Polestar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Volvo S60 T8
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been fawning over the P*2 since the original Volvo concept and am finally ready to take the plunge! I’m ordering from the US and still debating the exact options that I want. I’ll be ordering from Polestar San Jose.

I’ve seen lots of threads on how awful the ordering tool is on this forum, but am experiencing something that I haven’t seen mentioned. When using the initial configurator, the add-ones are priced as follows -
  • Mats - $150 passenger compartment, $150 trunk
  • Tow package - $1200
  • Load carrier - $350
Once I continue with the process to place my deposit though, the prices change completely to -
  • Mats - $245 passenger, $215 trunk
  • Tow package - $2295
  • Load carrier - $545
I want to believe this is an honest mistake and not some kind of weird bait and switch. What experience have others had in the US? Am I the only one seeing this?

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
I’m also going through San Jose and have a tow bar ordered. I’ve received the formal quote from the Space (not from the web site) and it indicates the proper pricing of $1200 for the tow bar. I believe the web site is incredibly buggy as an honest but maddening series of mistakes.

·
Registered
2019 Volvo S60 T8
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for confirming! It’s crazy how such a simple configurator can be implemented so poorly.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
I'd go ahead and place the order to get in line. Then I'd call the customer service line and ask about it. They can fix it for you or you can then cancel the order.

'Just my opinion.

Reactions: gtpolestar

·
Registered
2019 Volvo S60 T8
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call, @ProfessorCook. I'm actually planning to head up to the P* Marin store opening this weekend to take a first-hand looks at the colors and seat material (assuming it doesn't shut down due to ... you know). I'll feel much better about placing an order once I can feel this WeaveTech stuff myself.

·
Registered
2019 Volvo S60 T8
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I go back today and now the configurator is showing the correct prices. At least it looks like they’re actively working on things!

Reactions: polerad
1 - 6 of 6 Posts