Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a few perfectly reasonable gripes from owners in different posts especially related to customer service, it made me wonder whether the Polestar team actually read what's being posted on their forum and whether they do anything to address the issues mentioned - a car with this kind of status should have impeccable customer service!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
There are some members of the US CS team poking about, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were members from CS in other countries as well who browse.

·
Premium Member
Snow Performance Napa Hitch
59 Posts
How active is the Official Polestar Community page on Facebook?

Until I have my VIN (later today!) I can't join, but it seems like Polestar has made an effort to engage over there.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

Until I have my VIN (later today!) I can't join, but it seems like Polestar has made an effort to engage over there.
It's fairly active, but it's kind of a mess at times. Polestar is decently responsive, and we have seen more answers from technical people other than the typical social media team fluff. The CEO also posts from time to time, he dropped the news about the Ionity deal. But a lot of it is people venting or asking Polestar about issues, to which they often respond with some variant of "contact CS." It's not unexpected, always happens when you give people exposure to companies, but still.

I'd say join, just to get more American and SoCal representation in the group. :D

·
Registered
Ordered PS2 | Long-range | AWD | Snow | Pilot | Plus
3 Posts

I was accepted in the group even without VIN, just indicated that I have ordered my PS2 through a leading company, would take forever to get that VIN:)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts

Just put "due to data protection I do not want to supply my VIN number"

That's what I did.

However after less than a month, I left.

Imagine 50 of the same people whine and moan on every post, and the whole place is filled with negativity. It was so depressing if I'd stayed I would have wanted to sell my car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Imagine 50 of the same people whine and moan on every post, and the whole place is filled with negativity. It was so depressing if I'd stayed I would have wanted to sell my car.
I think you just described social media, in general. Just replace "50" with "500 million" and "sell my car" with "end my existence."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Even this place, although not particularly negative, has made me question my decision to order. But it's a natural byproduct of seeking out more information, I guess, and bad news is always going to be more prevalent. I keep having to convince myself it's just a selection bias and to hold out for when mine arrives.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I periodically chat into Polestar Customer Support just to tell them how much I'm enjoying the car - just so they know that not everyone contacting them is complaining or has a problem ;-) Nothing is perfect, and everyone deserves encouragement for the stuff they get right.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,337 Posts
I periodically chat into Polestar Customer Support just to tell them how much I'm enjoying the car - just so they know that not everyone contacting them is complaining or has a problem ;-) Nothing is perfect, and everyone deserves encouragement for the stuff they get right.
for the record, despite my whining, I really love my car for the car itself.
The software, comms, ops, sales, and at times service teams, I might have some words with. But the car itself I love.

as @dave says it’s both the best and worst car I’ve owned.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Even this place, although not particularly negative, has made me question my decision to order. But it's a natural byproduct of seeking out more information, I guess, and bad news is always going to be more prevalent. I keep having to convince myself it's just a selection bias and to hold out for when mine arrives.
It's a great car and I suspect the early ones are the ones with most of the issues. I cancelled an early order and got one a few months later for exactly this reason. The only issues I've had are:

1) Driver's mirror doesn't always return back fully to normal after dipping to reverse - also happens on my XC90 T8 - you just press the up button and it's back to normal - not a big deal.
2) Aircon wasn't working - fixed in last OTA update, now it's totally fine.
3) In retrospect, I wish I'd ordered the PP (just for the coloured calipers - although I don't like the PP wheels) and maybe leather seats.
4) I can't get the phone as key working, but I leave the tiny sports key on my key ring anyway (you don't even notice its there it's so small).

Honestly, it's a really, really fun car to drive, very comfortable, very secure on the road, perfectly comfortable, you can drive slow or (very) fast - it's an absolute pleasure to be in. The only car I would personally swap it for is another with PP or a Taycan (at double the price!).

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
I don't find this forum is negative, overall. There are legitimate problems we try to solve, yes, but there's also a great deal of humor and, apparently, respect for each other.

Well done, my comrades.

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July? August? vin 26xxx
394 Posts
I don't find this forum is negative, overall. There are legitimate problems we try to solve, yes, but there's also a great deal of humor and, apparently, respect for each other.

Well done, my comrades.
Except for @dave of course.

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
To what aspect of our beloved Dave are you referring?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can assure you all that in no way was my original post 'negative', software and other issues with the car will always arise and that's fair enough, you expect these to a degree with a new vehicle. The gold standard is how the Polestar team relate to, and deal with those customers who have any problems, and surely with a top end car such as Polestar we really should expect a top rate response to our queries and questions from customer services etc.- this is achievable.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Positive feedback is good for marketing and tracking progress. Negative feedback is far more useful in product development. Polestar are absolutely all over this forum and translating our whinging into actual product priorities (early action on stereo VNC complaints was particularly impressive, and now nobody writes about it anymore).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts