Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not even done 2000 miles yet and picked up a F*****g screw in my rear near side tyre. Too close to sidewall so unrepairable. Irritating but the car is fully maintained so thankfully no cost to me.
Lease Plan deal with National Tyres so they sent me to my local depot.
1st visit, tyre never came in, reappoint.😕
2nd visit, ordered a Dunlop! Reappoint😤
So I got on the phone to Lease Plan’s Tyre line and explained I wanted a direct replacement, a Michelin Primacy 4. They said that was fine and booked me another appointment.
3rd visit, the had a Michelin Pilot 3 & 4 delivered😡
National told me, this is a Polestar specific tyre, even has (POL) on the sidewall. They have no stock and won’t get them in for 8-10 weeks!!
I called my local Volvo dealer who told me that they have one in stock which I could get sent up to my local garage. Lease Plan organised this so...
4th visit. 1st to Volvo, they couldn’t find the tyre so never sent it🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬!
Still waiting to hear if I’m getting a tyre next week, next month or next year.
Surely Polestar must insist on spare parts being available?
Not impressed...

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,404 Posts
Bad news!
How about availability of spares in general? Bumpers, doors, windscreens?

·
Registered
747 Posts
A Volvo driver who collected my car told me a story of a guy who hit a pheasant. It cracked the front grille (the black plastic chocolate bar type thing). Cost for replacement part - £500 !!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
A Volvo driver who collected my car told me a story of a guy who hit a pheasant. It cracked the front grille (the black plastic chocolate bar type thing). Cost for replacement part - £500 !!
To be honest they charged a friend of mine £3000 just for a new bumper on his Kona. £500 for a grille is probably right.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not even done 2000 miles yet and picked up a F*****g screw in my rear near side tyre. Too close to sidewall so unrepairable. Irritating but the car is fully maintained so thankfully no cost to me.
Lease Plan deal with National Tyres so they sent me to my local depot.
1st visit, tyre never came in, reappoint.😕
2nd visit, ordered a Dunlop! Reappoint😤
So I got on the phone to Lease Plan’s Tyre line and explained I wanted a direct replacement, a Michelin Primacy 4. They said that was fine and booked me another appointment.
3rd visit, the had a Michelin Pilot 3 & 4 delivered😡
National told me, this is a Polestar specific tyre, even has (POL) on the sidewall. They have no stock and won’t get them in for 8-10 weeks!!
I called my local Volvo dealer who told me that they have one in stock which I could get sent up to my local garage. Lease Plan organised this so...
4th visit. 1st to Volvo, they couldn’t find the tyre so never sent it🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬!
Still waiting to hear if I’m getting a tyre next week, next month or next year.
Surely Polestar must insist on spare parts being available?
Not impressed...
How long did it take? I also need a new tyre 😥

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long did it take? I also need a new tyre 😥
Volvo managed to find me a tyre. Although LeasePlan don’t usually do tyres through the dealer, they made an exception as no one else could find one. You may find the availability better now as that is four weeks now.
Good luck!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Volvo managed to find me a tyre. Although LeasePlan don’t usually do tyres through the dealer, they made an exception as no one else could find one. You may find the availability better now as that is four weeks now.
Good luck!
Thanks for that. Polestar CS suggested I try one with a “different pattern” when I told them Michelin have no stock or delivery date. Very helpful 🤯

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that. Polestar CS suggested I try one with a “different pattern” when I told them Michelin have no stock or delivery date. Very helpful 🤯
Just be aware, like Tesla’s, the Polestar tyres have “Acoustic” stamped on their sidewall. Basically a bit of foam inside the tyre to help keep road noise down. More important in an EV as the engine isn’t there to drown the noise out.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Just be aware, like Tesla’s, the Polestar tyres have “Acoustic” stamped on their sidewall. Basically a bit of foam inside the tyre to help keep road noise down. More important in an EV as the engine isn’t there to drown the noise out.
BTW, I suspect that the foam absorbs some energy and, as a result, means the tires are slightly less efficient.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Latest - Volvo Bury St Edmunds getting a tyre shipped from Sweden, should arrive while my car is in for recall work next week. Polestar Assistance recovering my car to Volvo Bury, they arranged a loan vehicle which is being delivered today, up to 30 days initial period. Can‘t really complain at that, Volvo dealership has been brilliant with excellent communication. Just wonder why Polestar don’t carry a central stock of tyres in the UK. Punctures happen.

·
Registered
747 Posts
When mine went into Bury I thought their communication was good too. Up to 30 days sounds worrying though. I would have thought that 'consumables' like tyres would be easily available. Hope you get sorted quickly.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Would it be so bad to have 1 wheel on a different brand tyre?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would it be so bad to have 1 wheel on a different brand tyre?
Absolutely no reason you could not do that. However, it would piss me off no end!
Maybe that’s just a little OCD, but you wouldn’t wear different shoes on your feet, so why the car...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Absolutely no reason you could not do that. However, it would piss me off no end!
Maybe that’s just a little OCD, but you wouldn’t wear different shoes on your feet, so why the car...
No reason at all you say? Great.
Lots of OCD around these days.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As I also may now need a new tyre, due to a screw causing a slow puncture that I discovered this afternoon in the front offside tyre, this thread does not fill me with optimism.

Tyre has done 370 miles...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts