Polestar Forum banner

Digital Key Fault

6K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  saggy321 
#1 ·
Hi all,
My PS2 app yesterday stopped working with a warning triangle stating: Sign in to connect to your car. This in tadem now also means my didgital key no longer works and seems to have disconnected with no way of reconnecting, I tried to go to the connect option in the app, and stated: You’re not currently paired with a polestar. so clicked the Pair with Polestar 2 button, and then a message on my iPhone stating, Something went wrong try again. Called polestar and was told this is a known issue and is being worked on. Good job I was not away from home and just relying upon my digital phone key I guess!

#3 ·
I wonder what would have happened if I had been driving when it decided to terminate the connection. Tbh now I have no confidence in the DK I won’t use it again even if they do fix it. But the remote locking and preconditioning is useful.

#4 ·
They have a back end technical issue of unspecified nature. I contacted CS on chat and they have had numerous owners contact them with this issue. I was told it would be passed to Tech support this morning.
They really need some method of informing us that there are infrastructure issues, a nice service dashboard would be lovely

#5 ·
Yeah. Yesterday I had my bumper swapped out and when done, the front camera stopped working. As one of the troubleshooting steps, Polestar told the shop to disconnect the 12v battery. Not only didn't that fix the camera issue, but coincidentally, my app/PAK stopped working. I spent an hour last evening trying to troubleshoot and reset everything (car profiles, app, etc.) because of this issue only to discover (in the forums) that the issue probably was unrelated to the 12v disconnect and is not specific to me/my car.

#19 ·
Similar. My app now says I haven’t got a Polestar paired - the car says my iPhone is paired. The only way to remove the pairing is via the phone (which has no pairing to remove) and any attempt to re-pair gives me a ‘something went wrong’ pop up
Oh no. This just happened to me. I was setting up the Digital Key with my Pixel 5 and something went wrong. My phone doesn't think it is paired, but the car thinks it is. The car says to unpair from my phone which is obviously impossible.

Called Polestar support - they said the last person with this issue had to take it in. Not really an option for me. Anyways they said they would follow up via email. Stay tuned :)

#10 ·
Sadly, not yet. The shop in New York didn’t let the paint cure long enough before wrapping in plastic for shipping, so the body shop here in Florida tried to buff out the imperfections. That didn’t work, so they’ll have to take it off again and completely repaint it; turning a 1-day job into a 4-day job at least. Also, the New York Space included the headlight washer doors but didn’t paint them, so the shop is trying to use the original (slightly different paint job). At least they’ll be able to match the doors to the bumper Another wrinkle - this Volvo-certified shop put it all back together and upon testing, the front 360 camera is no longer recognized, so now we have to troubleshoot that, too. In short, I’m certain Polestar will make this right, but this is taking a lot more time and effort than originally planned.

#11 ·
Re the front camera, I believe the ultrasonic sensors in the bumper gate the on/off of the camera. So I wonder if the connections to the sensors is the issue?

good luck!!

#12 ·
Thanks! The ultrasonics are working fine - just the front camera. IOW, when pulling into a parking space with the 360 camera view, the ultrasonic range bars appear on top of the "no camera" blank front view.

Reactions: polerad
#13 ·
By the way, back to the original subject of this thread- I was chatting with Polestar support this morning (still love those guys!) and they confirmed that they are aware of the issue with the app/PAK and estimate their IT team will have it back up within 24 hours.

#25 ·
Hi all,
My PS2 app yesterday stopped working with a warning triangle stating: Sign in to connect to your car. This in tadem now also means my didgital key no longer works and seems to have disconnected with no way of reconnecting, I tried to go to the connect option in the app, and stated: You’re not currently paired with a polestar. so clicked the Pair with Polestar 2 button, and then a message on my iPhone stating, Something went wrong try again. Called polestar and was told this is a known issue and is being worked on. Good job I was not away from home and just relying upon my digital phone key I guess!
update…. App features all now seem to be working again, digital ley still unable to work. I deleted my key in the app, and tired to pair agin with car profile for DK but was unable to find phone etc

#22 ·
Confirmed that the recent App issue (server side) has been corrected and I have been able to successfully pair to my car again with PAK support as well. iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 14.7.1, current Polestar app. FWIW, I did the "Profile Swap" process 2 days ago as part of my troubleshooting before realizing that the issue was server-side, so the car was fresh and ready to be paired again in my case. I logged out of the Polestar app, then logged back in and the "Pair with your car" process worked as expected. Of course, YMMV. ;-)

#29 ·
My remote status check, unlock, precondition etc seem to work.
phone as a key doesn’t get through activation, still, and I feel like an idiot for even trying for a few minutes to activate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.