Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in my car yesterday charge was reading 53% drove 5 miles, stopped, started again charge was reading 23% I then drove back and then this morning moved car to charge it and it said 47% remaining.
What on earth is going on? I know not to trust the range estimate but surely the car knows what the charge state is?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I assume you are the same person on Facebook with the exact same question?

Basically something is odd ... could be a temp glitch and it will sort itself out in time ... or a real issue and you'll need to take it to Volvo. However see how it goes over the next week and try drive it some more longer distances than a few miles.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I got in my car yesterday charge was reading 53% drove 5 miles, stopped, started again charge was reading 23% I then drove back and then this morning moved car to charge it and it said 47% remaining.
What on earth is going on? I know not to trust the range estimate but surely the car knows what the charge state is?
If you did a 5 mile drive from 'cold' with heating, wipers and your heavy boots on it is conceivable that the average consumption for the trip was very high. The software then took that usage, calculated the cars projected range, then took that figure and compared it the fantasy total range figure to decide that equated to 23% battery left?

Clutching at straws there and just guessing!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you did a 5 mile drive from 'cold' with heating, wipers and your heavy boots on it is conceivable that the average consumption for the trip was very high. The software then took that usage, calculated the cars projected range, then took that figure and compared it the fantasy total range figure to decide that equated to 23% battery left?

Clutching at straws there and just guessing!!
If it did that then someone is guilty of crazy programming. It is meant to use SOC to calculate miles remaining, not the reverse!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The estimated range which is dependant on average power useage is notoriously inaccurate (and I chuckle at the 270 mile range at full charge). However per cent charge should be just that. One of my colleagues had an I-PACE with bad cells, the car in start up would interrogate the battery and decide how much of it could safely use and consequently give wide variation in range at full charge. It could be interesting (and I’ve got a plan a b and c).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts