Polestar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I right in thinking that there is no available metal guard accessory to separate the boot from the passenger compartment?
I'm considering downsizing from my current V90 so dog accommodation is a significant factor, especially a way to prevent them voluntarily (or involuntarily!) joining the passengers during a journey.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Am I right in thinking that there is no available metal guard accessory to separate the boot from the passenger compartment?
I'm considering downsizing from my current V90 so dog accommodation is a significant factor, especially a way to prevent them voluntarily (or involuntarily!) joining the passengers during a journey.
That's correct, and checking out after market options is proving difficult too - until the delivery numbers make it viable. @charles42 has patented a temporary solution using Volvo nets, carabiners and some double sided sticky tape ;-)

Mine is hopefully being delivered tomorrow, so will be looking at the doing similar with old XC60 and XC90 nets.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Depending on the size of your dog's, you may be able to just raise the middle headrest up to keep the dogs out. Ours used to always jump over in previous cars but haven't been able to in the P*2

·
Registered
Polestar 2 stickerless Moon on 19s, non PP, tow bar
59 Posts
That's correct, and checking out after market options is proving difficult too - until the delivery numbers make it viable. @charles42 has patented a temporary solution using Volvo nets, carabiners and some double sided sticky tape ;-)

Mine is hopefully being delivered tomorrow, so will be looking at the doing similar with old XC60 and XC90 nets.
Just to offer a progress report on this. I to downsized, but from a V70. The dogs have taken to the new arrangement much better than I expected. I should stat by saying that I have not tried it with the back seats up, as there are only two of us. The two dogs thus have a space which is not noticeably less than my old car. The carabiners holding the V70 net to the grab handles, (pictures in earlier posts), actually sets the net back from the front seats, giving room for some bags. Net net has so far prevented the dogs trying to get in the front, including when we have left them alone in the car.
I was concerned before the car arrived that I would not be able to restrain them as the boot opened, as I had gates in the V70. However, they both respond to a firm "wait!" so no problems so far. I find the tailgate excellent. I have not seen any comments about it yet, other than opening with your foot. But the great thing is the slow smooth gentle way it comes down and clicks closed. The dogs respect it and move back as it is closing.
One problem with the net is it is right in the line of sight through the rear view mirror. So it is wing mirrors only. This doesn't bother me too much, but I must mention it in case anyone feels strongly about it.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 stickerless Moon on 19s, non PP, tow bar
59 Posts
Depending on the size of your dog's, you may be able to just raise the middle headrest up to keep the dogs out. Ours used to always jump over in previous cars but haven't been able to in the P*2
Probably right, although I haven't tried it yet. As everything I am sure there will be a time when I have to carry passengers at the back and take the dogs, so time will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts