" (Volvo?), but he intimated adding to my order may delay the delivery.

I would have thought that all vehicles will be pre-wired for the Tow bar, esp as its not really electric, just a button that releases it from its hidden locked location and you manualy lock it into place.

Of course I could be totally wrong here...!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's probably the loom wiring is installed on all cars, so any could be converted.
Then someone just adds the bits at either end of the pre-wired system. Ie the tow bar and button.

Its very odd why cars with towbar are delayed to November or later.

There's obviously a reason but noting makes sense.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Maybe the sourcing of country specific variants and then fitting in Belgium when they are in a rush to get cars delivered?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts