Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Void Polestar 2 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us with some niggling issues it would be good to know what each firmware update actually does

Eg the latest update increases the recommended charging level to 90% but what else does it do?
Do I need it?
Will it fix the handshaking issues?

Polestar could you issue this information?
It will allow customers to prioritise their visits to dealers

·
Registered
Void Polestar 2 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There’s a slightly weird site where people have voted eg for a V8. Hopefully polestar will just respond to sensible suggestions

·
Registered
176 Posts
It would be good to have Release Notes in the car, in the Manual section maybe? Tesla managed it....
This is a great idea.
I have just had the recall software update installed today - they clearly did some cumulative updates as well. Most noticeably, the recommended charging limit has gone from 80%->90%. I wonder what else has been done....

·
Registered
535 Posts
This is a great idea.
I have just had the recall software update installed today - they clearly did some cumulative updates as well. Most noticeably, the recommended charging limit has gone from 80%->90%. I wonder what else has been done....
I wonder whether they have just updated their recommendation to 90% or whether part of the update allows for safe(er) charging to 90%.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wonder whether they have just updated their recommendation to 90% or whether part of the update allows for safe(er) charging to 90%.
Good point - without any form of release information it is difficult to say.
One of our Swedish collegues reported that this change is also supposed to fix the charging limit bug. I can't test that until I have burnt a few more electrons, as I am still at 92% after the last failed charge (set for 80% got 100%) - maybe tomorrow as I am out for the day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why is it that companies in the software industry (where I live my daily life) can publish backlogs, change logs, votings etc. online open for all but auto makers don't. Aren't they interested in getting feedback so they can build better products with the features that the customers really want?

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I suspect everybody's worried somebody will maliciously hack into a car and kill somebody and that the automaker will then face a horrible, expensive lawsuit. So... they're trying to keep as much secret as possible.

In other words, I think lawyers are involved.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I suspect everybody's worried somebody will maliciously hack into a car and kill somebody and that the automaker will then face a horrible, expensive lawsuit. So... they're trying to keep as much secret as possible.

In other words, I think lawyers are involved.
Something like this couldn't hurt: Share your ideas and feedback for this community.

I'm sure Microsoft has it's fair share of lawyers and security conserns...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts