Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed my P*2 order for December delivery, I hope. Not having seen the car in the flesh - how are owners finding the boot room for their dogs, and anyone recommend any accessories (rubber boot/trunk mats, guards, etc) that fit? Only extras from Polestar directly in UK are pretty limited currently.

We have a medium/large sized Wirehaired Vizsla, and he is not going to be happy with me due to lack of room - currently takes over a large section of the back in our XC90 and Alfa Romeo Stelvio. Is it possible to completely remove the tray/false floor to reveal the bottom section and give a little extra space? Although briefly on the videos I've seen, it seems that underfloor section is just a weirdly shaped cut-out, so not really going to add much. Any decent photos of the bottom section welcome.

Obviously, this is also a good opportunity to start posting "Dogs and P*2" photos.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I asked these guys about getting one for the polestar but they said it's based on interest and 2021 at earliest

If anyone finds a liner that fits well please let me know.

We have two border collies and they fit well. Don't think you can remove the whole boot floor and as you say it would be a very odd shape for them

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a Volvo liner with my V40; close fit but not perfect. Will try to pitch (sorry, borrow) the liner from my wife's CX5 to see how it sits. Unfortunately we no longer have the dog to test the new car or share photos. Unless you want to lose a very small dog down a hole, the under floor section is not suitable for a dog.:(

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
He's pretty laid back, even when he was a puppy in this photo. He was just waiting for me to let him out of the car. (Now he's 5 stone!)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I asked these guys about getting one for the polestar but they said it's based on interest and 2021 at earliest

If anyone finds a liner that fits well please let me know.

We have two border collies and they fit well. Don't think you can remove the whole boot floor and as you say it would be a very odd shape for them
Thanks for the link, they look very good. Seems like the same position as when I got the Stelvio in 2017 - nobody had heard of them and I had to order generic stuff that never quite fits.

I've registered my interest with them too. So that is 2 x potential Polestar orders at least ;-)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for the link, they look very good. Seems like the same position as when I got the Stelvio in 2017 - nobody had heard of them and I had to order generic stuff that never quite fits.

I've registered my interest with them too. So thats is 2 x potential Polestar orders at least ;-)
Awesome, thanks for doing that. If anyone else is interested please do the same.

Guy on Facebook indicated that a rhino UK liner for his suburu outback 2015 fit well and while sides are a little high, it does fit. Just not sure it does better than a generic one. Deciding whether to spend £70 on one

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a Volvo liner with my V40; close fit but not perfect. Will try to pitch (sorry, borrow) the liner from my wife's CX5 to see how it sits. Unfortunately we no longer have the dog to test the new car or share photos. Unless you want to lose a very small dog down a hole, the under floor section is not suitable for a dog.:(
tried a liner from a Mazda CX-5 for comparison. Slightly short, slightly too wide and the "wings" definitely to wide. Subsequent posts seem to have much better ideas!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome, thanks for doing that. If anyone else is interested please do the same.

Guy on Facebook indicated that a rhino UK liner for his suburu outback 2015 fit well and while sides are a little high, it does fit. Just not sure it does better than a generic one. Deciding whether to spend £70 on one
As regards the excellent hatchbag covers, looks like we need a few more owners registering interest.....

Thanks for your enquiry and interest in our products. We do not have a pattern for your car yet. Our liners are tailor made to suit specific boot shapes therefore no other liner in our range will be suitable.The criteria driving what models/boot shapes to introduce next is very much based on both demand and accessibility to the vehicle in order to scan the boot and create the liner pattern.

Right now (since the car is also very new) you are one of the first two people to ask for this model, so for now no immediate plan to scan it, especially as we are only starting now to deal with the backlog from the 5 months we were unable to have visitors onsite to bring their cars in, this will take us well into the beginning of next year.

I am sorry we cannot assist you this time and wish you to find a suitable solution soon,

Kind Regards
The Hatchbag Company

www.hatchbag.co.uk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am on the verge of ordering a Polestar 2 and I own 2 fairly large dogs (Labrador Retriever and Hungarian Vizsla)

I'm pretty certain they aren't ever going to fit in the car to be honest, unless I can get them to sit nicely on the back seats...which I doubt will happen as the lab has always hated car journeys and tends to cower in the boot on my soon to be gone, E Class Estate.

The Vizsla is just a puppy but was car-sick recently in the back of the car which doesn't bode well either.

As a company director, I am looking to take advantage of the 0% BIK rate for EV's, so I won't be buying the car I will be getting it on a 2 year business contract hire.
I've pretty much decided the rate I can get one on business contract hire is so reasonable, that I can afford to personally contract hire a poverty-spec Skoda Octavia Estate for 'family' trips (Me and my wife and 2 dogs) - A 1.0 litre SE Tech for less than £200 a month.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got a crate for our cocker spaniel and it is a snug fit (crate in car). Wouldn't be any good for a bigger dog.

It is a 4 pets 1 pro. They do something called a Caree that mounts to isofix but only suitable for small (<8 kg) pooches.

Quality is fabulous.

PXL_20201030_164657124.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Lancsrocket for starting this thread. Its all about the dog after all! I was on the point of ordering a model 3 whilst wondering how I was going to deal with her spending her time on the back seat. Then I found a you tube video comparing the 3 to the polestar, which until then, I had been unaware off (to my Shame). I really liked the 3, but with the Polestar, dog problem solved. Not only that, but more importantly, my wife preferred it all around. So result! Here I am on the forum and with a confirmed order. (January, now November).
I have ordered the Polestar mat to cover the cargo area, but time will tell if this is enough. I have had a cargo tray, by volvo in my V70s so the mat may not be enough.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts